Spyder Garage

Default Need Mechanical assist

Went out this morning and was ready to ride to work. Got on the gear, turned on the Spyder, waited the appropriate amount of time, pushed the mode button, everything came on, pushed the start button and nothing. Checked and made sure it was in "N", tried again and nothing, made sure the emergency stop was not turned on and again nothing. Placed my foot on the brake and tried again, still nothing. I did hear a slight click when I pushed the start button but nothing major. Does anyone have any ideas? I rode it Wednesday last week with no issues, pulled it into the garage and parked it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Most likely battery. Put charger on and see if it starts if you haven't already. Had similar problem and I had left key slightly to left and power was on. I think it was radio because later in the month I shut spyder off and turned slightly left and radio came on. Must be a loose connection in key switch. Hope my air bag works.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what you do..!!

try to jump start it from the car. If it starts then your battery must be to low to start the engine. Seems you have followed all the correct proceedures to start. If can't jump start put the charger on and give it time to charge up. Don't know what roadster you have or add on's that may have caused this or how old the battery is. Hope you just need a charge. Have the battery checked if it is the case.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Will check the battery when I get home. It is only a year old and I have not added any electrical gadgets. I will put the charger on it when I get home and see if that works. Thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well it is either a dead battery or the kill switch got bumped on.

Spyder Garage

There have been some kill switches go bad, but if the lcd display doesn't go bonkers when you hit start, it sounds like the starter relay is bad.

john

Spyder Garage

This has happen to me about a month ago. Bike had been sitting for several weeks and went out to start it, comp. booted, hit mode button and then hit starter button and nothing. Tried several times of turning it off and back on and still nothing when I hit the starter button.

Removed key from ignition, walked away and waited maybe 5 minutes. Walked back to bike, inserted key, turned to on position, waited for comp. to boot-up, hit menu button, pushed starter button and cranked right up. Now figure that one out.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Given the age I bet you need to tighten the connections on the battery.
    I'd bet, roger hit it on the head!

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE

OK, so I went home put the tender on the Spyder until it turned green, turned it on and it cranked ruight up and have not had any issues since. I must have somehow left something on the seven days that it sit there and drained the battery. Thanks for all of the help and hopefully there will not be another issue. Also, planning on my next service next week and will make sure that this is checked out. Thanks again for all the help.