Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default evansvillenowmilton

Hello Spyerlovers.... I want a spyder. Im tired of siting at home in my wheelchair. I have rode all kinds of bikes my whole life. Then due to post polio syndrome.I lost my ability to walk and all my possessions ..That was a while ago... I last my rental home in Ft. Myers 2005 huracane WILMA. I bought a camper and lived in it being a volunteer for free site at Fl.State Parks. I had a interp. program Where I demo'ed cooking on an open fire with cast iron..I baked bread, cobbler or what ever. I turn that into a catering business. Until 2010 Polio hit a little harder. could not do the work part of my program..store,cleaning,prep,hauling and by myself.. So now my truck is paid for and I need a past time that is good for the mind and easy on the body. I would love to ride again.. I may need to find a used spyder. I would like to get in the range of $10,000-$14,000. lower if I could find a dependable one.Any help or info. would be great. I live in the PENSACOLA FL. area I will drive to see it if within a few 100 miles. thanks Billy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome! I think you should have no trouble finding a good, reliable used Spyder for 10,000. You might need to add a handbrake a and that would cost around $1,000. Good luck and I hope you get a Spyder, it will change your life!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forums Billy. Nice phone conversation we had yesterday! Hope we can get you into a Spyder

Spyder Garage

Welcome! You have a good solid price range that will land you something. Occasionally there are spyders listed for sale that have the wheelchair rack on them and everything ready to go
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks

I dont think I will need any add ons as for ADA. I have good left hand & arm. Good right leg. I need an auto.trans. The seat on my wheelchair will raise me to the same height as the Spyder seat. Then transfer. velcro lap belt just in case. I'm on a mission. It has been years. I want that wind.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you the best of luck on your hunt. Check out the for sale by owner section of the site.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Welcome and Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by evansvillenowmilton View Post
    Hello Spyerlovers.... I want a spyder. Im tired of siting at home in my wheelchair. I have rode all kinds of bikes my whole life. Then due to post polio syndrome.I lost my ability to walk and all my possessions .. thanks Billy
    Welcome Billy and Good Luck from another post-polio rider "Down Under" in Australia.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming

"WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Spyder Garage

Let er roll...good luck

Spyder Garage

Sounds like someone is in need of some "Wind Therapy". Good luck with your search. Hope you're riding real soon.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ptbperegrine View Post
    Welcome Billy and Good Luck from another post-polio rider "Down Under" in Australia.
    thats how I plan on doing it.. I will have done just about what I set my mind to..