Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Combo

SpyderAnn thought her 14 RTS was great. After we aligned it, it was better! After I treated her to a new BajaRon Sway bar, she barely got around the corner when she was absolutely convinced: get the BajaRon Swaybar!!! Those two mods are the best thing for handling. Since then, we installed BajaRon's shock adjusters. They rock, too!!! No question; get these mods!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT

I'm wondering if the 2015 RT's need the alignment? There is 1/4 inch difference in the 2015 sway bar & Bajarons sway bar.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    I'm wondering if the 2015 RT's need the alignment? There is 1/4 inch difference in the 2015 sway bar & Bajarons sway bar.
    If you are asking do you need to have your Spyder aligned again or aligned at all because you have installed the BajaRon Sway Bar. The answer is no. The sway bar does not affect alignment at all. If you simply asking if the 2015 Spyder needs alignment. My answer would be yes, I highly recommend it. Just be sure that whoever does the alignment is both using the ROLO Laser Alignment System and that they know what they are doing. I've had customers tell me that they had their Spyder laser aligned and it was much worse after the work was done.

Just because they tell you they have a 'Laser Alignment System' does not mean they have the ROLO system. And just because they have the ROLO system does not necessarily mean they know how to use it.

Most of the alignment people I deal with (Squared Away - SpyderPops - Lamonster Garage - Pitbull Powersports) and others will not charge you if your alignment is within spec. So, if you don't need it you don't pay. And if you do need it, it is WELL WORTH the money spent.

The Spyder is extremely sensitive to alignment. If it is right it is really a joy to ride. If it is off, not only will your tires wear out much more quickly (depending on how out you are) and the steering will fight you. Some don't notice how bad it is until they get the alignment done correctly. Even if your tires are wearing well and you don't think you need it. I still highly recommend it. You may be surprised! And at least you'll know that your Spyder is within spec.

Just the cost of replacing your front tires early will easily pay the alignment.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just purchased a new 2015 RT and I have the waggle if you will that many talk about especial with high winds.
    i want to check the tire pressure next time I go out due to not knowing what the dealer has the tires set at.

is the Baja Ron Sway Bar something an average DIY guy can install?

i will try to find a CT shop that can do the laser alignment using the ROLO system.
    Is that the correct terminology?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanT View Post
    I just purchased a new 2015 RT and I have the waggle if you will that many talk about especial with high winds.
    i want to check the tire pressure next time I go out due to not knowing what the dealer has the tires set at.

is the Baja Ron Sway Bar something an average DIY guy can install?

i will try to find a CT shop that can do the laser alignment using the ROLO system.
    Is that the correct terminology?
    Yes, that is the correct terminology. As for the sway bar. It depends on what is causing your 'Waggle'. Waggle isn't an extremely descriptive term. It can mean different things to different people. Not getting on you. Just saying that diagnosing something that is vague can lead to the wrong cure being recommended.

The sway bar will greatly reduce excessive leaning, diving (when braking in turns), getting pushed around in windy/gusty conditions or when passing large trucks at highway speeds. It tends to stabilize the Spyder. People use terms like 'Being on Rails' or 'Handles like a Go-Cart'.

I would suggest making sure your tire pressures are somewhere in the 18 lb. front and 28 lb. rear. If you are heavy or heavily loaded you might want to bump that up a pound or 2. Get the alignment done as suggested and see what that does for you. My sway bar will not cure a bad alignment.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up YES!!

CanAm really should have put on a better (stiffer) anti-sway bar to begin with, so yes, install it. Spring stiffeners are also a good Idea. My 2014 RTS handles MUCH better with those two changes.
    My was poorly preped at the dealer. Tire pressures were way off and very badly balanced. Alignment seems OK but I still trying to set up an appointment in Las Vegas to get an alignment. Maybe in May????????????????

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 rt lead mited

Do I he's need bay Ron they said at the dealer the bar is plenty big enough if you insist just st update shock fox people drum for rt from brp

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you NEED it? Probably not...

Do you WANT it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The laser alignment is an absolute must.
    The RonBar is a very good idea but not as essential as it was in previous years.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    SpyderAnn thought her 14 RTS was great. After we aligned it, it was better! After I treated her to a new BajaRon Sway bar, she barely got around the corner when she was absolutely convinced: get the BajaRon Swaybar!!! Those two mods are the best thing for handling. Since then, we installed BajaRon's shock adjusters. They rock, too!!! No question; get these mods!
    Just do what cptjam said and be happy, happy, happy. No need for any other conversation. BTDT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    I'm a new Can Am owner of a 2014 RT Limited. Do they need sway bars and laser alignment like some of the older models or are the newer models better and the items are not needed?
    Thanks for the answers in advance.
    In a word yes. If you plan to ride twisties or at freeway speeds (and beyond) you need both. I installed a Bajaron swaybar and links on my 2014 RTL at 6000 miles. The difference in handling and stability at speeds is remarkable.

Spyder Garage

The alignment is the most important for straight line stability & tire wear protection.
    The sway bar will help a bunch through the curves & give high speed stability in the
    wind & passing or being passed by big trucks.
    The spring adjusters will add to the first two an if you like to get a little aggressive
    in the curves at times this is where the extra spring preload will really pay off.
    Ron did a very good job on the Bar & adjusters, when you go through a 40 mph
    curve at 60 + mph & smile the whole time thank Ron.
    spyder strider
    Dan in Georgia