Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Do 2014 RT's need sway bars and laser alignment like the older model years?

I'm a new Can Am owner of a 2014 RT Limited. Do they need sway bars and laser alignment like some of the older models or are the newer models better and the items are not needed?
    Thanks for the answers in advance.

Spyder Garage

Default For me: YES

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    I'm a new Can Am owner of a 2014 RT Limited. Do they need sway bars and laser alignment like some of the older models or are the newer models better and the items are not needed?
    On the laser alignment, it is important that you have it done by a certified ROLO tech. Some Can-Am dealers are doing laser alignment (cost is usually more and a waste of time) and it is NOT the one that gets the job done. Had the dealer alignment on my 998.... ROLO on my '14/1330 +s
    Swaybar for me was a "must have". I did not drive the '14 without, so my decision was made based on what I read from '14 owners here on SLovers that I know ryde alot. So I told Pitbull Powersports to have both done when I took ownership of my '14.
    You will absolutely love your RT Limited. If you ever want to know how realllllly huge the improvement is over the 998 engine....take a 998 for a spin....you will be like .
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I too have a 2014 RT and would be interested in hearing if you get the sway bar or have the laser alignment and what your thought are afterwards. Hope you will post and let us know. Thank you.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RTS SE6. Even tho the 2014's have a little better anti-sway bar on them than previous models, I opted for the Baja Ron anti-sway bar to be installed upon purchase. I love how the Baja Ron anti-sway bar worked on my 2012 and I wanted that same feeling on my 2014. I also had my dealer do the laser alignment before I took possession. All I can say is wow! That laser alignment makes a world of difference and is well worth the money. I think 99.9% of Spyders need the laser alignment. The Baja Ron anti-sway bar and laser alignment are both money well spent.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Not sure if a sway bar is needed on my 2014. My 2011 has an alignment issue because the right front tire is wearing on the inside (at 11,500 miles).

My dealer has decided NOT to opt for being set up to do the laser alignments. Unfortunately, I am to far away from the lower 48 to pick up on one of the many laser alignments being offered.

We will see how this all works out, when I get the front tires replaced on the 2011 next week.

Based on what I have heard so far--laser alignments seem to be necessary for 90+ % of the Spyders tested.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

In one word!!'"........absolutely ....I had my '14 done at spyderfest ...big difference

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

No.. They don't need them. The sway bar is only to help with the handling and it does a great job at that. The alignment should be done but the new laser is said to be much better. Both are a choice for one to make. If you are happy with your ryde then let it be. Jmho I have the sway bar but not the alignment.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default OK, I'm ready to try the alignment and sway bar

Will anyone be at Americade that can do this stuff on my bike. I'll be there Friday and Saturday 7/6 and 7/7 and I can make an appointment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't heard of any vendors going to Americade but there will be vendors at Spyderquest in September if you can wait that long.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Will anyone be at Americade that can do this stuff on my bike. I'll be there Friday and Saturday 7/6 and 7/7 and I can make an appointment.
    There is a dealer in Lebanon,PA that is doing laser alignments. Motosports Inc. Look on Rolo's site.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Rolo/ OUTLAW/ True Laser Track at Americade 2014

Norm Robinson will be located at the American Legion on 9 L and will also be staying at Spyderquest’s Host hotel from 2013 (Studio Hotel).
    He will be performing the patented laser alignment to the rear wheel that BRP endorses.
    June 3 to 6. 8:30 to 4:30. Leaving Friday the 6th at 2:00 pm.

Call Norm at 315-520-5907 for more info

Spyder Garage

The sway bar helps enormously in handling the bike in heavy crosswinds . I did not notice much difference otherwise. The laser alignment is still a must in 2014 it improves handling and steering quality. I have over 12400 miles on my 2014 so I have tested both enhancements thoroughly
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

YES, they still need both. 2014 front suspension is the same as the 2013 except for slightly different shock calibration.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My situation is the same as MurphyBrown's. I'd say get it. You won't be sorry.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    There is a dealer in Lebanon,PA that is doing laser alignments. Motosports Inc. Look on Rolo's site.
    I'm 5 miles from Lebanon and never heard of them and I can not find them on Rolo's website. Am I missing something?

Spyder Garage

Just put the BajaRon's sway bar on my new '14 RT, and can tell the difference in the twists; it helps the tires to grip more of the road.

Had my GS aligned in March and saw what to look for (mostly your front tires are not in the proper position when the Spyder is pointed forward). The alignment on the GS made a huge difference and I had a BajaRon sway bar on that one too.

When I first laid eyes on my new RT and saw the positioning of the front tires, I knew it needed an alignment because the left tire points inward instead of forward. It may not need much adjusting, but by having an alignment, it will save additional wear and tear on the front suspension and tires.

So IMHO, yes, get it done.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Laser Alignment in PA

I'm 5 miles from Lebanon and never heard of them and I can not find them on Rolo's website. Am I missing something?
    There is a Motor Sports, Hanover PA listed on ROLO's site as one of their laser alignment dealers. Also, Blackman's is listed as a dealer.

Spyder Garage

Default 1 more question

Does it matter which I do first? The alignment or the sway bar or is there no difference?

Spyder Garage

Default Order

No particular order. I do both, and one has no impact on the other. Both significantly improve your ride quality. Best mod to do!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Just put the BajaRon's sway bar on my new '14 RT, and can tell the difference in the twists; it helps the tires to grip more of the road.

Had my GS aligned in March and saw what to look for (mostly your front tires are not in the proper position when the Spyder is pointed forward). The alignment on the GS made a huge difference and I had a BajaRon sway bar on that one too.

When I first laid eyes on my new RT and saw the positioning of the front tires, I knew it needed an alignment because the left tire points inward instead of forward. It may not need much adjusting, but by having an alignment, it will save additional wear and tear on the front suspension and tires.

So IMHO, yes, get it done.
    see ya Sunday!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

blackmans definatly has it had mine done there
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Wheels View Post
    There is a Motor Sports, Hanover PA listed on ROLO's site as one of their laser alignment dealers. Also, Blackman's is listed as a dealer.
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Do 2014 RT'S need sway bars

Can anyone tell the difference between the anti sway bar and a good pair of shocks? I have the new 2014RT LTD and I notice a difference in cornering from my 2010. Leans and sways more. I know the shocks on the 2010 were adjustable. The ones on the 2014 are not. By the way, I absolutely Love my new 2014! Mike

Spyder Garage

The bar does make a difference over the stock.

Spyder Garage

Yes on the Baja Ron Anti-sway bar & the Laser alignment.
    Baja Ron Anti-sway bar
    Spyder Pop's skid plate

Spyder Garage

Cool Yes It Does

Does it matter which I do first? The alignment or the sway bar or is there no difference?
    Do the alignment first. If you like the way you spyder performs afterwards you my opt not the get sway bars. After I got the laser alignment done on my 2014 RTS, I don't think that I will be getting the sway bar.