Spyder Garage

Default Random Check Engine

My 2012 RT Limited, 9500 miles, has started giving me a random (every 300-400 miles) check engine with random codes, on then off then on, but does not put the bike in limp mode. Had the dealer check it with buds, it did not show anything. If I stop and turn off, then start and continue the error does not occur again during the ride. Has anyone experienced this issue and discovered what is causing it? I thought it might be a loose connection, but I would think if it is a loose connection that it would occur each time I rode.

Thanks in advance.
    SRW
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2012 RT Limited
    SpiderWrap Graphics
    KewlMetal DualKewl FenderZ Running Lights
    TricLED Dual Running & Brake Lights
    Seal Floorboards
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar
    Utopia Backrest
    Diamond R Luggage Rack
    SpyderPops Upper Blockoff
    SpyderPops Catalytic Converter Shield

Spyder Garage

Push all the relays in. they may look OK but is does not take much for them to think something is wrong when you hit a bump ahrd enough.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

re-seat all relays and fuses and check connections...so if you are getting random codes what are they and why can't the dealer find the problem knowing the codes. Check oil level, I have found running on inclines with oil level below half will kick in check engine light with no side effects. Once stopped on level ground it clears but top off anyway. Try to remember when it happens what your surroundings are..temps, road conditions etc. Due to the intervals seems unlikely loose connections but more engine temp, ambient temp oil level or condition...codes would really help...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by srwilli View Post
    My 2012 RT Limited, 9500 miles, has started giving me a random (every 300-400 miles) check engine with random codes, on then off then on, but does not put the bike in limp mode. Had the dealer check it with buds, it did not show anything. If I stop and turn off, then start and continue the error does not occur again during the ride. Has anyone experienced this issue and discovered what is causing it? I thought it might be a loose connection, but I would think if it is a loose connection that it would occur each time I rode.

Thanks in advance.
    SRW
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Did you get the recent software upgrade? I did & mine started doing it when you go to clock,date,month,year.