View Poll Results: Your opinion matters!

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to join an official Club/Chapter

9 45.00%
  • I would never join a club or chapter

4 20.00%
  • I might join if the terms were right

7 35.00%
    Spyder Garage

Default Wanting to know what the general concensus would be...

Wanting to know how the Ryders in western WA feel about maybe getting an official club/chapter together. I know people have varying opinions on this subject, and I'd like to hear them all. I am apart of the SRA-Columbia River Chapter, as well as helped start up the SRA-San Diego Chapter. I'm interested in also maybe starting up a possible SRA-Puget Sound Chapter (name pending, just geographical location) or something of the like for western WA. I completely understand that we have our little riding groups and I would never shun them, just wanting to see about maybe starting the Chapter up and making something official.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Group

I think I would be interested in joining. I have a few folks that I ride with sometimes but nothing "official". Would like to know some more about the group expectations.

Spyder Garage

Default Great Idea..!!

I am a member of the SRA national chapter #34 the San Diego chapter and the LA chapter. If I were in your area I would join for sure...good luck with this..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    I think I would be interested in joining. I have a few folks that I ride with sometimes but nothing "official". Would like to know some more about the group expectations.
    The great thing about SRA is that the National Director lets the chapters choose how to run themselves, so it will be up to us once we get going, if we do. We'd just need to abide by the Charter, which is a really short list of rules. As a chapter of SRA, it's essentially like HOG, in that it's an owners group. but we aren't stuck to ONE dealer. we are able to choose who we go to individually, essentially no change to how it is now with who you go to. Will be able to find out more once things get going.

I may set up an event this summer to see how many people would be wanting to go. It'd be easiest at Heart of Washington, but as of right now, I'm not going.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default puget sound sra chapter

Count me in as long as others will help. It can be a fun thing to do and spread our sport around the area.More is fun. Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Would be interested
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

seems like there's enough interest for me to kickstart the next chapter. after I get most of the info I think I would need and the future membership would like to know, I will see what time and say this summer would be the best to meet up and hash things out and make this thing real.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Very interested

HI,
    Yes, count us in. We would be very interested!
    SPYDERKIDZ

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Local Grouping

I mentioned I would help you out with this event so just give me a shout and we can help get it done.360-481-0446 Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    seems like there's enough interest for me to kickstart the next chapter. after I get most of the info I think I would need and the future membership would like to know, I will see what time and say this summer would be the best to meet up and hash things out and make this thing real.

Spyder Garage

sent an email to all who posted a reply. have only heard back from one. would like to get this ball rolling.

Spyder Garage

Washington is a big state so it would depend how far the meetings would be away. I would like to see a club start up if for no other reason than to meet more of our fellow Spyder Riders. I will not wear patches and try to distance myself from the typical "Outlaw look", I am bit more mature than that. Given the chapter(s) location(s) are within reasonable travel distance and it is kept simple and fun count me in :-)