Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    armor is over rated.. I have been riding cross country since 1967 on 2 wheels .. what ever you feel best at do it.. I don't do armor .. and on the spyder ... why? when it's your time.. doesn't matter what you wear..

Why do you say armor is overrated? What are the reasons for your claim? I want to know the details that support your conclusion. That way I can make my own conclusion which could agree with yours.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default i don't fall in the fear factor thing

and that is what armor is about,, especially if you are in the 170mph range as I have been on 2 wheels.. when I younger... I have a good feel about myself.. with over 50 + years of riding... if one wants to wear armor , expecting to fall then wear it.. I have never expected to fall although I knew and have fallen.. and slid.. sideways.. I saw no reason then and on 3 wheels , I most certainly don't see the added expense..

Spyder Garage

and that is what armor is about,, especially if you are in the 170mph range as I have been on 2 wheels.. when I younger... I have a good feel about myself.. with over 50 + years of riding... if one wants to wear armor , expecting to fall then wear it.. I have never expected to fall although I knew and have fallen.. and slid.. sideways.. I saw no reason then and on 3 wheels , I most certainly don't see the added expense..
    I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. So, please correct me if I get this wrong. What I think I hear you saying is that you personally believe that you are a excellent motorcycle rider. As such, you know from your own experience that you are able to foresee threats, and take evasive actions...so, based on that you just plain do not need the extra protection. Did I get this correct? If not, please correct my misunderstandings.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Full mesh gear, mesh pants with shorts under, mesh jacket with a tank top under, riding boots, mesh gloves and my helmet of course. And since my skin is so freakin fair I wear sunblock on my neck, face and arms.
    Y Blue
    -Ruth K, Hoffman Estates IL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes Dan You are Coorect

I have always been aware and Have seen more than some.. I also apply this to my auto driving.. I trust no one except myself and I have done everything in my power to avoid pain over the years.. however i did lose a leg to someone else foopa 33 years ago

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. So, please correct me if I get this wrong. What I think I hear you saying is that you personally believe that you are a excellent motorcycle rider. As such, you know from your own experience that you are able to foresee threats, and take evasive actions...so, based on that you just plain do not need the extra protection. Did I get this correct? If not, please correct my misunderstandings.

I was wondering how long it would take. Here we go...

Spyder Garage

I have always been aware and Have seen more than some.. I also apply this to my auto driving.. I trust no one except myself and I have done everything in my power to avoid pain over the years.. however i did lose a leg to someone else foopa 33 years ago
    I am sorry about losing your leg. After dislocating my shoulder and cracking a few ribs when I wrecked my bike, I truly have empathy. My experience resulted in a different outcome for me. I am ATGATT. I credit ATGATT for me being above ground (not dead) today. So, I will continue doing that. However, after I saw a biker in the ER at the hospital Where I used to work, who had his toes severed by steel toe boots in a wreck, I don't wear steel toe boots anymore--just boots.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default giggle--- steve when I lived down in Hiusto TX

I was on the free ways of america on my bmw going to work.. locked into traffic at around 80.. truck in front of me with a 50 gallon drum in the bed .. with the lid dancing,, I was Like Oh '''t .. the lid came off and went dancing across the highway , doing flip flops.. I timed it perfectly and ran over it when it was flat on the highway... yea i know how to ride.. and i am not afraid of anything

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default what'S ATGATT

don't know..

I died 3 times that night.. different experience great visuals

Spyder Garage

don't know..

I died 3 times that night.. different experience great visuals
    ATGATT means All The Gear, All The Time.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe