Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 rear tire replaced at 6666

Well only got 6666 out my new 2014 rear tire. I tow my rt622, the tire wore clean down to steel belt. Ran 29 psi in it, so I think it due to much York? Or bad tire? Any way bring tire home to have BRP to look at..also belt was worn to so replaced it also.? Any way still love my 2014 rts....great riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope you can find a tire that is better then that, remember the tires that come stock are China s finest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Belt worn

Sounds like the belt was made in China too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't think I will even make 6000 mile on rear I have 4500 miles now and the center is wore down to all of the wear points. we rode two up to spderfest 3400 moles I put 29 in rear tire dealer sad to run it at 25 it would get better wear pattern,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

there is something with the compound in the tires but more the re-learning rpm's. The low end torque, greater horsepower added wieght are hard on the tires. Now the belt issue is new but could also be related to the same things. Bummer, though seems to be the norm only getting 6,000 miles on the oem tires.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silvervette05 View Post
    I hope you can find a tire that is better then that, remember the tires that come stock are China s finest
    The irony is my ten ply trailer tires I bought for the toy hauler are Maxxis and made in Taiwan. I can't find a quality radial ten ply anywhere under a US brand, much less made in the U.S.A....

Know what? Those Maxxis are considered the best by many so go figure.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default REAR TIRE

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    Well only got 6666 out my new 2014 rear tire. I tow my rt622, the tire wore clean down to steel belt. Ran 29 psi in it, so I think it due to much York? Or bad tire? Any way bring tire home to have BRP to look at..also belt was worn to so replaced it also.? Any way still love my 2014 rts....great riding.
    It sure is looking like the 2014's need a " passenger car " rear tire more than the other year Spyders......................JMHO......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default rear tire

I got 16,000 out of my rear tire , center of tire was slick but the steel belt was not yet showing , I reduced my air pressure to 20 lbs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

But 16,00 . Was it a 2014 or later. Their is big dif on the 14 teens. So now have 3890 miles on new tire and with the air at or set by brp to 25 psi the center is now pass the wear marks, but the out side are doing great? Will keep looking for a better tire. O just weighted the the bike and trl and me on it. 2168 lbs...... ??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got 9,600 miles on my 2014 and a new tire is supposed to be arriving today. I could have replaced it a few thousand miles ago but I didn't have time. I'm putting on an Arachnid and I'll give you a report in a week or so as I should have a few thousand miles on it by then.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not just the RT

Sorry to disapoint all you 14 RT owners, but it apppears to be a Kenda tire issue. My ST limited is at 3300 miles and I think I will be really lucky if I get 7 or 8000 miles out of it. I am already at about half of the tread.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well now at 6575 and have now put a new tire on the spacetrucker yellow, so now so far two new tires wow that's not good. But out here where Iam at they only have stock tires ? So new one on now, so when I get home will look for better tires for shure. And yes towing my 622 trl loaded at 400 lbs, bike doing good miles now14,000 on my 14. Fuel has been 31 so far but towing suckers gas for shure, and heavy winds to. Ok seya all later on....peace out...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For got to say 1. At 6666 and 2. At 6575 so now have 14,000 on bike with 2 new tires in the 14,000 miles...

Spyder Garage

Default WHERE YOU ARE ??????

Well now at 6575 and have now put a new tire on the spacetrucker yellow, so now so far two new tires wow that's not good. But out here where Iam at they only have stock tires ? So new one on now, so when I get home will look for better tires for shure. And yes towing my 622 trl loaded at 400 lbs, bike doing good miles now14,000 on my 14. Fuel has been 31 so far but towing suckers gas for shure, and heavy winds to. Ok seya all later on....peace out...
    I can't believe UPS doesn't deliver in your area ................buy them on-line at DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT....FREE SHIPPING...MIKE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What rear tire do they have? Will need one by the time I get to canada, for open house June 6

Spyder Garage

Default NEW TIRE

What rear tire do they have? Will need one by the time I get to canada, for open house June 6
    REAR TIRE ....KUMHO ECSTA 225 / 50 - 15 .......last I looked $ 81 delivered.....Mike ..............Normal ship time for them to east coast is 3 days

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thks just order them say will be at my hotel by Friday June 6th that's fast for shure.. 91.25 for it and three day shipping free..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rev.rr View Post
    I don't think I will even make 6000 mile on rear I have 4500 miles now and the center is wore down to all of the wear points. we rode two up to spderfest 3400 moles I put 29 in rear tire dealer sad to run it at 25 it would get better wear pattern,
    There was another poster that stated he reduced the pressure in the rear time and got more mileage from it. Makes sence because from the looks of rear tires posted they give indications of overinflated.

Spyder Garage

On my previous '11 I ran 20lbs for nearly 10K when I traded it for the '14 and the tread was wearing evenly and still had plenty left. The tire was a Pirelli P4 205-60-15 and I now have the same tire on the '14. I've got 22lb in it and will watch for wear.

I have noticed that on concrete roads that have rain groves, the tire wants to "follow" the groves. I'll prob try the Kumho next time to see how it wears; it does have a better looking tread pattern, if that makes a diff.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

At 3,500 miles mine are basically still like new.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I've got 9,600 miles on my 2014 and a new tire is supposed to be arriving today. I could have replaced it a few thousand miles ago but I didn't have time. I'm putting on an Arachnid and I'll give you a report in a week or so as I should have a few thousand miles on it by then.

Do you people ever work?

My 2013 only has 3000 miles on it.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RT-L and ride two up always and highways. Replaced rear tire last year with Michelin hydroedge and put 3000 miles on it. Tire new 10/32 tread now at 9/32. Love the tire and should get a lot of miles out of it, too bad they discontinued this tire. Also average 35 mpg US.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No I do not work. I just ride and do different bike shows. But you just don't get it. The tires we a talking about on the new 2014, bikes not the older ones . Yes some get better on the 14 teens but with all the dif roads they do eat tires faster. So on the 14 teens keep a good look out on the rear tire? Ok...fronts doing great with 16,000 on them and are doing great. Not the rears one. But new tire this next week with new type on we will see how it works. Time I get to canada, will have just about 19,990. Se ya all soon in Canada...