Spyder Garage

Default Stupid question of the day, maybe month but here goes...

Ok, I already know the answer is going to be no, but I thought I would give you all a laugh at my expense.

Is is the spyder ODBII compliant, I know that's an automotive spec and I know they have there own buds system.

let me explain, I'm not a tool head but I like my gadgets, not interested in service codes or resetting anything. If I have an issue with my spyder, I do my research here then off to the dealer.

On my cars I have Bluetooth ODBII readers that dump out information to my phone or my Garmin GPS (not 665) it gives out echo readings and other stuff about the engine.

Not that I have any great need for this information it's just because you can, thought it would be cool if you could do the same thing.

ok you can stop laughing now...

I still want my SpyderDoo so I can go seamlessly from road to water to road again, just because it would be cool and it would satisfy the Bond that's in me.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

SO the SPyderDoo would the ski's come out of the frunk and down from the rear. That would be cool.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's actually a pretty darn good question!
    But no; they aren't!
    The BUDS system is functionally different from an OBDII system.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

the buds report is amazing. when they sent the report to BRP on my bike i took a copy, i have absolutely no clue what the report said but when i got a call from steve from BRP he told me things that i never knew could be on the report, such as shifting rpm and cruising speed and rpm temperatures ,hours and so on. so the answer is no
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

There was a guy here that was trying to decode BUDs using ODBII. It is a can-buss but with BRP propritary protocol. He made "some" progress but then stopped trying.
    I am sure with some searching you can find that post.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    the buds report is amazing. when they sent the report to BRP on my bike i took a copy, i have absolutely no clue what the report said but when i got a call from steve from BRP he told me things that i never knew could be on the report, such as shifting rpm and cruising speed and rpm temperatures ,hours and so on. so the answer is no
    see now that would be cool, if they sold a cut down buds system that just did this report. Like you I have no clue to what it all means but it would make some great bed time reading and a great gift for those that have everything.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Harry,
    Perhaps you have a child; that can marry into a Spyder Dealership family...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ok,Bob you have stumped me with this avatar. I can't for the life of me remember what movie or show that is from. I want to say one of the Star Trek's. am I close.

Bill C.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    I assume "they" is the dealer? Do dealers not have the ability to analyze BUDS data or was this something unusual that needed factory support?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    Ok,Bob you have stumped me with this avatar. I can't for the life of me remember what movie or show that is from. I want to say one of the Star Trek's. am I close.

Bill C.

"Q"... If only I could be so all-powerful, and STILL have my own impish sense of humor!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

"Q"... If only I could be so all-powerful, and STILL have my own impish sense of humor!
    Bob, I still like the Female "Q" better, although I am not suggesting that you use her as your Avatar. There was one episode where the she "Q" took the guy "Q" to task big time. But then again, I always thought "Q" looked more regal as a judge than any other character he became.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John DeLancie made that characer his very own...
    Q was the "Bad-Guy", who wasn't really all that bad...
    ...and definitely had STYLE!