Spyder Garage

Default Not the greatest dealer

Unfortunately I was at my dealership to get the parts to do the first oil change. The tried to sell me the BRP kit for the 13' & earlier. I explained it was a new motor and tranny and got the I don't know what to tell ya look. I looked up the individual part #'s listed in the diy section and they told me those #'s didn't come up on the computer? Great! I then showed them how my drive belt was all the way to the right against the sprocket ...this is how it was delivered...and they said they like to adjust them in the middle but do not have any alignment tools to do in the future ? Great!

So I guess I need to see if someone here has all the parts for a proper oil change and should I just do the alignment myself per the diy video offered here? Does the belt need to be adjusted so it rides in the middle of the sprocket on the 14's?

Spyder Garage

You need a different dealer. How far to the next one?
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Myoutdoors View Post
    Unfortunately I was at my dealership to get the parts to do the first oil change. The tried to sell me the BRP kit for the 13' & earlier. I explained it was a new motor and tranny and got the I don't know what to tell ya look. I looked up the individual part #'s listed in the diy section and they told me those #'s didn't come up on the computer? Great! I then showed them how my drive belt was all the way to the right against the sprocket ...this is how it was delivered...and they said they like to adjust them in the middle but do not have any alignment tools to do in the future ? Great!

So I guess I need to see if someone here has all the parts for a proper oil change and should I just do the alignment myself per the diy video offered here? Does the belt need to be adjusted so it rides in the middle of the sprocket on the 14's?

Not it clear which dealer you visited but I use Rt 3a Motorsports in Chelmsford, MA. It's not all that far from you, ask for Nate in Service or Gary the Service Manager.

Spyder Garage

I use Bobs Skidoo in Easton, Ma.
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

They came through today and I should have the parts to do it myself by tomorrow or Friday. I'll only bring it in for a serious warranty issue. I do all my own wrenching on all my sleds , wheelers and bikes so I'll do the same for the Spyder. As I get older and start to think I'll just pay someone to work on things to save me time...I realize I can't let some maroon do it. I just need to get used to how this thing ticks.

thank God for great forums such as this...every vehicle I've ever owned, I have found these types of forums to be the most valuable tool in the box!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

They came through today and I should have the parts to do it myself by tomorrow or Friday. I'll only bring it in for a serious warranty issue. I do all my own wrenching on all my sleds , wheelers and bikes so I'll do the same for the Spyder. As I get older and start to think I'll just pay someone to work on things to save me time...I realize I can't let some maroon do it. I just need to get used to how this thing ticks.

thank God for great forums such as this...every vehicle I've ever owned, I have found these types of forums to be the most valuable tool in the box!
    +1 on this. I do have the very first service done by the dealer on all new bikes, but after that I do it all unless it is a warranty issue.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MORON'S

....Amen Brother..............Mike

Spyder Garage

They got the parts and gave me a discount so that helped. I still don't know what I'll do when a laser alignment is needed?
    2014 RTS White
    Spy alarm, 12v DC outlet on dash, Custom Embroidered Seat with Gel insert, Anti-Scuff pads for passenger

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They got the parts and gave me a discount so that helped. I still don't know what I'll do when a laser alignment is needed?
    Go to www.spydercomfort.com and look for a dealer near you for laser alignment. Or you could ride to Las Vegas and I'll get you Squared Away.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622