Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

No rain or wet water wash yet. Will be watching to see if there are any leakage issues with mine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Checked mine today. Wet inside. So far not impressed with dealer setup even though they DID hurry to get it to me. Trunks don't latch right. Trunk leaks. Front tires had 5psi. My Harleys were ALWAYS set up better than this. But it's still ten times better set up than my Excelsior Henderson!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    Checked mine today. Wet inside. So far not impressed with dealer setup even though they DID hurry to get it to me. Trunks don't latch right. Trunk leaks. Front tires had 5psi. My Harleys were ALWAYS set up better than this. But it's still ten times better set up than my Excelsior Henderson!
    Sounds pretty close to mine, except for the tire air pressure, which was set exactly right. I took mine back for warranty work on the ignition and complained about the frunk leak. They sort of fixed it, but still have not gotten the side case releases right. So, back to the dealer.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mine Too

Last week when I washed my '14 RTS, I decided to check and there was water in the bottom of the frunk. Easy to blot up the water but haven't done anything about it yet. I'm wondering if it will do it while driving in the rain or if it was just because of it standing still with lots of water being sprayed on it with the hose. I know that either way it shouldn't happen. Latch seems to work well but perhaps it needs to be pulled tighter when closed. Will have to try the dielectric grease test.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up solution to leak

Mine leaks, its a 2010 and my solution was a LARGE plastic bag with NO holes. Put all into the bag close well.

Spyder Garage

I got caught in a pretty heavy downpour yesterday. No water in the front trunk.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a new 14 and discovered everything in the frunk gets soaked after rain or washing.

Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Leak Identified

-iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sassoman View Post
    made me curious about water getting into the front trunk so I got into my front trunk and closed the lid and had my wife spray the front with a hose while i held a flashlight.No leaks on mine! Man ,you can store a lot of stuff in that front trunk.
    Good to see somebody had the sense to really get to the inside of the matter.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool hi abc

hi my name is skip i'm from higganum ct what i have done is to use a heavy trash bag because of that very thing happening to us

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sassoman View Post
    made me curious about water getting into the front trunk so I got into my front trunk and closed the lid and had my wife spray the front with a hose while i held a flashlight.No leaks on mine! Man ,you can store a lot of stuff in that front trunk.
    You people are so gullible or just not reading. You couldn't get a 2 year old in the trunk and if you did they couldn't move around to see anything.

Trailer yes, front ftrunk NOT even.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

My Frunck leaks while parked. The water is coming in through the joint where the two halves of the join, just below the fuse covers.

Pit Bull stated it would take about four hours of labor to remove the frunk and separate the halves, seal them and remount the frunk. Pit Bull also stated there is a drain behind the frunk under the latch assembly which might be plugged.

I will pull the frunk sometime and try to seal the joint, check the drain.

2015 Red Pearl RT-S
    EXO2 heated Vest/Gloves
    BAJARONS sway bar
    TricLEDS side markers
    Xenon Depot LED Head & Fog Lights\
    Missing Belt Guard
    Bump Skid
    M2 Shocks front/rear
    Russel Day Long heated seat

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I seem to recall seeing someone that sells a "better seal" for the frunk, anyone help jolt my memory on who or where?
    Mine is separating a little in places and adhesive is letting loose.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kywinger View Post
    My Frunck leaks while parked. The water is coming in through the joint where the two halves of the join, just below the fuse covers.

Pit Bull stated it would take about four hours of labor to remove the frunk and separate the halves, seal them and remount the frunk. Pit Bull also stated there is a drain behind the frunk under the latch assembly which might be plugged.

I will pull the frunk sometime and try to seal the joint, check the drain.
    That is exactly where mine was leaking as well as some others. The entire tub was replaced under warranty and has not leaked since. As good as I know Pitt Bull is as a dealer, not sure why they are not just getting a replacement tub for your frunk.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

This problem developed for me recently after over 1 year old and over 11,500 miles on my 15 RTL. I have washed this thing and ridden in the rain too many times to count and never had any water in the frunk. Now, two rainy days in a row, I've got standing water in the frunk. After reading the posts here, I pulled the liner and rain a hose into the drain hole at the latch. I had a steady stream of water pouring into the frunk from the upper mount hole of the Bluetooth dongle bracket. The hole that has the plastic barbed pushpin in it. Since I've already moved the dongle to the rear trunk, I removed the bracket entirely and plugged the hole. No more water!!
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Sounding like a gasket. An easy fix.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My 2014 rt trunk leaked coming home from Spyderfest
    Christine

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I seem to recall seeing someone that sells a "better seal" for the frunk, anyone help jolt my memory on who or where?
    Mine is separating a little in places and adhesive is letting loose.

Joe
    SpyderPops sells a replacement. I bought one at SpyderFest because mine started to come apart.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My frunk leaks, none of the other luggage on the Spyder leaks. The bags have leaked on every motorcycle I ever owned. Most of them I'd put a little hole in the bottom to let the water drain. Afraid to do this to the frunk, because I'm not sure what's under it.

I'm going to put a new gasket on the frunk. and start putting vulnerable items stowed there in waterproof containers.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    My frunk leaks, none of the other luggage on the Spyder leaks. The bags have leaked on every motorcycle I ever owned. Most of them I'd put a little hole in the bottom to let the water drain. Afraid to do this to the frunk, because I'm not sure what's under it.

I'm going to put a new gasket on the frunk. and start putting vulnerable items stowed there in waterproof containers.

~Sandee~
    Considering the design of the hood and the edge of the Frunk I doubt that's where the leak is …… The most reported location of leaking is from the seal for the Battery access port ( large square thing on the back of the Frunk wall ) and or the covers for the fuses …… Mike