Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Picked up my spare relay

I haven't had one go bad yet but a few folks have so I picked up a spare to throw in the trunk from Autozone. This will work for all three relays.
    Duralast 19271 41-5100 relay

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Same model available at Advance Auto Parts fort $8, so it beats BRP Dealer's order and wait process.

Spyder Garage

I went to my friendly local NAPA store,same relay, same number, $28.95, the guy told me to check some wrecking yards, lots of the Toyotas and Honda use the same relay, and the yards will give them away. But I think I'll try AutoZone.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Relay

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I haven't had one go bad yet but a few folks have so I picked up a spare to throw in the trunk from Autozone. This will work for all three relays.
    Thats why you are the Man !!! turns out that was what is wrong with my Spyder ... the dealer told me my instrument cluster was going bad and they would have to replace it ... not only have you helped us (Spyder owners) save money but time as well ... Thanks for All you do !!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-19-2021 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I went to my friendly local NAPA store,same relay, same number, $28.95, the guy told me to check some wrecking yards, lots of the Toyotas and Honda use the same relay, and the yards will give them away. But I think I'll try AutoZone.
    Retread, you got robbed! The NAPA stores here (Clendenin, WV) sell them for $12.

You were *&^() without even a kiss!!

Spyder Garage

Actually, when I stopped laughing, I left it on the counter.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Help please!

Hi guys
    I have tried locally and no one can help me with a relay as a spare. Neither can I find a suitable relay on EBay and Autozone don't seem to allow anyone outside the USA to order online.
    I have not asked BRP here as a reversing cable just cost me $100 and the sports rack is nearly $800 so I guess they will want $50 or so for a relay.

Can anyone help me pick up a couple? If you have an PayPal account I can transfer the money easy enough. If they are still a reasonable price I may get 5or 6 so others in Australia can have a spare if they need one.

Spyder Garage

I'll do it. I sent out two SpyderLovers Tshirts to another aussie member here and the cost to ship was under $20. Shipping relays may be a bit higher as they'll have to go in a box and the Tshirts went in a padded envelope, which was cheaper. Let me know how many you are looking for so I can work on scrounging them up. When we tried to buy three for ourselves, we had to go to two different auto parts stores to get that many.

Spyder Garage

In an earlier post, I stated that a parts counter man told me the relays in Spyders are also used in many Toyotas and Hondas (cars), it might be worth it to take one in and cross reference it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I'll do it. I sent out two SpyderLovers Tshirts to another aussie member here and the cost to ship was under $20. Shipping relays may be a bit higher as they'll have to go in a box and the Tshirts went in a padded envelope, which was cheaper. Let me know how many you are looking for so I can work on scrounging them up. When we tried to buy three for ourselves, we had to go to two different auto parts stores to get that many.
    Thanks BJT. I am just checking a possible source of a Tyco relay here but I am not hopeful. Any idea what you paid for the 3 you scrounged? Will let you know how my Tyco enquiry pans out.. Again big thanks for the offer of help - really appreciated.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking they were $8 - $12, somewhere in that price range. My wife picked them up so I don't remember for sure what she said she paid for them. Anyways, if you want me to get some relays for you, send me a PM along with a post here to be sure I see it in a timely fashion.

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking they were $8 - $12, somewhere in that price range. My wife picked them up so I don't remember for sure what she said she paid for them. Anyways, if you want me to get some relays for you, send me a PM along with a post here to be sure I see it in a timely fashion.
    i paid $9.95 at the dealer
    HAPPY TRAILS SPYDEE PE#53

Spyder Garage

Default relays

I payed 14.00 for one here in mass, I got 2 and a fuzz box spares so i well have extra fusses and if someone neaded one I can help. if you nead one let me no call me 508-477-7187

Spyder Garage

$8.95 at Autozone... just picked up two.
    Vidi, Vici, Veni!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How does one know when there is a problem with the relay as opposed to some other cause of a malfunction?

It would be very useful to be able to quickly diagnose a relay problem and put in the spare and in the right position as well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikester View Post
    How does one know when there is a problem with the relay as opposed to some other cause of a malfunction?

It would be very useful to be able to quickly diagnose a relay problem and put in the spare and in the right position as well.
    If you change the relay and it works that was the problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If you change the relay and it works that was the problem.

In the posts I've read about relay problems, I don't recall a single one saying that "I had problem x, I traced it through circuit y and determined that relay z was bad." Depending on the problem, maybe you could start the troubleshooting by just removing and reseating the relays. If the problem persists try swapping the relays, one for the other, to see if the problem moves or changes. If it does, one of the relays is bad or flakey. If it doesn't, you either have two bad relays or the problem is elsewhere.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikester View Post
    My problem turned out to be a loose relay rather than a bad one. Now I have a spare.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When that relay goes bad, what happens (or does not happen) with the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

In my case, the Spyder stalled out at a light and then all sorts of error messages were displayed on the instrument cluster. I turned it off, pushed it off the road, waited a few minutes and then restarted it and rode back home.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, sounds like having a spare in the bike is a great idea!

Spyder Garage

GOT ONE AT AUTO FOR $8.00 THANKS FOR THE INFO LAMONT YOUR THE MANNNNNNNNNN
    SPYDRRR

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone know which one of the relays in the fuse box looks after the indicator/blinker flash?

Spyder Garage

Did you check out the Postal Service Priorty International Flat Rate box? Should be way less than $20 and you can put as much in it as possible as long as you do not change the box conformity. No weight limitations.
    Last edited by Dudley; 04-27-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up. We got it taken care of and I always ship the cheapest and best way possible. I can't remember exactly what the shipping cost but I know the price was right.