Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ambient temp gauge

is it me or is the ambient temp gauge on the 2013 not work correct i look at it the other day it was about 10 degrees off

Spyder Garage

Since 2010 this gauge is not working well.

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

you can get a add on temp for your actual temp reading where you are. Cause even the weatherman can't get it right...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

For the price BRP is asking for a Spyder, an accurate gauge is a must.

A temp sensor for the injection system and another one for the gauge, well positionate and accurate, will be the best for every one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    For the price BRP is asking for a Spyder, an accurate gauge is a must.

A temp sensor for the injection system and another one for the gauge, well positionate and accurate, will be the best for every one.
    Two devices would be nice but for now I'd rather have the engine getting the most accurate reading from under the tupperware to ensure it has the proper information as opposed to information showing air temp to be 5-10 degrees cooler.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine seems pretty accurate as long as I'm not sitting for long periods while running. Maybe they made some changes on the 14's

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Temp Gauge

Yea, thought it was just mine that was off. Mine has been off 8-10 degrees since day one. Maybe its a Canadian thing?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Yeah, it definitely a Canadian thing.
    Take two cities not that far apart like Niagra Falls, NY and Niagra Falls, Ontario.

Heck, it will be, say 40 degrees in Niagra Falls NY but the Canadians will be saying the temperature in Niagra Falls, Ontario is 3.
    Now I know Canada is a bit colder, but 37 Degrees in a space of only a mile or so stretches credulity.

I just think those Canadians can’t do temperatures.

We Canadians do just fine with temperatures thanks....... 40 Fahrenheit in Niagra Falls NY and 3 Celsius in Ontario is only 2 degrees F. difference. Some of us can do conversion and some of us cannot. Also depending on wind direction on the lake those two cities ( only a few miles apart ) could often have a difference as much as 15 F.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.

Spyder Garage

I understand that it is important for the motor to know the temp of the air it is eating. I just wish I could remove the irregularly accurate report of the air temp that I breathe. It would be nice to just take the temp off of the monitor--without using a piece of black tape to cover it.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    We Canadians do just fine with temperatures thanks....... 40 Fahrenheit in Niagra Falls NY and 3 Celsius in Ontario is only 2 degrees F. difference. Some of us can do conversion and some of us cannot. Also depending on wind direction on the lake those two cities ( only a few miles apart ) could often have a difference as much as 15 F.

Mr obvious didnt get the joke i think

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I understand that it is important for the motor to know the temp of the air it is eating. I just wish I could remove the irregularly accurate report of the air temp that I breathe. It would be nice to just take the temp off of the monitor--without using a piece of black tape to cover it.
    put your bike above 100mph and the temp gauge is accurate.

Spyder Garage

The ambient temperature gauges always seems to be about two degrees off other posted temps for me. I am speaking of all 's owned.

When going down the road with akspyderlady, the temps will also vary from to + or - 1 to 2 degrees. Occasionally, they are the same.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

So expect me to believe that hanging up in your igloos you actually have thermometers that read a different scale?
    Sorry, but in the words of the great American Philosopher Red Green, I just don’t buy it.
    I am sorry as well, I had a rain day here and thought I would spend a bit of time looking around Spyder Lovers. I probably should have just let your little Canadian jab about "Canadians cannot do temperatures" slide...... Oh yea, your " great American Philosopher Red Green" is Canadian. Born here in Canada. And I agree he is quite a philosopher.
    Steve Smith, Writer: The Red Green Show. Steve Smith was born on December 24, 1945 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is a writer and actor, known for The Red Green Show. He has a home at the base of the Niagra escarpment here in Ontario.

Just saying, and yes I got the joke.......... thought I would stir the pot a bit. Seems to have worked.
    And about the temperature gauge, I agree with you that yes BRP does not seem to be able to get it right, mine seems off by about 5 of our Celsius degrees most of the time.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.

Spyder Garage

The temp gauge on my 2010 and 2012 RTs worked as advertised here. The ambient temperature gauge on my 2014 (without the excess engine heat) registers within two degrees of any other outdoor thermometer. going forward we should see accuracy along with the increased comfort...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

The next thing you’ll be saying is that William Shatner is a Canadian, or the Guess Who or that sonar or the Canadarm were Canadian too.

Look I have it on good authority you have just completed the circuits so you can now make transcontinental telephone calls up there so let’s not get carried away.

Oh, William Shatner, I guess you can have him.

Don't forget Beiber.. him too!!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by erikkelly View Post
    put your bike above 100mph and the temp gauge is accurate.
    I can't drive that fast in the living room. The misses won't let me drive outside.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Don't forget Beiber.. him too!!
    You had to bring him up hey, just when we were trying to forget about him!!!
    2018 RT LTD , Black