Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default still young...ish

32, gave up on two wheels when my broken body didn't like to hold up my 900lbs touring bike. I wanted the Tri-Glide so bad, I rode an Ultra Classic two wheeler, took it for a test ride and it was great! On a whim, I stopped to look at the Spyder. they asked if I wanted to take it for a test ride, why not. I liked the HD, I loved the Spyder, told the dealer I wanted the yellow one and I would bring my Harley down the next day. The Power assist stearing and the VSS sold me, it's the best of all the trikes. It's hard making the 900+lbs Triglide turn at slow speeds with a jacked up shoulder. Now the wifey has a Spyder too!!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder and age

62 going on 7
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Just turned 30 a short 38 years ago.

Spyder Garage

If you want to know how old I am, you'll have to ask the Mrs cause I just don't care and stopped keeping track a long time ago.

I'm five years younger than her anyway

Spyder Garage

You are only as oil as you feel. That being the case I am 80, but my mine tells me I am 34. My drivers license lies and says I am 62.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Not because I'm Older

I just turned 59, but I bought my Spyder cause its cool and fun. I still ride my 1800 regularly as well and enjoy the 2 wheel feeling, but really enjoy the Spyder and my wife likes it much better as a passenger.

Age is in the eyes of the beholder. I thought my dad was an old man at 30.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

I am 32 and love riding my spyder!!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

25 here and trying to go to an RTS. Could I be the youngest to own an RTS?!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you
    I'm 48, got my Spyder when I was 47. On the other hand, my 12 year old daughter has told me repeatedly she wants my Spyder when she turns 16, (Which gives me four more years to pay it off and see what the 2018's look like.....)
    Last edited by PatGund; 05-14-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

I am 54 and hubby is now 55 and we are more like 30 somethings on our spyder.
    We bought our spyder 3 yrs ago today and love it and have never regretted buying it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    25 here and trying to go to an RTS. Could I be the youngest to own an RTS?!
    Yeah, I think you would.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you
    Hi 278,

And let us not forget that old adage: I may get older but I refuse to grow up.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you look that up on Wikipedia; it has my picture!

MAD-Magazine-Alfred-E-Neuman-Norman-Mingo.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A little older than my teeth !

Spyder Garage

When I bought my first Spyder (2008), I bought it because it was "leading edge" and "different." My other ride at the time was a Vulcan 2000cc LTD. It was starting to get a bit much for me to ride because it was so heavy, and at the time, my hip joint was deteriorating.

Times changed, and now I cannot support a two wheeler. The gives me the opportunity to still ryde and takes at least 30 years off my age every time I climb aboard.

I do believe that one reason the ownership seems to be on the "mature" side is cost. $17K for a basic and $30K for the loaded are tough for everyone to buy in to.

I am a happy 68 years old.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm in my late 50's lol. I'm like everyone else on here I buy and drive what I want. I don't keep to the norm. I didn't own a 57 chevy, never owed a mustang.
    I bet I've got just under 700,000 miles on two wheels. The Wife and I like this Spyder. It's puts a Big Smile on her face everytime we ride. That"s all I need. We hope to have many years on Spyders to come.
    The story been told. Your friends may laugh at you. Other bikers you pass may not wave back at you. It used to bother me, but that Smile is all I need.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nan won't get on a 2 wheeler. So I got the Spyder. I'm 67 & Nan is 57. & yes some say I robbed the cradle, I prefer to think they are jealous.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very well-played indeed!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am younger since I bought the Spyder....and I have proof of that!
    My physician said that my physiological age was 60 when I bought the Spyder.
    My last physical, taken in November of last year...the same tests, the same doc said my physiological age was 52.

WHOOPIE! The Spyder YOUTHENED ME! By 9 years!

(and my blood pressure went down, my blood sugar went down, my cholesterol went down, and my pulse went down--a lot)

So there you go THE SPYDER IS THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm 34. My wife is 23. We love to ride, and the Spyder is the safest way to do it. If only it didn't have so many issues plaguing it...

Spyder Garage

I think my age is starting to catch up with me. It took me 3 hours to type this.

Spyder Garage

Default 66

i'm 66, and what i saw at SPYD3RFEST this year, i'd say the average age of SPYD3R riders in between 60 & 65...

btw: i have a bad right hip, so i just can't hold up a large 2 wheeler anymore... however, had the
    SPYD3R come out 40 yrs ago, knowing what i know now, i would have had one back then....

and tell your buddies:
    "it's not what you ride, it's that you ride"....

cheer, and welcome aboard....

Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dadof4 View Post
    I think my age is starting to catch up with me. It took me 3 hours to type this.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am 46, and bought my Spyder because I thought it was one of the coolest looking things out there .... that I could afford

Spyder Garage

I know a 16 year old locally that has an RS. Personally I started riding two wheels when I was 48 and have been on my RTS for two and half years now. Wife went from her Goldwing to her RTS a year ago. Not telling her age cause I want to live a bit longer.