Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder's and Age

I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Everybody on this forum is still "young", at least in their thinking Chronologically may be another matter But to answer your question, I am 68

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride one because a bit of daily "Wind therapy", causes 30 years to just melt away...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's wrong with being old and awesome?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Chronologically 40...mentally, somewhere between 16 and 20 depending on the day.

We liked the Spyders because the are awesome and unique. If I wanted to be like everyone else I would get a Harley or a mustang...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Old enough to know better ...................immature enough to do it anyway.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Old enough to know better ...................immature enough to do it anyway.
    my thoughts exactly, and there is nothing wrong with being old and awesome!

Spyder Garage

I'm 48, and many of the people I've seen on Spyders are younger. The demographics of the forum seem to be higher than what I've experienced in terms of riders I've met.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    What's wrong with being old and awesome?
    Well, unlike you Prairie Spyder, I am just old, lol...

We have a lot of younger drivers on Spyders in our area and now that so many used ones are on the market I am sure there will be a lot more. I think there are more senior riders is more of a money thing than a safety/comfort thing. As the chicks leave the nest we have the money to spend on toys that we may not have had in our youth. This is why you see so many senior people driving the new generation muscle cars. Also, as we get older the wear and tear of many years of labor starts to show up in hips, backs and various joints that make riding a 2 wheel motorcycle uncomfortable or impossible at times.

For me it was about style and technology. In the 80s several big bore touring bikes were on the market that offered the style and tech. that drew crowds but later on the foreign manufactures started chasing the money which was in Harley manna bes. In the last 20 years I see V twins and HD knock offs everywhere and it appears that less is more in this case. Only the wing really moved in the direction that I was looking for.

Then came the Spyder line up and I was in love again, lol. The lines, the tech and the power curve came together and frankly, nothing else out there is on par in my opinion. When I bought my Yamaha Venture Royal in 83 I had people coming to me all the time to ask about it. After than all the other bikes I drove just blended into the crowd. I am not after the attention but the fact that people are drawn out of there shell to come talk to me about my RT says a lot.

Lastly, I am glad to be part of a group of riders that are hardworking, clean cut adults for the most part. Responsible people that pay their taxes, support their families and do not need to be radical in dress or mannerism to be secure in their own skin. Our "rides" are clean and pampered and do not annoy others by there loud pipes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She's not old... just awesome!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you
    Late 30's here... 'nuff said!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just turned 65 but still young

Spyder Garage

Default Age

To me age is only a number, it's how you feel. I am 65 going on 32, love my Spyder.

Spyder Garage

If you want quantification to your question how old people are who own spyders (and belong to this forum). Check out here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...w-old-are-you-)

My girlfriend and I are in our mid 30's also. I'm moderately handicapped so this is about my only choice for bike (ish) transportation and we've had fun with the spyder. It's a nice offseason distraction from my main hobby
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

About a year or two ago there was a survey done on this site regarding age. It would be interesting to do it again and compare the results. I would think there are many younger Spyder owners now. In one of the Gropes I ride with the majority are in the forty's and fifty's. at 68 I am one of the oldest. (I can still keep up!).

Spyder Garage

39. Bought the RS-S because I wanted something fun to play with. Really wanting a more performance oriented RS-S for 2015.

Spyder Garage

I am 26 and love my Spyder. I too catch a lot of crap from buddies but everyone of them loves to ride it every chance they get.

Spyder Garage

Default Well, I am 78 y.o. but

one reason for owners being older is not a lot of younger folk will spend the money required to buy a Spyder. When we, My wife and I, got our first BMW, we were among the very youngest due to the cost.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Wife and I are in our mid-30s and love the ryde.

Spyder Garage

I am 44 and new to motorcycling. I saw the Spyder as a safer way to enjoy the open road. I've have been nothing but blown away with my experience thus far.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm 27. I grew up with a good healthy fear of motorcycles after having lots of family friends die, get nasty scars or missing half their skull and disabled for life...
    I got on my first two wheeled motorcycle two years ago. It was a 09 cbr 1000 my boyfriend had and we made it maybe 100 ft before he told me to get off bc i couldn't stop trying to put my foot on my ground.

Five weeks ago he bought me a spyder so I can go riding with him and the boys and I can still feel comfortable.

I definitely get a lot of people making fun of me. But I love my spyder and they can suck on my exhaust for all I care. I'm having fun and doing it on my terms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

if they had had the roadster when I was young I would have been on it in a heartbeat. This platform does allow for a lot of other demographics to enjoy the open road. It's an image thing..handicaps and metermaid rode trikes and the only motorcycle in the world was a Harley. Times change and there are those that will fight change till the day....they need it.... I believe they really hate the fact that they can't get away from the old folks even on the open road...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder's and Age

Well I'm 22 and have my spyder.......sorry 22 32 years ago but who is counting... not me..

Spyder Garage

what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is
    Strange, my brother asked me the same thing at Spyderfest, My immediate reply was "57 give or take 3 years", that's probably no correct, its probably lower. We also made a guess about weight but we won't discuss that as I help raise that average.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    Strange, my brother asked me the same thing at Spyderfest, My immediate reply was "57 give or take 3 years", that's probably no correct, its probably lower. We also made a guess about weight but we won't discuss that as I help raise that average.
    I think a spyder lover weight loss challenge is in order from the videos I've seen of the events
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES