Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

59 this year, ride a spyder because New Zealand is an awesome country to ride a bike and all I needed was my car license, was looking for a Harley/Wing trike, but liked the modern look of the spyder as soon as I saw it.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

I'm 33, I tried the 2 wheels...within the first 5 min of owning one, yeah I dropped it. scared the crap outta me....then dropped the damn thing 3 more times (I was never riding it tho, just trying to get it out of my driveway! ha!). Needless to say I never got back on 2 wheels again. Can't drop a 3 wheeler!
    2013 Silver RS SE5
    Mods: 23 in windshield, Zumo 660 and mount, 2go cup holder, BRP comfort seat, throttle lock, alignment, RS-ST handlebar swap
    2700 miles and loving every minute!

Spyder Garage

I just turned 59 in March and the hubby (Tobor 9) turned 60 May 4th. We have had our bikes since March 2011 (mine) and July 2011 (his).
    10312127_10201903792143936_586228909_n.jpg
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I am younger since I bought the Spyder....and I have proof of that!
    My physician said that my physiological age was 60 when I bought the Spyder.
    My last physical, taken in November of last year...the same tests, the same doc said my physiological age was 52.

WHOOPIE! The Spyder YOUTHENED ME! By 9 years!

(and my blood pressure went down, my blood sugar went down, my cholesterol went down, and my pulse went down--a lot)

So there you go THE SPYDER IS THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!
    Hey Dan, maybe you better slow down with that Spyder bizniz... or else in not too many years you'll end up back in Pampers again!

Do they make a Spydee-Dydee seat for ryders in Pampers?
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    Hey Dan, maybe you better slow down with that Spyder bizniz... or else in not too many years you'll end up back in Pampers again!

Do they make a Spydee-Dydee seat for ryders in Pampers?
    LOL!!!
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

2nd year Spyder Ryder, 50 yrs
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

I'm 47, but my body is knackered due to tetraplegia (quadriplegia in American), so my 94 year old grandfather is fitter than me! I'd be back on a two wheeler in a heartbeat if I could, but it'd be a Buell not a Harley!

Spyder Garage

Default 61 and not Spyderized Yet

I'm on here a lot but I'm not actually on a Spyder yet. At age 61 I'm having some chronic back & knee problems that have me seriously considering going to 3 wheels. I have been reading and taking in all I can learn about the Can Am Spyders on this forum. I have also been doing my homework, comparing the various trike conversions & Harley Tri Glides with the Spyder RT models. The Spyder RT (all 3 versions of the 2014) wins in terms of pricing, handling and safety features. The 2014 RT models also show significant improvement over the earlier versions. My current ride, a 2012 Victory Cross Country isn't paid-off yet, so it's possible that I might be looking at a 2015 RT or maybe a left-over 2014 if any are left to be had. I guess you could say that I'm a seriously interested Lurker here.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm 48 RTS

Spyder Garage

Early 30s.... I am the only spyder in my riding group of Harley, BMW, FJR. And I smoke most of them on the spyder. They make fun of me me but not a big deal. Everyone had a choice in what they ride based on their likes and check book.
    I have a v-star in the garage....and pick the spyder over it all the time.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Windsor Locks, CT & Garden City South, NY
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho View Post
    I'm 33, I tried the 2 wheels...within the first 5 min of owning one, yeah I dropped it. scared the crap outta me....then dropped the damn thing 3 more times (I was never riding it tho, just trying to get it out of my driveway! ha!). Needless to say I never got back on 2 wheels again. Can't drop a 3 wheeler!
    I'm 45 and my better half is 43. After being off of two wheels for 20 years I decided to get back on for commuting. Many days I have a 100 mile one way drive. Went to test ride a Victory CCT. As soon as I sat on it, took the full weight and looked at the Long Island traffic I was about to pull out into I shut it down and said oh heck no! I then climbed on a Spyder and I was told I had an ear to ear grin from the moment I rolled away from the dealership till I got back. I thought I was gone for ten minutes but was told 35 had passed. I loved every second of it! I was hooked!

Spyder Garage

I'm 72, been riding since I was 12, got my first Spyder in '08. I've never been able to take a short ryde on either of my Spyders, a run to the store can take 4 hours. But one of the best things about the Spyder is the community of owners, good people, good rydes.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Riding ANY bike is like getting a free face-lift! Dogs know why we ride motorcycles.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Age is a number.... yea right

Well I guess I am almost a fossil, at 72 been riding since I was 14 and
    don't plan to stop any time soon, I still ride 2 wheels, I have an ST1300
    and my Spyder.
    Just my opinion on the posters comment about the Spyder being easier
    to handle I must disagree my ST will run rings around any Spyder any day
    but...... the good part is you don't have to worry about it falling over on ya..
    I like mine plenty and my wife seems to like it as well so it's a win-win situation
    Ride safe everyone
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Default AGE???

Age is a "Mind over Matter" situation. If you don't MIND, It don't MATTER!!! My wife is 56 and had never been on a motorcycle at any time in her life. I am 52 and hadn't been on a bike in over 25 years. About four years ago, I started looking into the Spyder. My wife never showed any interest. I simply explained to her "To get a real appreciation for the Spyder, you really have to see one up close." We went to one of our local dealers about two years ago, and she fell in love with the Spyder on first sight. We picked the 2012 RTS, and have not regretted a single mile!!!!! We're realitively young, compared to some of the "seasoned" ryders on this forum. So we have a lot of catching up to do!!!!
    "KEEP CALM and SPYDER ON"
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

66 this year. A gentleman came up to me at a gas station and said "you won't be able to tip that over". So when you ride a spyder you meet very interesting people.

Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    66 this year. A gentleman came up to me at a gas station and said "you won't be able to tip that over". So when you ride a spyder you meet very interesting people.

Gary
    I had that said to me also...
    "Gee... I was never able to tip any of the others over either!", was my reply!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by DrewNJ; 02-02-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    . . . But one of the best things about the Spyder is the community of owners, good people, good rydes.

john
    That's a big factor in my decision to stay with Spyder. Ya'll are the best!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

38 and on my second spyder.

Spyder Garage

Jake and I are 31, we've owned our spyder since we were 28. We both love our Spyder - Jake also owns a Harley he rides more often due to the Spyder being a bike we bought for "us" and not wanting to out tins of committing miles on the more expensive bike. The Spyder has basically become mine - I love it. When we first bought I didn't think I'd want to drive at all - that quickly changed and led to the purchase of the Harley. So now when we go out and I feel like driving we each have our own bike, but if I feel like being close to Jake we take the Spyder with me as the passenger.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Am 42 had a few bikes when I was younger but passed my driving test when I was 17 and never bothered with the bike test.Had a few off road bike then got into road legal quads when I turned 40,great fun but not fast enough or good for taking the other half out so sold my Raptor and bought my GS in Febuary and put just over 2000 miles on it already... Love it and so does the other half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....................SCOTLAND...................... ...
    ...............08 GS...................

Spyder Garage

Default not to old yet

I will turn 74 sunday my last bike was a 99 busa with I drag race at atco,now I have the 2014 rss spyder I love it,it is different than a 2 wheel motorcycle but am am having fun learning how to ride it,
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

65 RT Ltd

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

I'm 81 been on 2 wheels since 1945 but my Valkyrie just got plain too heavy for me to lift so got one I don't have to lift. Best thing I done in a long time. Loads of fun. And yes I do my own oil changes. Also installed new plugs and wires got from Baja Ron. It just takes me longer is all. But I seem to have an abundance of time. Enjoy