Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good on ya MrBones I hope am still riding at your age that's amazing and still doing your own maintenance SUPERB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ....................SCOTLAND...................... ...
    ...............08 GS...................

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love my spyder. I am over 50....the youth of old age. Does that count

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have gotten thumbs up from bentley's, audi r8, ferrari's & while in manhattan this past sunday many people came up to take pictures. I don't see other bikes having this happen except those that are modded out.
    I bought my rt-s because i wanted an extremely safe bike that i can go on day trips or vacation with, in
    my spyder i got what i wanted. The fact that kids don't own them could be they cost a lot more then they
    can afford. An rt-s limited is priced around the same as an indian which my dealer also carries now, you don't get 25 year olds buying these bikes.
    P.S. my wife & i are both 46.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

62 and RTS 2014. Rode 2 wheels for 40+years... will not go back...

Spyder Garage

51 and never ridden a motorcycle until now.

Trb-

Spyder Garage

Default Git-R-Done

Hello everyone, Midnightbreeze here,Just want to put my 2 cents worth in, LOL, I'm 16 Trapped in a 59 year old body, I think of my self as middle aged, I dont let,any grass grow under my Spyder, I still play Rock and Roll, AC DC , ZZ TOP, ,,,, I did look at the Spyder origionaly, because I had dropped my wing a few times, I have balance issues, but ever since I've brought my Spyder , back last year, I loved it, and I have not dropped it yet LOL, it is a fun Machine, my wife even rides with me now, and my son who is 23 thinks its COOL to, You dont have to be old or young to ENJOY a Spyder, just willing to head her into the wind!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all be careful and remember to put your feet down ha ha ha LOL LOL

Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

Age 61, body feels like 80, mind is 16 again every time I swing my leg over the seat. can no longer hold up 2 wheeler. 34 year old son thinks the Spyder is cool. His wife wants to ride it, but I'm not confident enough yet. 38 year old son thinks it's stupid (Hard core 2 wheeler) May have to dis-own him.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

Default 59 and holding

Just bought first spyder 2 months ago.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    If you want quantification to your question how old people are who own spyders (and belong to this forum). Check out here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...w-old-are-you-)

My girlfriend and I are in our mid 30's also. I'm moderately handicapped so this is about my only choice for bike (ish) transportation and we've had fun with the spyder. It's a nice offseason distraction from my main hobby

Here is a more recent poll on age:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...highlight=Poll

If you haven't done the poll...go to this link and take the poll. Only 221 people have voted and there is a lot more on Spyderlovers than that! LOL
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

I am 63 and have been street riding since I was 17. Bought my RT new in March 2012; traded in my Yamaha V-Star 1300T for it. In the past I've also had a Kawasaki PE-125, Yamaha RD-400, Yamaha XS-500, Suzuki GT-750, Royal Enfield Bullet Military, and Suzuki Boulevard M-50, among others.

I looked at the Tri-Glide, Goldwing trike, and Lehman Victory trikes before I bought the RT.

I love to ride and the Spyder lets me keep riding.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

42 years here

First bike for the street that I've owned but road 2 wheels belonging to other people for little while . Much more comfortable on my spyder and think that's the key.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Chronologically 40...mentally, somewhere between 16 and 20 depending on the day.

We liked the Spyders because the are awesome and unique. If I wanted to be like everyone else I would get a Harley or a mustang...
    Amen. Years of spending thousands on Harleys and thousands more on "custom" chrome to go to a poker run and lose my bike in a sea of similarity lost its flavor

Spyder Garage

Im 44 never had much experience on two wheels (dirt bikes) I have a condition that affects my balance and leg strength so a SpYdeR is the ticket!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have ridden motorcycles all my life, only one Harley, which I gave away many years ago. I had big road bikes until I moved to the high desert..on a dirt road, which my Yamaha Roadstar did not like. Sold it and bought a dual sport, a Kawasaki KLR 650, which I liked a lot after putting a Corbin didhed seat on it as well as several other "farkles". Traded the KLR last September for a 2009 Spyder GS SM5. After a total engine rebuild, and other improvements, including a BajaRon swaybar...I love the Spyder!!! I am 73 yrs young....feel very young riding my bike, as does my 78 yr old brother, on his 2012 RT Limited....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Red face 71 and still counting and riding....

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you
    Love my Spyder, rode 2 wheelers all my life, fell in love with my rig a year ago January. Will never go back to 2-wheels. Varoooom! Ryde safe and often.
    Chase the wind every chance you get.....! 2013 Circuit Yellow RT-SE5
    Mods: Bump Skid, foam grips; Tric-LED 3rd & 4th tail lights, Mirror turn signals, & front fender lights; CB, Shortee CB & Radio Antennas, NBV Highway Pegs, USA & CA flags on Rivco flag mounts, Black widow frunk logo, Utopia Driver backrest, Sheepskin Driver Seat pad, running & brake light license frame, Chrome Luggage Rack, Ram mount on dashboard for iPad Mini for GPS, Race Tech shocks all around.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm 50

I'm 50 but work as a service engineer. My bike keeps me young. When I come back from a job the first thing on my mind is riding. I also like to stand out and be different. I get more comments and looks on my spyder then I ever did on my Harley. Loved my Harley too but it just don't compare.

Spyder Garage

I understand that a lot of people who are older switch to a spider because it is easier for them to ride. My question is how many younger people buy them because they are awesome? My wife and I are in our early 30's and we seem to be about the youngest ones around here. I catch tons of crap from my buddies still on 2 wheels calling me old and what not..lol TRUST ME I don't mind, I love my spyder but it got me wondering...what do you guys think the average age of a spyder rider is and for you young folks, how young are you
    My suggestion is to attend Spyderfest this year in Springfield. thinking back of last year in Springfield, I would think the majority of Spyder owners are 30ish and up - a lot in their 50's and 60's. I would think available cash would be the primary reason for the bit older crowd?? Just my thoughts.
    THE BIG F

Spyder Garage

Mid to upper 60's

Bought my first Spyder (2012 RT Ltd) in March of 2012, had a few street bikes in my life but not many. Went to Spyderfest in 2013 and Len at Pitbull traded me out of it into a 2013 RT Basic, went to Spyderfest in 2014 and Len traded me out of it for a 2014 RT-S (Gotta stay away from Len ), 22,000 miles on my 2014 in less than one year, wow what a machine.

When i first started riding with a group of locals that had several different types of bikes, they asked me if i was sure i could keep up, that question has been answered long ago. Only problem I have with them now is that my Spyder gets more attention than their bikes.

Enjoy this world while you can.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Cool

Going on 65 ,and loving every minute of it

Spyder Garage

I am 43 and love my spyder, had many bikes that my wife wouldnt even look at and now she is glued to the backseat when its warm out, also my neighbor and his wife have 2 and they are 45ish, according to him

Spyder Garage

Will be 77 this year. Unseasonally cold winter and lack of snow so no snowmobiling, Loaded up Spider yesterday and as soon as my new passports arrive will be off to southern Arizona. Hope to meet some Spyders down south.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

57 yrs YOUNG

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default young un

I'm 43 and i like my Spyder way better than the Honda Shadow i use to ride. Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the Honda. It was a good and reliable bike, but it was a 750 and i wanted to upgrade. I upgraded in a big way, went from 2 to 3 wheels, bigger bike and bigger engine. Wifey would never get on the Honda, but love getting on the Spyder. I don't regret it for a second. I like the Spyder because it's different and you get a lot of stares from, well everybody.

Spyder Garage

Hi R FUN

Re: will be off to southern Arizona. Hope to meet some Spyders down south.

Where will you be in Arizona? I am going to be in Yuma for a few days at the end of this month.

Last year I saw a guy in a restaurant with a t-shirt that said 'Yuma Canada's Most Southern City.'

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5