Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn Gran Tour Travel Bag

I seldom carry a passenger and in the past I always had a large strap down luggage unit for coats in and what not. On the 2014 it will no longer work as the back seat seams to be shorter or its just the non adjustable back rest from BRP. I just bought this bag and it fits great and is big enough to put my full face helmet in easily. it has D rings down low so the straps work great by passing through the passenger handle and it comes with a cable lock for extra security. This frees up my frunk for shopping bags when I do a Honey-Do run for her

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/k...our-travel-bag

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome..!!

that looks like it will fill the bill for you. Looks like a great piece of luggage. I have a couple of their bags and love them. Well made durable and all come with a rain cover though they have never leaked....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Well gonna find out soon, my Reno trip starts on the 24th

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Well gonna find out soon, my Reno trip starts on the 24th
    Looks good. I picked up a set of bestem side bags directly from company. Supper fast shipping
    http://www.bestemusa.com/search.asp?...&page=2&catid=

Spyder Garage

I've had the same bag for several years now. I love it. It straps down on the back seat perfectly and hold tons of stuff. Great purchase!!
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Spyder Garage

Default Bestem side bags?

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Looks good. I picked up a set of bestem side bags directly from company. Supper fast shipping
    http://www.bestemusa.com/search.asp?...&page=2&catid=
    How have those Bestem bags worked for you? The photos on ebay make it look as though they're sized differently left to right to accommodate the size differences in saddlebags.
    Regards, Patrick

Spyder Garage

I was also wondering about the size differences for left and right sides. Haven’ noticed a reply. Did you find out? I have a 2020 Spyder RT Limited. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tiffcon View Post
    I was also wondering about the size differences for left and right sides. Haven’ noticed a reply. Did you find out? I have a 2020 Spyder RT Limited. Thanks
    It always pays to check the date on the original post in any thread AND the date on the most recent posts in said thread before you post up a question &/or response tiffcon - I sorta doubt you'll get a 'reply' that applies specificaly/directly to any of the earlier posts in this thread, seeing as how they all were made back in 2014....

That said, these Kuryakyn bags are still around & quite popular, so with any luck, you might get some more up to date info from someone here!

Cheers
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I was just looking at this same thing and curious about what the OP actually had since the "Gran Tour Travel Bag" no longer shows up on that link. Then I noted the dates; darnitall! I was hoping to see how he had used said bag, what it looked like etc. as I scored a pretty nice Kuryakyn travel bag at a garage sale a couple of years ago but have yet to use it on either a bike or the Spyder. Mine measures 16"H x 16"W x 14" Front to back; has four outer pockets (2 on each side) opens fully on each end and has a center flap that opens about half the width. Seeing how others pack these things is always a big help when trying one for the first time. Maybe the OP is still here and will share some knowledge with us.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

I saw several pre-owned K. Gran Tour Bags for sale on E-bay - just yesterday.
    It's a nice bag.
    I also like the Saddlemen BR1800 which I carried on the back seat of my Gold Wing but it would not hold a helmet. But sorry I let that one go.
    The Saddlemen BR3400 or BR4100 I think they say will hold a full face helmet.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a collection of Hellen two Wheels Bags, probably the best out there
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L