Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arachnid Tires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The price for the Arachned tire at my dealer is about $175. Compared to $75 for my General Altimax.

Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid Tires - from Spyder Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Anyone found any specs on the new Arachnid tires? Clicked on the pic of the Spyder on the Vee Rubber website and was shown typical motorcycle tires. Searched their website for the VTR-350 tire and got "nothing found". The Canadian dealer website doesn't provide and specs on this tire, nor does the ROLO/Outlaw (SpyderComfort) site. I do understand it is a 3 ply tire vs. 2 ply on the OEM Kenda, but that's all I know about it other than it's manufactured in Thailand "especially" for the Spyder. Also so would like to hear from any/all Spyder owners running the Arachnid rear tire, especially if you have more than a few thousand miles on it. Just wondering if it will wear any better than the Kenda.
    Got 6146 miles on my 14 RT-L and will be needing a new rear tire soon. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Here is the link to the primary distributor's website: http://www.spydercomfort.com/tires.htm

The specifications are shown on this page. ALSO .... read the fine print v-e-r-y carefully. There are sellers on eBay and elsewhere who are trying to sell the OLD tires. The OLD tires were not very good. The NEW tires ... #V35003 is the new front 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H and are $75 EACH and #V35004 is new "touring" rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H and are $148 EACH ....
    are much, much better.

When I was purchasing my REAR tire I spoke personally to Norm Robinson. Very personable, and shipping was a breeze.

I'm currently running a REAR Arachnid on my 2014 ST Limited and it is holding up very well.
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018Y0W8KM/ref=pd

I guess there is a new 4th series of this tire as noted by the Amazon listing showing 004 on the end. I think it has a stiffer sidewall than the earlier series. I have a friend mounting them, so I will know more about the riding and wear characteristics next season.
    Last edited by PapaHotel; 09-25-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Tread Life

Coming up on 8K miles on original Kendra's. Still have plenty of tread for 1500 miles or so. Looking to go with the Arachnid's. Anyone put them on yet and how do you like them.

Spyder Garage

Default Tires

[QUOTE=MurrayBrown;1289092]Here is the link to the primary distributor's website: http://www.spydercomfort.com/tires.htm

The specifications are shown on this page. ALSO .... read the fine print v-e-r-y carefully. There are sellers on eBay and elsewhere who are trying to sell the OLD tires. The OLD tires were not very good. The NEW tires ... #V35003 is the new front 165/55 R15 the new front is rated 55H and are $75 EACH and #V35004 is new "touring" rear for the 1330 225/50 R15 the new rear is rated 80 H and are $148 EACH ....
    are much, much better.

When I was purchasing my REAR tire I spoke personally to Norm Robinson. Very personable, and shipping was a breeze.

I'm currently running a REAR Arachnid on my 2014 ST Limited and it is holding up very well.
    [I went to this link and all I saw was a biography for each guy. I want to order these 3 tires, what is the site to order them./QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

The Arachnid is possibly the only tire in existence WORSE than the Kenda. Just utter crap quality.

We have removed a large number of them and replaced with quality tires and fixed all sorts of ailments. Just say no to crap copies of bad chinese tires.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Just had my local dealer put this tire on that I got from Mike at Spyder Comfort. Yesterday on the way home it was a very bad down poor rain and it handled very well. Today I may another 30 mile trip to get new front tires warrantied by BRP. I am having a problem with major vibrations but the new tires didn't fix the problem

Here is the picture of the Arachnid rear tire from my 2014 RTS.

Rear View:

Side View:

Take the front tires to a car tire place like Goodyear and get them balanced I went through the same problem on my 2012 and even after tires were replaced could not get the vibrations to stop, took the tires off the Spyder(you have to do that) went to Goodyear ....no more vibrations as smooth as glass.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Arachnid tire

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRider View Post
    Coming up on 8K miles on original Kendra's. Still have plenty of tread for 1500 miles or so. Looking to go with the Arachnid's. Anyone put them on yet and how do you like them.
    To answer your question #1., maybe , just maybe you should start reading at the beginning of this Thread ......#2., my Michelin has over 35,000 miles on it and it's not worn out yet ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

Default My New Arachnids

I just ordered new Archnid tires for the front and rear. I have about 2500 more miles left on the stock Kendra's, before I will have them put on at 1o,500 miles (if needed). About $46 for the fronts and $104 for the rear. Ordered from Cedar Rapids Tire Co......Vee Rubber, VTR35003 (fronts) and VTR 35004 (rear). I think I will be very happy with them.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder tire

I SpyderMen all

Here in Canada there are some who install Toyo tires they are great and give a good mileage and good handling.

When my Kenda will be worn I will install Toyo proxes4

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Different Manufactures

I am supprised that some folks are mixing tire brands. I was under the impression that mixing brands wil give you handleing problems due to different tread patterns, at least on cars that is the case, or am I wrong. Great site last of good information. Hoping the own a spyder some day.

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I jlc

I checked the tread pattern Kenda and the Arachnid to copy the same treading, my Kenda of origin 10000k. I have to replace it, I buy an Arachnid that is similar to the Kenda.
    When I go to change the three pulls I will install Toyo tire
    FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default MIXING

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    I am supprised that some folks are mixing tire brands. I was under the impression that mixing brands wil give you handleing problems due to different tread patterns, at least on cars that is the case, or am I wrong. Great site last of good information. Hoping the own a spyder some day.

Joe
    WRONG ...as long as they are on the same AXEL, unless you are Racing professionally it won't matter ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Arachnids are junk, don’t waste your money on one.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default mixed tires

Mike, So you are saying that as long as the tires on the front match it don't matter whats on the rear??

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Tire matching

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Mike, So you are saying that as long as the tires on the front match it don't matter whats on the rear??

Joe
    As this applies to Spyders ( and all other vehicles ) this is correct....cars have two axels with tires on each side, the computer systems will make adjustments based on what's on each axel ..... To ask / expect them to adjust side to side is a lot. I'm sure their are vehicles in the plus $200,00 range that are much more sophisticated, but this is the exception rather than the rule. Computer controlled stability today is mind boggling at what they have achieved..... imho .......hope this helps ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default ARACHNIDS

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Arachnids are junk, don’t waste your money on one.
    ......... Considering what's available in the Auto tire market, why buy something that's so inferior ( at possibly higher cost ? ) UNLESS you have no choice !!!! ..... But then I would buy the Kenda's , they are slightly better than the Arachnids ( but not by much ) .............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Arachnjd tires are crap.....

Replaced my Kenda with
    Arachnjd and found them to be just as bad..... Had to replace it in a little of 6000 miles..... Changed to car tires and I am much happier, plus auto tires are less expensive...… The tires in the picture are Kendas, that was before I switched to auto tires...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    http://www.veerubber.co.th/2013/?p=2...cat=motorcycle.. VTR-350-R (rear) VTR-350-F (front)....
    Looked up the website and on the description of the tires it said...

* Specially designed for wet and dry environment

Is there any other kind?

Spyder Garage

Checked their website and on it it said...

* Specially designed for wet and dry environment

Is there any other kind?