Spyder Garage

Default 2014 ST Limited Feedback please ;)

I have a 2010 RS SE5, test drove the ST Limited at SpyderFest and liked it. Wondering if the airvents that they have put in help with the heat on the feet. (Poet and didn't know it) The weather at SpyderFest was cold when I did the test drive. Do floorboards make it seem hotter than the pegs since you wouldn't get as much airflow, or do they block the heat? Can hi-way pegs be put on the 2014? The bike didn't seem to have the get up and go that my 2010 has - my imagination? I realize it weighs more with the saddlebags - just didn't think there would be that much difference. Wow, guess I had more questions than I thought! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

SpyderDeb a.k.a. Burnout Queen
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Deb on the way home from Spyderfest it was 80* and on my 13 I had no trouble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

the floorboards do make it hotter on the right foot...spyderpops has a fix for that..
    The vents do help cooling engine compartment but not the foot..
    You can add highway bar/pegs..
    And it is heavier and has less horsepower..I think 100 to your 106...
    But you get all the other benefits...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Weight

The saddle bags are easy to remove to save some weight when not in use.
    Removal of the stock exhaust for a TBR carbon canister will save another 9kg in weight.
    Yes your right foot will get very hot and on a 2013 you can cook bacon and eggs on the dash area when you park up after a ride. Hopefully the new panels on the 2014 may have solved this problem.
    Last edited by NZSpyderRyder; 05-12-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 St Feedback

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Much appreciated!!!!! This forum is awesome!!!!

SpyderDeb
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Spyder Garage

Deb, I have 7,500 miles on my 2014 ST-L, in Florida, and to and from SpyderFest. I do ware boots, but I feel no heat on the feet. In extended stop and go the left tupperware gets warm just above the boot, but it is not a problem. I can not comment about "get up and go" compared to your Spyder, but I am VERY happy with mine.
    Roger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    the floorboards do make it hotter on the right foot...spyderpops has a fix for that..
    The vents do help cooling engine compartment but not the foot..
    You can add highway bar/pegs..
    And it is heavier and has less horsepower..I think 100 to your 106...
    But you get all the other benefits...
    Chupaca - went to spyderpops page - wondering what you meant by fix - changing out the floorboards? Maybe I'm missing something
    Thanks! Deb
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Deb, I have 7,500 miles on my 2014 ST-L, in Florida, and to and from SpyderFest. I do ware boots, but I feel no heat on the feet. In extended stop and go the left tupperware gets warm just above the boot, but it is not a problem. I can not comment about "get up and go" compared to your Spyder, but I am VERY happy with mine.
    Roger
    Thanks Roger for the feedback. I also wear boots . Found that the Justin-Star or Ariat-Fatbabies brand are cooler because the top part of the boot is wider, therefore getting more airflow - just FYI . Having said that, don't know if they make a mens boot like it.
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

No it's not your imagination, they are a little sluggish compared to your 2010. I really enjoy my ST SM5 but if I could change a couple of things, it would be to go back to the 106hp and get rid of the Fly By Wire Throttle. I rode my partners 2011RSS the other day to get it serviced and enjoyed the more brisk throttle response, but not so keen on riding position compared to ST
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    No it's not your imagination, they are a little sluggish compared to your 2010. I really enjoy my ST SM5 but if I could change a couple of things, it would be to go back to the 106hp and get rid of the Fly By Wire Throttle. I rode my partners 2011RSS the other day to get it serviced and enjoyed the more brisk throttle response, but not so keen on riding position compared to ST
    Thanks for the feedback Colin!
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDeb View Post
    Chupaca - went to spyderpops page - wondering what you meant by fix - changing out the floorboards? Maybe I'm missing something
    Thanks! Deb
    I'm pretty sure the fix is for the RT not the RS. I have a 2013 ST-L with the new 2014 Air Flow Panels. My heat problem is gone. Love my floor boards and just got LaMonts HWY Pegs of SpyderPops ... Awesome
    Last edited by JacqueTanis; 05-15-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No heat at all

My first Spyder is a 2014 ST Limited and I've had no issues with heat anywhere; right foot, under the seat, just no heat at all. I wear full gear and live in NH so our hot days, err day, was 85. My commute is about 70 miles each way.

The dealer told me that the 2014 fans blow backward at low speed so any hot air is pushed forward.

So far, lovin' the ride.