Spyder Garage

Smile My custom RT Highway peg setup, inexpensive and works well.

I found a solution to stretch my legs and it's very comfortable and inexpensive. I took a round metal tube (machined the inside to a smaller diameter to accept my bolt better) and bolted it as shown and put a chair leg bottom on it to make it look better. Works well and cost less then $100 (had custom machined) and bought the parts at Lowe's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done..!!

question is what is it bolted to. Looks great from the outside but does it go through and bolt to a solid mount..?? Congrats..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    question is what is it bolted to. Looks great from the outside but does it go through and bolt to a solid mount..?? Congrats..
    My dealer drilled a hole in the top corner of the Can Am chrome piece and bolted this in. It is very solid but I never looked on the inside of the shield. Make sure you drill the hole in the upper corner (the widest part) on the emblem so it holds your leg well.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It looks nice and tidy, seems to work for you, and I don't know what year bike you're dealing with, but if I remember correctly on my 2014, that piece of plastic is only held on by 3 rubber grommets. I personally would be worried about popping that off if I put too much pressure on it

Spyder Garage

my guess is that they did some kind if fish plate behind the unit to spread the weight of your foot around, now having loss a side panel due to wind and the air vent i had on it makes me wonder if your foot pressure could cause the lower panel to come out of the grommets also if you hit a bump what about your foot slipping off of it, i have a very big and wide foot so that would worry me. i think the location is a great place for stretching out and if it works for you i am happy you found a good thing
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    It looks nice and tidy, seems to work for you, and I don't know what year bike you're dealing with, but if I remember correctly on my 2014, that piece of plastic is only held on by 3 rubber grommets. I personally would be worried about popping that off if I put too much pressure on it
    My bike is a 2014 and I have them on for 1000 miles so far with no issues what-so-ever. They are really sturdy and my foot does not want to fall off at all. If you put you leg on the chrome name plate you will see how it feels but the name plate is not quite wide enough to hold your leg on..it want to keep sliding off. This little modification keeps your leg from wanting to slide off.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    My bike is a 2014 and I have them on for 1000 miles so far with no issues what-so-ever. They are really sturdy and my foot does not want to fall off at all. If you put you leg on the chrome name plate you will see how it feels but the name plate is not quite wide enough to hold your leg on..it want to keep sliding off. This little modification keeps your leg from wanting to slide off.
    Kool, I'll take a look at that

Spyder Garage

Default My highway peg set-up has worked well for over 10,000 miles and I use them allot

I love this highway peg set-up. I have a 14 RT Ltd with over 10,000 miles on it and put these pegs on before I picked the bike up.
    I use them allot and have had zero problems. Cost me about $75.00 to make.