Spyder Garage

Default Defenders LEMC Bike Night at Quaker Steak

The wife (FiFi) and I are putting together a bike night at Quaker Steak on June 27th for our Club. It is a pre National Rally fundraiser. Almost all of the proceeds from this event and the Rally will be divided between the Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches and the National Law Enforcement Memorial in Wash DC. She hasn't been able to attend any Spyder events as we're super busy with the Rally and other things. So she's inviting all Spyder owners and everyone else to come to the bike night. This will be similar to Quaker Steak's Wednesday night bike night. Live music, raffle prizes, a 50/50 and a flat screen tv raffle. May even be a few other surprises we're working on. Please spread the word and come if you can. And don't forget, you have to bring in the flyer so we get the 15% donated to our group. Bring extras if you plan on consuming beverages at the bar afterwards.

DefendersNatRally (1).jpg
    Last edited by FiFi; 05-12-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lauren and I will be there!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Howdy, Name is Blindboy. My wife and I Have lived in New Port Richey for 2 years now. I just traded my 2010 for a 14. Love it. Have only met one other owner, and he wasn't the most friendly person. Anyway I really don't know anything about Tampa or St. Pete. Just the Rays stadium. So where is this Quaker Steak? Easy to get to? Any info will be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Very easy to get to. New Pt Richey is probably about 40 minutes away. The place is huge and has a service station theme. There's race cars and motorcycles and various parts hanging from the ceiling and on the walls. If you can make your way to McMullen Booth Rd, just go south over the Bayside Bridge, continue south and that road becomes 49th st which takes you right to Quaker Steak. Or you can take US 19 all the way south to Ulmerton Rd, east to 49th st then south to Quaker Steak.

Spyder Garage

Time for a bump since we're only 3 weeks away. Have lots of awesome raffle prizes. Please check out the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1403739229910593/

DefendersNatRally (1).jpg

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=FiFi;808388]The wife (FiFi) and I are putting together a bike night at Quaker Steak on June 27th for our Club. It is a pre National Rally fundraiser. Almost all of the proceeds from this event and the Rally will be divided between the Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches and the National Law Enforcement Memorial in Wash DC. She hasn't been able to attend any Spyder events as we're super busy with the Rally and other things. So she's inviting all Spyder owners and everyone else to come to the bike night. This will be similar to Quaker Steak's Wednesday night bike night. Live music, raffle prizes, a 50/50 and a flat screen tv raffle. May even be a few other surprises we're working on. Please spread the word and come if you can. And don't forget, you have to bring in the flyer so we get the 15% donated to our group. Bring extras if you plan on consuming beverages at the bar afterwards.

DefendersNatRally (1).jpg[/QWhat is the hotel name right next to Quaker StateUOTE]

Spyder Garage

The La Quinta is the hotel adjoining Quaker Steak. And if you tell them you're there for the Defenders Bike Night, they'll take $10 off the $75 rate and make it $65. Here's a link to the hotel: http://tinyurl.com/ojhbojg.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FiFi View Post
    The La Quinta is the hotel adjoining Quaker Steak. And if you tell them you're there for the Defenders Bike Night, they'll take $10 off the $75 rate and make it $65. Here's a link to the hotel: http://tinyurl.com/ojhbojg.
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

I contacted the http://www.meetup.com/SPYDER-RIDERS-AND-FRIENDS/ meetup group, also had the wife join, and they're putting together a ride to Quaker Steak. They'll be meeting a couple of miles away to ride in together. So if you're looking to meet other Spyder Riders and go to Quaker Steak, this should be a good place to do that. I know the wife is super excited. And please don't forget to print out the below flyer and bring it if you're going to eat or drink there. This one can be cut into 4 flyers.

Q Steak 4 flyer1.jpg

Spyder Garage

So far the Spyder Riders meetup group has 10 bikes going and possibly a couple other groups joining them.

Spyder Garage

Looks like 11 bikes and 14 people so far from the Spyder Riders group. Only 5 more days to go.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    Thanks!
    John are you and Linda going?

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ/johnnyg View Post
    John are you and Linda going?
    Have to find out what's happening with Linda's family, sister and brother in law in the hospital.

Spyder Garage

Now 19 people going from the Spyder Riders group.

Spyder Garage

This is FiFi's husband. Thanks to those of you that came to Quaker Steak on Friday. The weather really killed us. All the vendors snuck out one by one, and the turnout was waaaay below what we were hoping for. But hey, this is Florida and you have to be ready for the weather. FiFi and a couple of others worked the crowd and we still made a few bucks on all the raffle tickets that were sold so it wasn't a total loss. I'm sorry we didn't get to mingle too much as we were knee deep in keeping things going and dry with the rain. Thanks again for braving the weather.

Fooch

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FiFi View Post
    This is FiFi's husband. Thanks to those of you that came to Quaker Steak on Friday. The weather really killed us. All the vendors snuck out one by one, and the turnout was waaaay below what we were hoping for. But hey, this is Florida and you have to be ready for the weather. FiFi and a couple of others worked the crowd and we still made a few bucks on all the raffle tickets that were sold so it wasn't a total loss. I'm sorry we didn't get to mingle too much as we were knee deep in keeping things going and dry with the rain. Thanks again for braving the weather.
    our new Spyder!! Look forward to events/rydes

Fooch
    Sorry the event didn't go well. Is there a (partially) organized group in the Tampa area? We are currently out of town but LOVIN' our new Spyder!!! Looking forward to meeting others/events/rydes/etc when we get back!