Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If I knew that running in the rain would not be a problem with JTs filter kit than I would think about doing it when I had to do something that required the filter box to be removed so I would not have to deal with it again.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

That is my thoughts exactly!! That's why I think I'll do a little home work and decide which way to go!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have run in the rain with his air filter kit and not had a problem with the Spyder running. I don't have the rain shield,did not even know there was such a thing or a need for it. I will have to look into that.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Remember running classic cars with open air cleaner's in the rain down the highway ? Engine compartment was soaked, top of the air cleaner was dripping wet but the car ran great.. this is the same difference.
    2012 RT , Bajaron plugs n wires Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I didn't like the fact that the Spyder cant sit out in the rain with that filter kit.
    I am not sure that it 'Can't'. I've both ridden in, and let mine sit out in some pretty substantial rain without issue. I do have the optional foam noise reduction piece installed. I would think that might make a difference. But there has to be more to it than that if people are also buying a cover. I am curious as to what conditions have cause a problem. It has to be something other than what I've experienced.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Are you still making the kit?
    Yes

Jt

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    If I knew that running in the rain would not be a problem with JTs filter kit than I would think about doing it when I had to do something that required the filter box to be removed so I would not have to deal with it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I am not sure that it 'Can't'. I've both ridden in, and let mine sit out in some pretty substantial rain without issue. I do have the optional foam noise reduction piece installed. I would think that might make a difference. But there has to be more to it than that if people are also buying a cover. I am curious as to what conditions have cause a problem. It has to be something other than what I've experienced.
    We have had the JT's air filter w/ prefilter as well like Ron and have ran in monsoon downpours and have never had an issue. Our is an 11 RTS/SE5 and I have also removed the 2 lower panels also. If someone is getting water in the filter I sure would like to know how? The filter sits about 3 feet off the ground, tucked up under the front of the dash and everything below it would make it seem pretty difficult to get water up around the motor and into the intake? Short of plowing into a foot of water going fast I don't see how, but I have been amazed at what some folks have been able to do as well.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Yes

Jt
    JT, can you enlighten us on the water issue with your air filter? I've been through (and let sit in) some pretty heavy showers and no problem. The Air Filter seems to be pretty well protected. I am assuming that someone had a problem. Was the Spyder parked on a steep angle or something unusual?

Thanks!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...