Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket LED lighting

I am looking at adding aftermarket super bright led lighting, initially to increase safety. First up, tail lights and updating rear turn signals to LED's and functioning as turn/stop/running lights. Custom Dynamics has a pretty good web site, products look good, and I love the plug and play option. Also, they offer the flash feature on the brake lights.

This year I have stared to ride during the daylight hours with my High Beam's on. Seems to help.

As usual, any real world experience with this stuff? I am looking at being safer out there.

Ryde on my friends, Ryde on.
    2013 ST Limited, SE5. Pearl White. BRP Backrest. No Mods!
    North East Illinois.

"Always in question, never in doubt".
    Blessings,
    Andrew

Spyder Garage

Tricled is another good one for led lighting...

Spyder Garage

Default My opinion

A 10 star LED Spyderlovers Sponsor is Reggy Tan of TricLED's...awesome product, awesome customer service, awesome person.
    I also had installed on my '14 the Denali x-treme LED's that I purchased from Amazon and Pitbull tech's installed as the are hard wired into "Studly's" head lites...as they now come on and do the hi/low beam.
    A -10 for LED is Custom Dynamics. Like their product BUT their customer service is worse than poor.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With the last 4 Goldwings I had a headlight modulator. I used it and it got noticed but many drivers thought I was a LEO. I found that using it only when the sun is behind me worked well. The last wing, I changed and even though it had the modulator I put a set of Quartz Halogen spot lights. They kinda light up the road but are way more visible to oncoming drivers than a headlight.

For my Spyder I put a set of LED Cool Magic Billet lights on and they are what other drivers see more than anything else. The instructions say to wire them to the fender light but I got a Fuze block and use the fender light as the trigger wire. I got another fog light switch and used the blank panel switch (that is not used on the ST) connector so I can turn them on/off.

http://cyclegiant.com/products/34471...hts_electrical

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

you will find that your can am all ready has led lights in the back...custom dynamics put a strobe brake light kit in ours, thats how we found out...it onlt cost us the price of the strobe control...the C D installer that goes to ocean city md bike week installed ours(he has all the neat little tools that make it easier) and the strobes work great!!! you go custom dynamics
    gary (τΏτ)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Spyder Garage

Default LED's

I was already stripping the rear of my ST Ltd down to fit a BRP sports rack and backrest, so I took the opportunity to fit a set of Custom Dynamics LED converted tail lights, don't have to worry about brake light bulb failure and all the hassle of changing them involves anymore. It was just a simple plug & play replacement.
    I'm not to sure about converting the turn signal lights to led as the ST Ltd has extra long wiring for the saddle support arms.
    Last edited by NZSpyderRyder; 05-12-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

Clay chaser-
    My standard advice on the topic starts with a question--
    What's your comfort level with electrical work? If it's similar to your comfort of putting your hand into a ceiling fan... then my strong advice is to let Reggy and Tric help you. Their packages of lights + their super clear instructions and great customer service are unequalled.

Now on the other hand, if you enjoy seeing sparks and know how to not let the smoke escape from the wires (geeks will get that), you might do a combo of Tric, Custom Dynamics, and even venturing into raw LEDs, RGB, controllers, and the works.

There are a few of us that are here to help hold your hand through the process!

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Default Advise

Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we are on the subject of advise:

Phil, I've got an Australian spec 2013 ST Ltd, so where you would fit your fog lights we have our day running headlights.
    What I'm hoping you can tell me is can I fit the Tricrings spyder eye (angel eyes) around these and splice them directly into the oem wiring ?
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround

Spyder Garage

here is what I did
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Look on E-Bay there are a lot to look at. I got some for $10 that 1 place charges $100 for. Ya you mite wait 3-4 weeks (china)for it but for the money you save its worth it. An some of them have been on my spyder for a year an no prob. You can get the plug an play wire at a few places.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but while we are on the subject of advise:

Phil, I've got an Australian spec 2013 ST Ltd, so where you would fit your fog lights we have our day running headlights.
    What I'm hoping you can tell me is can I fit the Tricrings spyder eye (angel eyes) around these and splice them directly into the oem wiring ?
    Should be no problem simply tapping the angel eyes into the same power source for your DRLs. BUT, if your DRLs are similar to our fog lights, you will need to break into the light housing to mount them. The electrical bit should be simple though.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Advise

Thanks Phil, that's what I was hoping to hear. Yes I understand that I will need to drill a small hole in the metal housing to pass the wires thro. I was then going to use some of the Posi Lock taps to go into the original wiring so that the tricleds came on with the running lights.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Fox Podium shocks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NZSpyderRyder View Post
    Thanks Phil, that's what I was hoping to hear. Yes I understand that I will need to drill a small hole in the metal housing to pass the wires thro. I was then going to use some of the Posi Lock taps to go into the original wiring so that the tricleds came on with the running lights.
    Pictures of the mod please! We all like to learn.