Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New 2013 Spyder RT Owner

Well I took the gamble and bought a new 2013 RTS. I was very pleased with my experience as the dealer, Dee's Motorsports in Clinton Twp Michigan, did a fantastic job. The sales lady, Ashley, was wonderful to deal with. It was worthwhile to travel the two hundred miles this morning to trade in and pickup. The dealer was spot on and their service department and owner were involved in making it a great experience. I wish they were closer. A few notes about the bike are below. Keep in mind I am new to RTs but not Spyders as I have owned a 2009 RS for 4 years.
    i traveled home in 75 degree weather and noticed no heat issues. The bike shifts a lot smoother than my prior RS...SE5 on both. I already have a swat bar on order and it needs it. The high winds make it difficult. I don't see any need for additional boards or pegs. Cruise control is awesome. The RTS corners better than my RS but the RS handled wind and road variations better. The RS had a sway and one is coming for the RTS. The other options on the RTS are sweet. I need a backrest, again had one on the RS and miss the backrest already. One will be ordered.

I had no significant issues with the RS. It was a great bike and will miss it. I hope to have the same with the RTS.

Ride safely...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the "RT" World

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

on the new RT

Spyder Garage

Congratulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Petrol Blue 2020 RT Limited

Additions:
    Lamonster Mount 2.0 with Dual Power Lamonster Mirror locks
    RAM Mount Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone Holder Convex Mirrors
    Previously owned:
    Can Am Spyder RT 2014, Timeless Black
    Kawasaki Concours 14
    Kawasaki KZ440

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Well I took the gamble and bought a new 2013 RTS. I was very pleased with my experience as the dealer, Dee's Motorsports in Clinton Twp Michigan, did a fantastic job. The sales lady, Ashley, was wonderful to deal with. It was worthwhile to travel the two hundred miles this morning to trade in and pickup. The dealer was spot on and their service department and owner were involved in making it a great experience. I wish they were closer. A few notes about the bike are below. Keep in mind I am new to RTs but not Spyders as I have owned a 2009 RS for 4 years.
    i traveled home in 75 degree weather and noticed no heat issues. The bike shifts a lot smoother than my prior RS...SE5 on both. I already have a swat bar on order and it needs it. The high winds make it difficult. I don't see any need for additional boards or pegs. Cruise control is awesome. The RTS corners better than my RS but the RS handled wind and road variations better. The RS had a sway and one is coming for the RTS. The other options on the RTS are sweet. I need a backrest, again had one on the RS and miss the backrest already. One will be ordered.

I had no significant issues with the RS. It was a great bike and will miss it. I hope to have the same with the RTS.

Ride safely...
    Congratulations. Since you're buying new, the latest ECM update should have been applied and it seems to be resolving the heat problems for those who have had them. Have fun with your new Cadillac.

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did the same thing and after 2 rides you will not miss your rs 1 bit the rt grows on you real fast

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

On your new ryde. They have made changes and you should not have any problems. Enjoy..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

CONGRATS!!!!! Will have to go for a ride when I get back from Spyderfest we are taking our time getting back I am still in Missouri should be home 5/16 I will give you a call when I am home Tom
    Last edited by fisherdude; 05-10-2014 at 09:15 PM.