Thread: Coolant leeks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant leeks

Hi have any of you ho own RS had a coolant leeks big pach water under front of the spyder 2010 SM5 I am having to fill it up evey two days top it up is more like it but still .
    it is booked in for a service just would like to know if any one out there had the same happen

Spyder Garage

Check the reservoir tank to make sure it's not broken or cracked

check the metal clamps on the hoses. My leak was due to the clamp bring loose. A few turns and all was well.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Default coolant leak

2011 RTs not RS but same engine set-up. Just had mine fixed yesterday. Same symptoms. No visible leak when riding but let it sit and a puddle of antifreeze under the center of the bike. All hose connections were good. It was the water pump seal. Dealer replaced seal and said I was good to go.

Spyder Garage

I would check the coolant overflow tank.. My is cracked and is going to be replaced. The tank is about 70.00 on BRP website but you might me able to check e-bay or amazon. If you remove the right side plastic and the cover for fuse box under the frunk you can see if the tank is crack. Mine crack on the backside of the tank in front of the air box intake. Good luck and its not that hard to replace..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    2011 RTs not RS but same engine set-up. Just had mine fixed yesterday. Same symptoms. No visible leak when riding but let it sit and a puddle of antifreeze under the center of the bike. All hose connections were good. It was the water pump seal. Dealer replaced seal and said I was good to go.
    Dealer told me this was a known issue, said as soon as you see any oil or antifreeze get it done. Mine was done last year.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hay thank's guys for the info will have a look at the tank and hose's to will let you know what it was.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi all the spyder water tank was at fult it had a big crak in it so to get a new one $115.00 nz and will take a week to get here coming from Aus ? good on you BRP any way we took it out and had it plastic welded up good job till we put it back in and it still lecks just a weping out of a pin hole fine with that till we get the new one will keep an eye on it all the plastic panle will stay off to make it easy to get at when new one turns up agane thats for your help

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what you do..!!

go to cheapcycleparts.com and check the price. I get my parts there or ebay and amazon..!! if they have a better deal cancel your order with the dealer or have them match the price...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black