Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gene0108 View Post
    Oh one other thing. I need a cab on the rss.
    I know j&m makes a handlebar mount.
    I still want an rss. I want a 2013 green one......If I can even find one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Great color

Spyder Garage

Default how refreshing

I want to trade in my 2010RT for a RSS. Has anyone on here gone from a RT to an RS?
    good for you gene. you'll love the POWER.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Maybe a little work , basic install on most of that stuff

I've saw a st style windshield adapted to a RS didn't look to complicated. Heated grips may pose a little challenge to some.

The extra cost of the RT compared to the RS may be the contributing factor, if you figure about $1000 for the BRP side bag kit , $100 for a heTed grip kit (non BRP) , couple hundred dollars for a windshield, not sure what the highway pegs cost and switching to the ST bars on the RS and the ergo are changed
    Heated grips super easy $40 aftermarket kit put switch through the vent holes beside the speedo no drilling some soft saddle bags over the seat you can take them off when not needed no ugly brackets and way easier to throw your leg over in every day riding,the rs is simpler lighter less to go wrong and for the cost of a loaded rt we both have our own rides so no worries about rear sedat comfort
    2 happy happy spyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Risers on an RS-S? My wife has an RT-S and I have an RS-S. I thought about LOWERING the bars!

Spyder Garage

Trading in the cruiser for the hot rod, nice!
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i have a 13 rss. just did my first 170 mile benefit ride Saturday. no back issues. in a way i wish the bars were lower for a sportier feel.

Spyder Garage

Default it's about time!!!

thank you for sharing with us the "reverse trade" as it goes to show all of us rss/rs riders aren't totally crazy. it also supports our rides as not being the entry level roadster, but the roadsters for all of those wanting to be a little "sportier!!!!" now how do you like that mr. "d"?

Spyder Garage

I suggest you get the St. limited before a Rss. Its sporty , but has some of the comforts of the Rt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I love my Rss, but sometimes I wonder how it would be to ride a ST or Rt

Spyder Garage

UPDATE: Pitbull Powersports fixed me up with a ST Limited. Drove 691 miles one way to pick it up.

Thanks Len and the gang.

Gene

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just my $0.02 here. My wife Becky has the RT-S. I have the RS-S. I would not say that the RS-S is a downgrade, but in some ways it is. Creature-comfort-wise, the RS-S is a downgrade: No radio speakers, no rear hatch (unless you buy aftermarket, Corbin has some nice options) no 12V outlet or trunk liner (accessories available though), small windscreen is surprisingly good but much more of a sport-bike wind-feel, sub-par mirrors, no highway runners, just footpegs, no parking-brake button (must use e-brake behind left foot "clank"), seat positions you upward and down into the handlebars at an angle like a sport-bike.

Now, on the plus side for the RS-S, 200 pounds less means better gas mileage and obviously significantly faster and quicker to turn. 0-60 is 4.4 sec. versus the RT which is 6.8, so.. Corvette vs. Honda Civic in acceleration. 0.72g vs. 0.56g on the skidpad, so that's more Honda Civic versus Prius there, though I find the RS-S doesn't mind a little front-end slippage dug-in, with some bravery you could up that 0.72 to a 0.80g pretty easily. Gas mileage for her RT-S is about 40mpg right now. Mine is around 55mpg so far: wind resistance is a big factor here and it can obviously be improved by lowering that front tower of a windscreen-sail, though that sail eliminates almost all wind for a VERY comfortable, relaxed ride at highway-speeds.

The RT-S has that super-cozy back-seat. It's important to remind the passenger not to fall asleep back there, it's that cozy. Seriously. For kicks, I let her put me there on the back and I was just in plush-heaven. I doubt she'd feel the same on the back of my RS-S. It's a bit more.. frantic I'd suspect. Really considering those Corbins.

The RS-S is a more passionate sporty vehicle with an edge, the RT and ST models are more for relaxed cruising and comfort. Older Cadillac vs. Corvette. Your choice. Do what we did and choose both. Two different animals, the strengths for one is the weakness of the other and vise-versa. Both quite nice. Just make sure you get that "S" version.

Just my opinion so far.

Spyder Garage

If I wanted to ride a couch I would stay home. RS-S allows me to play a lot harder.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrtony28 View Post
    I suggest you get the St. limited before a Rss. Its sporty , but has some of the comforts of the Rt

Quote Originally Posted by mrtony28 View Post
    I love my Rss, but sometimes I wonder how it would be to ride a ST or Rt

What?? So you recommend an ST but you've never ridden one....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    If I wanted to ride a couch I would stay home. RS-S allows me to play a lot harder.

Just sayin'............
    I'm right there with you otter. Personally, If BRP only made the RT I wouldn't own one.
    Its fine if your into that kind of thing, but I'm not into riding an RV.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Someone mentioned an ST. I have never really looked at one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    OK I have rode the RT ST and RS I like the RS the best. We had the RT first. Johnnyg made a mistake in getting me to try the RT, I did and got hooked I always rode as a co-rider. But of course I had to have my own so I bought the 2011 RS made all the extra changes 4" risers cruise, corbin seat, heated glove hook up. and now I added the HP Fairing with audio 4 speaker. I love how it handles and the sport ride over the RT. Since I won't ride as a Co-rider any more John traded his RT on the ST He loves it. He wanted the sportier ride also. I have rode the ST also he keeps telling me I would like it better. But I don't. This is something that is a personal thing, you will have to find someone that will let you ride theirs so you can make up your own mind. Good luck I know you will love what ever you decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    RT to an ST, yes (may do that one day)...
    But RT to RS... interesting.
    IMHO, I do not like riding my wife's RS... I can do short rides in it, but after a few minutes, my back is starting to ache. And she has the 1" riser on her handlebars.
    Erick, Face it your just getting to old. You need to start exercising with Leira

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post

Just sayin'............

Couch or a lazy boy chair

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default So how does she Run?

UPDATE: Pitbull Powersports fixed me up with a ST Limited. Drove 691 miles one way to pick it up.

Thanks Len and the gang.

Gene
    You have not stated how much fun you are having, are you havin' any?
    Or if the difference was worth the switcheroo...

I sure love my Neutron Green '13...

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 08-03-2014 at 09:22 PM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=gene0108;807176]I don't think I will miss any of the features. It is the riding position that I am worried about. I have almost 40k on my RT. I want a sportier ride. So I guess I ride 10k per year.
    I am not really excited about the looks of the rt.
    Great information. Just trying to decide.
    I guess I have to find a friend who has one and go ride it 500 miles in one day.

Se from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I traded my 2010 RT in on an ST. I wanted a sportier ryde but knew my knees and hips couldn't handle the RS. The ST sits you up straighter like the RT, is 250# lighter than the RT, and handles curves much better than my RT. And I didn't have to give up the heated hand grips or radio with the ST limited. even have a GPS.
    It's fast and sweeet. I just got back from a 4,500 mile trip out west. It was quite comfy. Hope this helps

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RT to an RS YOU BET

For what its worth... Sold a 2011 RS for a brand new 2012 RT-S in 2013. In a lot of ways, really wish I hadn't. Loved the riding position of the RS and the power. Yes the RT is very comfortable in a Lazy-Boy kind of way. The riding position seems very well suited to my 91 year old dad. Way down on power with all the extra pounds. If I could do it all over again, I would have added a better seat to the RS, an audio system and a better cruise control then the Throttle Meister I had installed.

The RT makes me feel like an old fart when I ride it. (yes, realize I am anyways) To compare using two wheels....The best example is the RS is like a Yamaha FJR or maybe a Kawi Connie. The RT feels like the Goldwing. The RT is not bad and has its great points, just my opinion is that the RS is a whole lot more fun to ride. Was just talking to my wife and she wants me to mention how much more comfortable she is on the RT then the RS we had. She said the difference in the seat is night and day. We had the BRP backrest on our RS and BRP side cases.

Spyder Garage

i had the rs 2010 befor i went to the rt the rs killed my knees,and back after 30 mins,so i had to go to the rt and the wife loves the rt back seat so if your knees are good bent like they need to be riding a rss grab it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joebryanjr View Post
    Someone has to defend the RS. I have a 2011 RSS. I do not find it uncomfortable to ride. Ride all day with stops every hour or so. It has 3" risers and the BRP touring windshield.
    I am not an aggressive rider so I get 30+ MPG.
    I may switch to an RT in the future so my wife is more comfortable.

Where did you get your 3" risers? and did you install them yourself?

Spyder Garage

HERETIC!!!!!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Posture is very important on the RS line of Spyders... if I slouch, I notice within a mile or two that I start getting lower back discomfort. Cruise control would be nice (mine's a 2012, so I need to add an aftermarket system here at some point).

Good luck and best wishes!

- Michael