Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Hey, Honey, I'm home!!

Well, I'm back in the UK! ( and it's not raining!)

So I need to to say a huge 'Thank you' to everyone who made me especially welcome!
    I would have liked to have done it better at the 'Farewell' party but I know me!
    It would have ended up with me being a tearful mess! So I made some 'smart' remarks
    about the Aussies and left it at that.

The whole week I was meeting people who were super kind and it's very difficult, nay, impossible for me to remember
    you all by name. You folks are great!

Thank you to Len and Lamont. You two guys seem to have inexhaustible energy resources and you have, between
    you, made the concept of SpyderFest a reality. You can quite rightly feel very, very proud of yourselves.

Thank you to MOGANG! You took me under your wing and helped me fully enjoy all of the aspects of SpyderFest. Without that help
    I would have been a little 'lost' and wasted a lot of time trying to deal with US 'stuff' that is strange to me!

I know I come across as a little... errrmmm.....weird, that's just me and the way that I am! So anyone who found me to be strange is
    not alone!! Many people in the UK would also agree with that opinion!

In my defence I would have to say that only being able to hear maybe 80% of what is said to me and then only being able to remember
    half of that does present its problems......I KNOW I had a wonderful, wonderful time even if I don't remember some of it!

One word I really think is very much over-used is 'awesome'. I wince inwardly when people apply it so freely to everything, be it a meal they have enjoyed
    or a someone's new car! But it is the only word that truly describes the people I met in Springfield this year!

You were all truly awesome!! I thank you all..................Group Hug!!

<Edit> To be honest the above is scarcely adequate to express my feelings of gratitude but its the best I can manage.
    Last edited by OJ UK; 05-07-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was really nice to meet you Geoff!

Now I'm curious about what U.S. 'stuff' is so strange!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

It was great to meet you and aussies also. Kinda sorry we lost the accent.

2 things come to mind, we drive on the wrong side of road. and when you cross a street we look left first and they look right. Mike said that he was always trying to step in front of cars.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

sounds like you had a great time both parts you remember and parts you don't as well. Great you were able to make it over and represent the whole of England..!! you didn't know that...hope you make it again and bring some blokes along with you....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

It was nice to have met you and the other aussie's.

Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geoff, it was truly a delight to meet you!! In fact, it was one of the high points of Spyderfest. I hope you enjoyed being there as much as we enjoyed having you there.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

glad you had a great time. hope you can make it back over to another Spyderfest one year and bring some other blokes with you!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was awesome to meet you. You almost beat us home!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default I'm home!

Geoff

Patti and I really enjoyed spending time with you my friend! I wish we weren't as busy as we were so we could have done more but Spyderfest kept us busy. We are glad that you enjoyed Spyderfest and your stay in the US. I hope that you will be able to come back for another Spyderfest in the near future. We hope some day to be able to visit you. Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

Dennis & Patti
    Mogang

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Geoff, I told you that my brother had the same spelling. I also gave you a lot of grief for wearing all that black cold weather gear and a scarf when it was almost 90 degrees F. I was the one with the red bike and trailer in the light contest. It was great to meet you! Glad you had a good time in the states and that you made it home safe.
    Kevin and Joanie

Sent from my iPad
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you had safe travel. It was great talking to you at the Mini Trailer's. It's always interesting to share stories from other parts of our small world. Happy Ryding!

Spyder Garage

It was way fun to have met you and look forward to seeing you again next year!!!! We found you to be a down to earth guy an very intelligent gentleman. I enjoyed every minute talking to you. Hope to see you again soon.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Happy to hear that you had a great time at our "little" get together! Thanks for making the long trip, hope you can come again next year!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Had a great time hanging out with you Bro and you now have a family in the U.S.A. you can call your own.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Hey Lamont! You need to get that camera checked out! There's no way I'm that fat and old lookin'!!

Seriously....thank you so much.