Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTS wiring help

I'm in the process of install a fuse box so I can hook up an additional 12 volt outlet and alarm. I need to splice into a "switched" power...such as running lights. I also need to find the left and right turn signals for the alarm.

Can anyone point me towards those specific colored wires on the 14'? I have the covers off the entire left side and can see the main wiring harness and connectors.
    2014 RTS White
    Spy alarm, 12v DC outlet on dash, Custom Embroidered Seat with Gel insert, Anti-Scuff pads for passenger

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Myoutdoors View Post
    I'm in the process of install a fuse box so I can hook up an additional 12 volt outlet and alarm. I need to splice into a "switched" power...such as running lights. I also need to find the left and right turn signals for the alarm.

Can anyone point me towards those specific colored wires on the 14'? I have the covers off the entire left side and can see the main wiring harness and connectors.

It would be proper to contact Lamont (site owner) prior to advertising on this site.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Will do...but that doesn't help with my wiring question
    2014 RTS White
    Spy alarm, 12v DC outlet on dash, Custom Embroidered Seat with Gel insert, Anti-Scuff pads for passenger

Spyder Garage

Will do...but that doesn't help with my wiring question

I would have helped with that question if i knew the correct answer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I sent him a pm.
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

I mounted my alarm under the seat. I got the power from the trunk power outlet. I used the trailer harness connector under the old battery panel under the seat, to connect the alarm to the lights. Easy hookup. I don't have the wire colors handy but can get them tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

That would be great! Thank you. Finless was nice enough to help me with the alarm but I think the 14' wiring is a little different?
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Taillights - Orange
    Lt Turn - Gray w/Pink stripe
    Rt Turn - Brown w/Yellow stripe

PM me if you have any problems and I will send you my phone number.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I'll take a look later today. So the orange is the "switched" keyed power.
    Last edited by Myoutdoors; 05-06-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I'll take a look later today. So the orange is the "switched" keyed power.
    The ULTIMATE answer is to download the 2014 shop manual and pull up the wiring schematic. The entire manual is in PDF / CD from Midwest Manuals for about $29. Then you'll have everything at your fingertips.

I'm about to tear into several electrical mods and had your question and many others. The $$ is small compared to the instant answers now and later.

Spyder Garage

I did just that Phil last night and confirmed those wires that Doc was nice enough to send me. I was just getting impatient and wanted to get it started. I'm with you...a full manual is a must!

Now I'm just looking for a "switched/keyed" power wire I can tap into that's closer to the left front so I can hook up my fuse box. The beauty of these types of forums is that they are filled with people who don't mind sharing some helpful hints and tricks...saves a lot of time finding things...which equals more riding time!
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Finally all done! Thank you for all the help. Gotta love this forum. A couple of members actually pm'd me a offered me to call with questions. I hope I can help someone in the future...I've found out that the 14's are wired a little differently, obviously partly because of the battery placement change.

Fuse box, spy alarm and front dc outlet installed and in working order

Spyder Garage

Default Switched power: Which wire did you settle on?

Finally all done! Thank you for all the help. Gotta love this forum. A couple of members actually pm'd me a offered me to call with questions. I hope I can help someone in the future...I've found out that the 14's are wired a little differently, obviously partly because of the battery placement change.

Fuse box, spy alarm and front dc outlet installed and in working order
    I'm getting ready to install my FZ-1 fusebox on my 2014. Curious about where you ended up tapping into switched power for yours?

Thanks in advance for sharing!
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

I ended up buying the online shop manual and tapped into the frunk power. I can't recall the color of the wire. It was fairly easy since it was located on the front left side while sitting on the bike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

I ended up buying the online shop manual and tapped into the frunk power. I can't recall the color of the wire. It was fairly easy since it was located on the front left side while sitting on the bike
    Thank you! I will try to find it. I have the shop manual for the 2014 as well. and the wire colors are Black (18 gauge) and Violet (Main)/Yellow (Tracer) the other way. Do you happen to remember if you tapped violet for the switched power? From what I see on the diagram that appears to be correct but just wanting to be extra careful. On the diagram it appears Black goes toward battery and violet heads off the other way.
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

FZ-1 fuse block

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry I haven't been much help...I haven't been visiting the site too much, I'm getting ready for heating season in the NE and cutting cord wood. For a switched power, I tied into the LED Frunk light. I'm not sure of the color right now and tried to look back in my emails to other members but couldnt find it. I remember finding it on the wiring diagram and just confirming the colors and checking with a meter. It's on the left side near the top of the frunk...easy access and worked well for the fuse block.
    2014 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Default Switched Power Decision

I'm sorry I haven't been much help...I haven't been visiting the site too much, I'm getting ready for heating season in the NE and cutting cord wood. For a switched power, I tied into the LED Frunk light. I'm not sure of the color right now and tried to look back in my emails to other members but couldnt find it. I remember finding it on the wiring diagram and just confirming the colors and checking with a meter. It's on the left side near the top of the frunk...easy access and worked well for the fuse block.
    On the contrary, you were helpful. I decided that I will tap into the black wire that will connect to my third party 12v power outlet that I will be installing in the frunk. I realize that it can be changed from switched to constant in the Spyder fuse box but I will be leaving it as switched. I just need to be sure and pass that information on to any future owners IF I sell it...

Thanks again!
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

FZ-1 fuse block