Spyder Garage

Default Digital display removal ? ECM dead

Question... Does removal of the ECM void my warranty? My ECM quit displaying over the weekend. All I get are a bunch all lines and a black screen with random letters. And no I didn't power wash the dash. I thought if I take out the unit I could examine the connector(s) for water / corrosion / broken wires. I will call my dealer on Tues. as they are closed Monday's. My dealer is the closest one to where I live (250 miles one way) so I would like to look it over first.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
    Sierra Shark

Spyder Garage

Sorry, wish i could answer your question, but someone will be along shortly to help i am sure.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I think you are confusing the gauge cluster with the ECM. They are 2 independent boxes.

Taking things apart does not void the warranty. If you damage any part because you have damaged it or modified it to change how it works. That part is no longer covered or any secondary damage that may happen because of it as well.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I think you are confusing the gauge cluster with the ECM. They are 2 independent boxes.

Taking things apart does not void the warranty. If you damage any part because you have damaged it or modified it to change how it works. That part is no longer covered or any secondary damage that may happen because of it as well.

Perhaps I'm mixing things up. For lack of a better / more technical term it's the digital screen. I have no read out. It won't light up or show anything other than a few lines of jumbled letters. I can't get my radio to work either. No sound, can't change stations, no speedo, no clock, no nothing. I've tried re-cycling the key. I have disconnected the battery to try and reset the electrical system. The screen doesn't even flicker.
    Sierra Shark

Spyder Garage

Default Curious..!!

if everything is working and it starts up it may be the cluster. Ecm will not do what you say to your display. I suspect electrical connections. As wuth so many of these problems you really need to start with the battery connection from the battery the jumper posts and grounds. Then feuses and relays. Not likely the cluster hook up unless someone has been in there...hope its just a connection...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black