Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

on your new - ENJOY

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Enjoy your new ride

Jo:

Wonder if you elected the paddle shift over the standard shift? That was a question you were asking.

Nice color choice as well. Daughter, Laura, has a White 2011 RT Limited. She calls her bike "La La's Pearl" (Yes, she has grand kids that helped naming her ride)

Pictures?

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I went with the semi-automatic, here she is Spoiled Angel ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949748.041491.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jth

Quote Originally Posted by Jcimon View Post
    I went with the semi-automatic, here she is Spoiled Angel ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404949748.041491.jpg

Congrats!
    We bought a 2014 RT-SM6 from SVM in Milford NH about a month ago.
    We have done rides to VT and Seacoast. Check out my posts on the 'New Hampshire' section of the forum. Maybe we can do a ride sometime.

- John & Mary

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bgraybeal View Post
    Hey everyone. I am so incredibly stoked to read about the enjoyment you all have had with your 2014 RT-S Spyders!
    I have "Built and Priced" mine about 20 times on the Can-Am website. The closest dealership is about two and a half hours south of me, so I haven't been to test ride yet.
    I have a bit more saving to do before I can buy. In the mean time, I have customized the RT-S at the Can-Am website, and also with a list of parts I want to get for it.

I am moving from a Ducati 999 to the Spyder, due to some knee issues and a desire to have my wife join me. (She used to ride on my Kawasaki Concours 14 and LOVED it.) She won't ride on the Duc because there isn't a sissy bar or handles.

Coming from a performance background, I would love to get the RS-S for myself, but in order to coax her, I have to get the comfy seat, etc. (Maybe later I can convince her to get a couple of RS-S Spyders, so we can both ride fast!)

In order to make the shift from sports bike to RT-S, what suggestions does everyone have for performance?

I was thinking about the Two Brothers exhaust, BajaRon's Swaybar, an air filter, and maybe a Power Commander. Are there any other common performance mods?
    Add Elkas to your list. Right after the swaybar. And I switched from a Hayabusa to the Spyder. Now there's an engine I would put in a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

John and Mary that would be nice

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default When things don't go as you planned...

I posted in this thread a few months back, wanting suggestions for increasing the performance of an RT-S, when I was ready to switch.

I was worried that coming from a Ducati 999, I would 'miss' the performance aspect.

Well, I am now closer than I was to getting a Spyder; someone backed over my Duc in the parking lot and, since it only had two wheels, the damage was catastrophic. Amazing that the plastic parts from Italy can cost over $8,000. (No mechanical damage, other than the handlebars and clutch/brake levers.)

I am ready to get something that won't be backed over. RT-S with a big orange flag, here I come!

Thanks Gonker for the advice on Elkas!