Thread: Oil change

Spyder Garage

Default Oil change

Im going to do my first oil change soon. The 6000 mile service is coming up and with that is the valve adjustment. Do they have to drain the oil during a valve adjustment or am i good to change it without wasting the oil.

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

you don't need a valve adjustment at 6000 miles. There have been some changes to schedule maintainence on valve adjustment and oil changes. Oil now recommended at 4,600 miles. Many have not done valves as scheduled because the majority never need adjustments. I have 18,000 and they are still fine. Have dealer check updates...you do not have to drain oil if you do valve adjustment..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    you don't need a valve adjustment at 6000 miles. There have been some changes to schedule maintainence on valve adjustment and oil changes. Oil now recommended at 4,600 miles. Many have not done valves as scheduled because the majority never need adjustments. I have 18,000 and they are still fine. Have dealer check updates...you do not have to drain oil if you do valve adjustment..
    You say that there's been some changes to the scheduled maintenance. Where would I find these changes? My Owners Manual says 600-3000 for Engine Oil/Oil Filter and HCM Oil Filter for SE5 models, which I have. I'm a bit over on my 3k and was going to DIY with a kit from the dealer for $80 instead of the $320 by the dealer.... But maybe I wait?
    ~'12 RT Limited, Pearl White~
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Squared Away Laser Alignment
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, Front Fender Tips & Kit, Front Mud Flap LEDs, Amber & Red Brightsides, Tri-color Magicflex Channelz
    Lidlox Grip Tip Helmet Locks
    TricLED Mirror Signals, RGB Multi-color Halo Underground Effects Kit, LED Headlights
    Palmer Signs Custom "Captain America" frunk graphics
    Twisted Chrome Pinstripes
    Overland Australian Sheepskin Seat Cover

Spyder Garage

Oil change intervals have gone up to 4600 if you have the new filters installed. If not, then it should be changed with the new filters and housing. Then you can go to 4600 miles between changes. You should of gotten a voucher for the new panel to make changing the oil somewhat easier. I have read that some of the CA Spyders didnt get that voucher though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Here is a link that Lamont posted about the new panel.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43728

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!