Spyder Garage

Default Parking the RT622 trailer during Spyderfest

Here's a question for those of you that have been to previous SpyderFests... This is my first one. I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to haul my "stuff" and then back home again (full of FARKLES) after the fest.

I am assuming that I won't necessarily need it for the various rydes and events during the fest. Will there be a secure location where I could "park" this when not in use? I'm weary about simply leaving it alone at the hotel parking lot. I can secure it to my Spyder during the night. But what about during the day when I'm ryding?

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

but thereare trailer locks so they can not be hitched to other vehicles. Chaining to a post so it can't be lifted. The othe r is group up several and lock them together..someone whos been will be along shortly...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I put a lock through the hitch pin and another through the axle. If there is a post available I'll hitch to that. I have locked mine to a friend's trailer also.

The parking lots will be full so be courteous in where you park. Leaving your trailer during the day helps ensure that you will get a place to park at night.
    I have seen people take up 3 & 4 parking spaces with their big enclosed trailers when they could easily have parked it in one space.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just run a locking cable from the trailer to a light pole. Then I park my Spyder in front of the trailer a night.

ToM
    Spyderfest 2014

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

I have seen a growing number of trailers locked up and left behind at the motels in the years past and have not heard of anyone having trouble yet. I have locked mine using cable through axles and around pole at many different locations around the country and no problem so far
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I always use a 6 ft cable lock to tie up, never had an issue when traveling across country to spyderfest. When attached to the bike I have a lock instead of the factory provided pin.

I have become so much more comfortable parking trailer that it is easy to take along on rides as well now. Almost to the pont you forget its there.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Last year I just left mine in the motel lot with the ball latch locked down. No tree or pole around. People are usually coming and going at he motel anyway. If they want it, they'll get it.

Spyder Garage

We travel with two R 622's. Our custom is to lock both trailers together with a cable and try to situate them around a utility pole, well anchored fence or something similar. At one stop we had another couple on a Gold Wing drop their trailer and locked it around our cable.

The more the merrier, as long as we all can agree when we are unlocking.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)