Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Just got it back from service!

Not sure if I am missing a plastic under tray. The photo is taken from under the front of the bike, looking towards the rear. Just behind the skid plate should there be two under trays one on each side of the main frame or just one as in the photo? Not sure if one was left off by the tech.

Also got a nice gouge across the nose while it was at the dealer for recalls and bulletins.

It is a 2013 STS .

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about that. I always ask the dealer to inspect mine and mark any (if any!) discrepancies when I bring it in for service.
    This way, I can prove any new damages/scratches were cause by them. Always do a careful 360 degrees inspection before leaving the dealership.

Once they know you are "anal" about your ride, they tend to be more careful.

Spyder Garage

Default Tray

Yes you are missing a tray and that is a nasty gouge on the front. But many of us remove both trays under the Spyder. It helps dissapate the heat and makes oil changes easier.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

The damage looks as though it was ridden onto a steep lift without enough clearance! the panel is indeed missing but i took mine off two years ago.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

You are missing the pan and though many remove them you still should get it back so you can decide. The scrape along the nose is unfortunate and you should point it out. Not a good sign as to the work they perform...make sure you check your fluid levels..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I plan to try and get the dealer to replace the nose cone, As I don't think the gouge is repairable . The under tray that is missing is under the steering area and not the oil tank. I don't want to disclose the name of the dealer until I see how they are going to handle this.

I had the buds update for heat done and really can't tell any difference in temp or performance on the ride home.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck! Please let us know how they respond to this...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I plan to try and get the dealer to replace the nose cone, As I don't think the gouge is repairable . The under tray that is missing is under the steering area and not the oil tank. I don't want to disclose the name of the dealer until I see how they are going to handle this.

I had the buds update for heat done and really can't tell any difference in temp or performance on the ride home.
    Leave that tray off as it helps air escape under that Hot Master Cylinder side! I would get the tray from them in case you sell it or trade in.

Best to take the one off under the oil filter also if you have the ability to do so?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Dang, when I first looked at the gouge I thought it was at the bottom of the front. Now I see it is on the trunk lid. Somebody hit something or ran something into it. good luck at the dealer.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

i got both my pannels off the bottom it runs cooler that way,but thats up to you.

Spyder Garage

Keep us informed. Give the dealer a chance to make good. Things like that need to be made right--IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hopefully the dealer will work with you on that gash on your front end.
    My dealer has a policy that in your presence they take multiple pictures of your Spyder plus write up an inspection list whenever checking it in for service.
    Protects both party's...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Not sure if I am missing a plastic under tray. The photo is taken from under the front of the bike, looking towards the rear. Just behind the skid plate should there be two under trays one on each side of the main frame or just one as in the photo? Not sure if one was left off by the tech.

Also got a nice gouge across the nose while it was at the dealer for recalls and bulletins.

It is a 2013 STS .

Jesse, those that responded to this thread so far apparently don't know their STS's.....if they even own one?

In your pic, the lower panel to the left that looks like it is missing is acually coorect, there is no panel there from the factory.

I am guessing because of the air intake on that side, but there is no panel there!

Now as far as the scrape mark....I would suggest getting a set of Fox shocks off eBay and the BajaRon swaybar!

Spyder Garage

Default Good catch Snoopy!

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Jesse, those that responded to this thread so far apparently don't know their STS's.....if they even own one?

In your pic, the lower panel to the left that looks like it is missing is acually coorect, there is no panel there from the factory.

I am guessing because of the air intake on that side, but there is no panel there!

Now as far as the scrape mark....I would suggest getting a set of Fox shocks off eBay and the BajaRon swaybar!

I was just going to reply! There is no panel in that location. First thing I noticed when I installed my new sway bar.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Learned something new about the oil change panel today.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    Dang, when I first looked at the gouge I thought it was at the bottom of the front. Now I see it is on the trunk lid. Somebody hit something or ran something into it. good luck at the dealer.

Oops, i thought it was lower too when I first looked at it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer steps up to the plate

Below is the email I received today from the dealer after I sent them the photo of the gouge on the nose. As you can see this dealer provided a no hassle replacement of the nose cone and I think this is the way dealers should treat there customers. Kudos to Blackmans Cycle Center.

Hello Jesse,
    I do apologize for the gouge, had I seen it before you left I would have taken care of it then. I have a whole new nose piece on order for you, we will install it when you bring machine back for the cruise control switch. If you have any question please feel free to contact me.

Thank You
    Jason Harrington
    Blackmans Service Center

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to your dealer for doing the right thing. But for everyone else who may have a dealer that isn't so honest, you must be sure to go over your Spyder with a fine toothed comb each time you pick it up from service. Check for loose panels and paint mars.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sounds like the dealer is going to take care of you.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Way to go!!!!

Below is the email I received today from the dealer after I sent them the photo of the gouge on the nose. As you can see this dealer provided a no hassle replacement of the nose cone and I think this is the way dealers should treat there customers. Kudos to Blackmans Cycle Center.

Hello Jesse,
    I do apologize for the gouge, had I seen it before you left I would have taken care of it then. I have a whole new nose piece on order for you, we will install it when you bring machine back for the cruise control switch. If you have any question please feel free to contact me.

Thank You
    Jason Harrington
    Blackmans Service Center
    Now that's a dealership you can count on!!! Just out of curiousity...how did such a big gouge happen in that particular area?? I'm sure you got your point across to the dealer, but I would also make it a point to let him know that there may be a need for concern for other Spyders that come in for that particular service. Maybe there is an area within the shop that has been known to produce that same type of damage that is unknown to the dealer. JMHO
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear of another pro-active dealer when it comes to customer service.

2020 F3L , Magma Red