Spyder Garage

Default Quiet garage, why is my ST have a high pitch buzzing?

I went out to hug my new ST and I hear a high pitch buzzing. I turned on the electrics on about an hour ago to check the turn signals.
    Any ideas? Do I need to worry?

Spyder Garage

No need to worry, they all do it.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

It's asking you to take it out for s spin!
    Nothing to be worried about.

Spyder Garage

Something to do with the throttle closing for 40 minutes, I asked the same question last week. I have a 2013 ST Limited, luckily I'm high tone deaf so I don't hear it, the rest of the family do tho.
    Alan:
    2013 Spyder ST Limited
    TBR
    Black Series Slip-On Exhaust with M-5 Carbon Canister and P1X power tip and black bolt kit
    Fox Podium shocks
    BRP Carbon black sports rack & backrest
    Custom Dynamics LED converted taillights & black tag bolts
    WrapMySpyder carbon dash kit & GT stripes & graphics
    Bestem USA carbon side fairings, belt guards & under tail
    Procoat NZ powder coated wheels
    Hydrographics NZ carbon dipped front suspension covers, billet caps and dash surround
    Spyderpops 3D SS Grille set

Spyder Garage

Default I know read the guide...

Quote Originally Posted by rminas879 View Post
    I went out to hug my new ST and I hear a high pitch buzzing. I turned on the electrics on about an hour ago to check the turn signals.
    Any ideas? Do I need to worry?
    "All Models. This vehicle bla bla ETC bla bla normal.
    That's why they write these things. The key to start the bike should be in a locked vicar the end of the manual. You can't go until you know.

Spyder Garage

Default Not to worry..!!

It's a shut down process. computers, relays, self checking, clearing codes stored in the black box throttle body shut down take your pick. They all do it and it take a while..your learning and you will be back with a question or two before you teach...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

That sound is F'n annoying!!!! When my friends stop over they want to check out the bike and see all the gadgets on it but DAMN. Can't turn it on unless you're going to push it outside after you're done looking at it because it's deafening.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

They should put the explanation for that whine on the Safety Card cause everyone reads that!

The throttle bodies are held closed for 40 minutes after key off. This is suppose to help restarting a warm engine.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or; you can trade-up to a 2010 model.
    They didn't have this feature!
    It was the partially warmed-up starting issues with the 2010s, that prompted this setup.
    Oddly enough; I haven't noticed any extra noise from the 2014 yet...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    That sound is F'n annoying!!!! When my friends stop over they want to check out the bike and see all the gadgets on it but DAMN. Can't turn it on unless you're going to push it outside after you're done looking at it because it's deafening.
    I can hear it on my quiet garage after I ride or just working on it, but when outside and with others we never can hear it because of the other noises/conversations going on.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    I can hear it on my quiet garage after I ride or just working on it, but when outside and with others we never can hear it because of the other noises/conversations going on.
    I keep my spyder in my garage. I have a 55"flat screen tv , heat and a fridge with beverages in there. When sitting watching TV my friends will stop and they want to see all the cool features and gadgets it has and after a few minutes it's. "What the hell is that noise". Then a few more minutes "when's it gonna quit". Then a few more minutes "let's push that thing outside"
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to see if i can hear that noise...
    The mIssus will tell you that my selective hearing is getting worse with the years...
    I didn't realize that it might afftect my "motorclce hearing" as well!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I keep my spyder in my garage. I have a 55"flat screen tv , heat and a fridge with beverages in there. When sitting watching TV my friends will stop and they want to see all the cool features and gadgets it has and after a few minutes it's. "What the hell is that noise". Then a few more minutes "when's it gonna quit". Then a few more minutes "let's push that thing outside"
    You didn't specify that your friends were in the garage. I have a 2 car garage (where both Spyders are kept), a radio and a fridge. I am used to the pitch, and eventually it stops. When my friends are over, it is either working on one or ours, between conversations and the radio we can't tell the pitch, and we watch TV inside.

Sorry that it bothers you, but most of us are used to it. It goes away after 45 minutes or so.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default So, in the meatime...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    You didn't specify that your friends were in the garage. I have a 2 car garage (where both Spyders are kept), a radio and a fridge. I am used to the pitch, and eventually it stops. When my friends are over, it is either working on one or ours, between conversations and the radio we can't tell the pitch, and we watch TV inside.

Sorry that it bothers you, but most of us are used to it. It goes away after 45 minutes or so.
    You don't have to apologize for the spyder making noise

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me about this when I took delivery of mine. They also said don't keep turning the bike on and off to show people the fancy cluster It will drain the battery down since it will take 40 minutes or so to shut down like was stated above.