Spyder Garage

Default Rear tire change. laser alignment

Hell All

Hey i was just wondering. I noticed my 2010 rt-s rear tire is going bald in the center only after only 6000 original miles(tons of good rubber left on the sides and tire is at proper inflation). I have two questions. 1) is this normal and why the heck can a car tire last 60000 and this tire only 6-7000. Any suggestions as to a replacement.
    2)More importantly if i get laser aligned do i have to get it done each time i change my tire.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by TroyboyRn; 04-15-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hell All

Hey i was just wondering. I noticed my 2010 rt-s rear tire is going bald in the center only after only 6000 original miles(tons of good rubber left on the sides and tire is at proper inflation). I have two questions. 1) is this normal and why the heck can a car tire last 60000 and this tire only 6-7000. Any suggestions as to a replacement.
    2)More importantly if i get laser aligned do i have to get it done each time i change my tire.

Thanks in advance
    tire pressure!

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

There is no end to tire threads and posts. I have 18,000 on mine and it will be pretty thin soon. Some have gotten more some much less. You are very low and tire pressure could be the problem. Also where you ryde weather conditions solo double etc. Where you measure the depth is important. The center line going away is not unusual. There is a small diamond on the tread indicating the wear bar. These tires are spun and chirpped quite a bit run on rough roads and do not last like a car nor do we get mileage like a moped...you should not need to align the roadster after changing the tires...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Rear tire

Jack up rear. Spin tire forward about 10-15 revolutions. Watch the belt. Now spin backwards 10-15 revolutions. If the belt stays in the same spot, the rear axle is fine. Change tires. After tire change, perform the same check. If everything remains the same, the alignment should be ok. Any questions, call me. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system