Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Yes these seats are custom. When you fill out the order form, you attach a couple of pictures and make notes of what you want your riding position to be. If you want 4" back, they make it 4" back. 2" taller? They can do that too. Go to their site and read the order form and their requirements. Look at some of their sample saddles. Heck, give them a call and ask any questions you might have. You should be able to get a good idea of what they can do for you.
    Thank BJT

Spyder Garage

Default custom seats

I live in sacramento Ca so when i decide to get a new seat for the SE5 i just bought the other day it will definatly be a Russell day long seat ive been checkin them out for a few months now and they really seem to got the seat building job down pat. i have yet to read a testomonial that is bad they all seem to say I can ride all day now without discomfort. and since i live in sac ca area i can just take a ride down to shasta county and and get it done inhouse in one day. that should be a comfy ride home cant wait to get my new roadster red SE5 to bad its not till end of oct probably be to cold to ride then but sucker sure will have some nice mods on it by the time i get to ride it again lol

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Day Long Saddles are the best!

I have used the Day Long Saddle on a number of bikes over the past 30 years and each one has been outstanding. The only downside is that you have to send in your old saddle, but the end result is a saddle that you will love! My accolades stem from a number of trips from Florida to Maine in two days. After 860 miles you are tired, but your butt won't hurt. I recommend the Day Long saddle in the highest of terms!

Jack H.

P.S. The workmanship is flawless!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Russell Day Long is sending me an order form. I'll be sending my order in a week or so. Ok you guys that have the Day Long with the Velour top how is it holding up???? And I like the looks of it best. I thought the Velour one would be the most comfortable, warm in the cold and cool in the summer. Heather at day long told me the Velour one wears the fastest, and she recommended the vinyl with the leather insert. I just talked to her yesterday Oct.6 and she said that there were still only 10 ordered so far. How about keeping running record on how many of us ordered? So we know when or if the 50 has been met. Thoses of us that bought before the 50th one sold and providing 50 is met what do we get a 20% refund how is that to work?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Putt-Putt View Post
    Russell Day Long is sending me an order form. I'll be sending my order in a week or so. Ok you guys that have the Day Long with the Velour top how is it holding up???? And I like the looks of it best. I thought the Velour one would be the most comfortable, warm in the cold and cool in the summer. Heather at day long told me the Velour one wears the fastest, and she recommended the vinyl with the leather insert. I just talked to her yesterday Oct.6 and she said that there were still only 10 ordered so far. How about keeping running record on how many of us ordered? So we know when or if the 50 has been met. Thoses of us that bought before the 50th one sold and providing 50 is met what do we get a 20% refund how is that to work?
    I just got an email from Heather and they are up to 12 now and bjt will be sending his order in within the next few days and that will put us at 13. Remember, all seats for any type of motorcycle counts for the discount that are ordered between now and Dec. 5th I believe it is. I filled out the order form on line. I got the vinyl with leather inserts for my seat. I think bjt is planning on velour inserts.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Ok you guys that have the Day Long with the Velour top how is it holding up???? And I like the looks of it best. I thought the Velour one would be the most comfortable, warm in the cold and cool in the summer. Heather at day long told me the Velour one wears the fastest, and she recommended the vinyl with the leather insert.
    One other thing I would keep in mind in making your decision is the weather. I had a dished aftermarket seat with a velour top on a bike. Most miserable wet sponge I ever sat on (I mean in) when it rained, or when the bike was parked outside and it rained earlier. Raincovers deal with the problem, but are a pain, and somewhat impractical. At very best they take time to put on. Personally, I also think they look bad, and make the seat slippery. Consider all aspects, not just looks and fair weather comfort.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Y'know, I called Russell and asked about the discount program, the guy I talked to told me they wouldn't be taking orders till November.....think I'll call 'em again and be sure.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That's why god made plastic garbage bags. Seriously though most of the time we ride in dry weather; but I was thinking like car seats velour is generally all around more comfortable. My concern is wear, thats why I will probably go with vinyl & leather inserts. Thanks dltang for getting this going. Is this also your reason for going with the vinyl & leather insert? What do you guys think about a seperat thead on number of seats ordered? To keep track of the number.

Spyder Garage

That's why god made plastic garbage bags. Seriously though most of the time we ride in dry weather; but I was thinking like car seats velour is generally all around more comfortable. My concern is wear, thats why I will probably go with vinyl & leather inserts. Thanks dltang for getting this going. Is this also your reason for going with the vinyl & leather insert? What do you guys think about a seperat thead on number of seats ordered? To keep track of the number.
    My reason isn't about the rain, I think the leather will wear better. I almost went with an all leather seat but decided to save a few bucks. We could start a new thread but I think we can still just add seats and the order number as we find out more to this thread. The name of the thread says it all.

Hey retread, I think what they meant is that all orders now will be done in Nov or later. I got my confirmation email that mine is scheduled for the end of this month and they want me to send them my seat one week in advance. You can order right on line and just put Group 2009 in the space on the order form that asks for it. You will know where when you see it. You can order now and they will assign you a date for sending in your seat. We need to get these orders in to get the numbers up.

So people if you belong to any other motorcycle forums, pass on the word and information so we can get that 20% discount going.

Spyder Garage

Also, one more thing. If for some reason they don't get enough orders, it looks like we still get 10% off. Here is a copy of the email I got from Heather at Russell regarding my order:

Hello,
    I put you on the calendar for October 29th. We will need you to send your seat in about a week before your date. It will take two weeks to get thru production once your date has stared. We will be giving a 10% discount until we get 50 orders. Once we get 50 orders we will refund another 10%. If you have any questions feel free to write back.
    Thank you, Heather

Spyder Garage

Default Regarding Seat Count

Regarding Seat Count:

bjt's order will be number 13 that I am aware of and I just read on the other forum, a member by the name of Jeff1 just placed his order so we are up to 14 now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

dltang Thanks for all your time and efforts they are very much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

I just sent in my order online so you folks can now count me as a definite order now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure you will like it. I do hear some people don't like the looks of it though. But who cares you can't see it anyway when sitting on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For know I will save the Cow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    For know I will save the Cow
    Hey Order vinyl you save a cow and get a seat..LOL

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    Could you post about this Russell Day Long group order discount on your other motorcycle forums. There may be some folks that would like to take advantage of the discount for a group order and they don't have any idea that this is available. Also, it may help our group order grow if we can get the work out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey Order vinyl you save a cow and get a seat..LOL
    They say Vinyl is final

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Lamont,
    Could you post about this Russell Day Long group order discount on your other motorcycle forums. There may be some folks that would like to take advantage of the discount for a group order and they don't have any idea that this is available. Also, it may help our group order grow if we can get the work out.

Great idea dltang! this would benifit lots of people besides just spyder owners.

Spyder Garage

Add me to the list, dltang, I just ordered mine. Thanks for all your work on this.

Spyder Garage

15 confirmed and counting. If you hear of any additions let us know.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What did you guys do steal Nancys Toy's avitar? Or are you just starting a new 3-wheeler club?

Spyder Garage

What did you guys do steal Nancys Toy's avitar? Or are you just starting a new 3-wheeler club?

He told us he had a Russell "Day Long" installed on his trike so we rode down to his place to test it out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    He told us he had a Russell "Day Long" installed on his trike so we rode down to his place to test it out.