Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone know of any foldable trailers?

Does anyone know of any foldable trailers for hauling the Spyder?

Saw another post about this a few weeks ago. Someone suggested a trailer (from a mfg. in Texas I believe). I could kick myself for not bookmarking the comment. It was a foldable trailer to reduce storage in the garage.

Does anyone know of any foldable trailers? It was made specifically for Trikes.

I tried every combination of searches I could think of before I posted again.

Please Help !!
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 04-14-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

The Ultimate Trailers can fold, have an air ride system for loading and unloading. We own one. Good quality product.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Default Searching..!!

Try the search feature here and you may find the several that have been posted for sale. Google search as well. Kendon trailers are great I think they were out of Texas..happy hunting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I have the droptail, which folds up and it's works great. I just purchased this at the recommendation of other forum members.

http://www.droptailtrailers.com/shop...y-trailer.html

DSC_0010_1.jpg
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YIRYDE View Post
    I have the droptail, which folds up and it's works great. I just purchased this at the recommendation of other forum members.

http://www.droptailtrailers.com/shop...y-trailer.html

DSC_0010_1.jpg
    Plus one for the Drop Tail, back half lowers so no tall ramps or moveable ramps to fool with.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The dummy doesn't even know their own product line

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Try the search feature here and you may find the several that have been posted for sale. Google search as well. Kendon trailers are great I think they were out of Texas..happy hunting...
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am looking into both the Kendon Trailer and the Drop Tail.

However, I wanted to share an amusing story with everyone on Spyderlovers.com

I found a Kendon trailier on Amazon that I thought would fit the bill, but I wasn't sure so I sent an email to the selling company (Motorcycle Parts Superstore). Amazon said to include the ASIN (not sure what that stands for, but I did include that product number) and a description of the product I was talking about. I used the product description that Motorcycle Parts Superstore included in their Amazon AD: Kendon Trailers Dual Rail Trailer BB207

So here is the response I got from this learned SUPERSTORE:

__________________________________________________ _______________________

--- Original message ---

ASIN: B000WK4DVA

Is this trailer suitable for a 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5? Or do you have a trailer that is?

Kendon Trailers Dual Rail Trailer BB207

--- THEIR RESPONSE ---

Subject: RE: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer F****** *********

The dry weight of this trailer is 400 pounds without anything on it. I wouldnt advise pulling this trailer with your bike.

The dummy doesn't even know their own product line or what this trailer is used for apparently! Whoever answered thought I wanted to pull the trailer, not use it to transport my motorcycle which is what it is designed for... LOL

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like you got a lot of feedback - here's another - hope it's not a repeat!

Aluma makes a foldable trailer MC2F....I think this would work for the Spyder....my friend has one for his Gold Wing and it's for 2 motorcycles and stores upright in his garage.

Good hunting for the "best" trailer....let us know what you decide after gathering all the facts. I am going to face this decision in a couple of years!

http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-t...e-trailer.html

I have info on the Ultimate trailer as well....a little pricy, but very nice to lower so you can drive on.....
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 04-28-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    The Ultimate Trailers can fold, have an air ride system for loading and unloading. We own one. Good quality product.
    I have looked and have the price info on Ultimate Trailers......I will need one in about 2 years....what's your feedback after owning one? I would get an open trailer, not enclosed. Looks like a great trailer, but a little on the high $ side.

I am trying to decide among these 3 at this time:

- Ultimate Trailer
    - Droptail Trailer
    - Aluma MC2F Trailer

All of these are foldable. Any input you have as an "owner" of the Ultimate trailer would be helpful! Thanks!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Aluma folding
    http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-t...e-trailer.html

I own an Aluma open trailer and they are built very well. They're made in Bancroft, IA which is only about 40 miles away from my house
    Last edited by ARCTIC; 04-28-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Not suitable if I am reading specs correctly....

Quote Originally Posted by JLSpyder2012 View Post
    Aluma makes a foldable trailer MC2F....I think this would work for the Spyder....
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    First, thanks for your suggestion. However, I followed your link and the manufacturer's specs state #800 lb compacity (or am I reading this wrong - which I could be). Funny, the weight capability isn't more obvious. Maybe they are talking about the jack stand weight capability? or what am I missing here?

• 1-3000# Rubber torsion axle - No brakes - Easy lube hubs
    • ST205/75R14 LRC Carlisle rad trail (1760# cap/tire)
    • Phantom aluminum wheels, 5-4.5 BHP
    • Aluminum fenders
    • Extruded aluminum floor
    • 5) Tie-down loops
    • Recessed tie-down loop
    • Aluminum ramp (27-5/8" wide x 47-1/2" long)
    • Aluminum salt shield /rock guard (24" tall)
    • 2' Motorcycle bracket
    • LED Lighting package, safety chains
    • 2" Straight foldable coupler
    • Swivel tongue jack, 800# capacity
    • Overall length = 140", width = 94"
    • Overall stand-up height = 89.5"

Spyder specs says 929 lbs empty so unless I am misunderstanding specs.... this trailer isn't suitable.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 04-28-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am looking into both the Kendon Trailer and the Drop Tail.

However, I wanted to share an amusing story with everyone on Spyderlovers.com

I found a Kendon trailier on Amazon that I thought would fit the bill, but I wasn't sure so I sent an email to the selling company (Motorcycle Parts Superstore). Amazon said to include the ASIN (not sure what that stands for, but I did include that product number) and a description of the product I was talking about. I used the product description that Motorcycle Parts Superstore included in their Amazon AD: Kendon Trailers Dual Rail Trailer BB207

So here is the response I got from this learned SUPERSTORE:

--- Original message ---

ASIN: B000WK4DVA

Is this trailer suitable for a 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM5? Or do you have a trailer that is?

Kendon Trailers Dual Rail Trailer BB207

--- THEIR RESPONSE ---

Subject: RE: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer F****** *********

The dry weight of this trailer is 400 pounds without anything on it. I wouldnt advise pulling this trailer with your bike.

The dummy doesn't even know their own product line or what this trailer is used for apparently! Whoever answered thought I wanted to pull the trailer, not use it to transport my motorcycle which is what it is designed for... LOL
    So this is the reply I got from Motorcycle Parts Superstore:

Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 4:50 PM
    To: F****** ********
    Subject: Re: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer Franklin R
    Caltrider

Sorry. People ask a lot of stupid questions on here.

LOL.. so is he saying my question is dumb? or stupid?

Did you notice - they never answered my question?

I guess the Kendon Trailer isn't suitable? Or at least the one I was looking at?

This is so bizarre !!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got this Answer from a Kendon Dealer

GOT THIS ANSWER FROM Motorcycle Parts Superstore AFTER I RESPONDED TO THEM CALLING THEIR CUSTOMERS STUPID and implying my question was STUPID (with no hint they were going to respond with a correct answer to my question).

I called Kendon and they said they did not make a trailer at this time for the Spyder. I have a Droptail Powersport 2200 for $3075 plus $180 shipping it is made for the Spyder

--- Original message ---

??? So what is the answer ???? It was suggested to me this trailer might
    be suitable. I am asking you?

Spyder Garage

First, thanks for your suggestion. However, I followed your link and the manufacturer's specs state #800 lb compacity (or am I reading this wrong - which I could be). Funny, the weight capability isn't more obvious. Maybe they are talking about the jack stand weight capability? or what am I missing here?

• 1-3000# Rubber torsion axle - No brakes - Easy lube hubs
    • ST205/75R14 LRC Carlisle rad trail (1760# cap/tire)
    • Phantom aluminum wheels, 5-4.5 BHP
    • Aluminum fenders
    • Extruded aluminum floor
    • 5) Tie-down loops
    • Recessed tie-down loop
    • Aluminum ramp (27-5/8" wide x 47-1/2" long)
    • Aluminum salt shield /rock guard (24" tall)
    • 2' Motorcycle bracket
    • LED Lighting package, safety chains
    • 2" Straight foldable coupler
    • Swivel tongue jack, 800# capacity
    • Overall length = 140", width = 94"
    • Overall stand-up height = 89.5"

Spyder specs says 929 lbs empty so unless I am misunderstanding specs.... this trailer isn't suitable.
    That's the jack capacity. The trailer will haul 3,000 - 520 =2,480 lbs
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Look at the ramp size for the Aluma trailer, it's too narrow for the Spyder by about a foot.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma

That's the jack capacity. The trailer will haul 3,000 - 520 =2,480 lbs
    And works great! Add a third ramp, Spyder goes right on!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    And works great! Add a third ramp, Spyder goes right on!
    Call Aluma I bet they'd put a bigger ramp on for ya

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm planning on getting one of these to pull behind my motorhome when I get my spyder, the manufacturer assured a spyder will fit on it
    http://store.condor-lift.com/product...7D-Ramp-System

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I can't believe it is wide enough...

Quote Originally Posted by revlimitr View Post
    I'm planning on getting one of these to pull behind my motorhome when I get my spyder, the manufacturer assured a spyder will fit on it
    http://store.condor-lift.com/product...7D-Ramp-System
    Sorry, but looking at the video and pictures, I can't believe this is wide enough. Maybe its the angle the photos and video were shot from, but would help if their website wasn't so broken.

It would help if the manufacturer showed the specs on their website but I couldn't find.

The link to the manual is BROKEN and if the specs are in there, you can't view.

The link to product reviews is BROKEN too! What good is a website if you can't navigate it?

You can view some of the pictures, but not all. BROKEN! Slow loading website?

Tried 2 different browsers and got same results! I presume they build better trailers then they do websites?
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 04-29-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, but looking at the video and pictures, I can't believe this is wide enough. Maybe its the angle the photos and video were shot from, but would help if their website wasn't so broken.

It would help if the manufacturer showed the specs on their website but I couldn't find.

The link to the manual is BROKEN and if the specs are in there, you can't view.

The link to product reviews is BROKEN too! What good is a website if you can't navigate it?

You can view some of the pictures, but not all. BROKEN! Slow loading website?

Tried 2 different browsers and got same results! I presume they build better trailers then they do websites?
    Haha I hope so! I actually saw the t ramp in person at the DC Motorcycle show and was able to kinda eyeball it (the can am display was nearby) it looks like it will be a close fit but since I don't yet have my spyder I didnt bother scrutinizing the measurements.

Also I think the t ramp is still in pre production but they according to the builders they are selling them on a per order basis. I am hoping by the time I get my spyder they will have sold enough t-ramps to do a full production run and I will look into the measurements further.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Haha I hope so! I actually saw the t ramp in person at the DC Motorcycle show and was able to kinda eyeball it (the can am display was nearby) it looks like it will be a close fit but since I don't yet have my spyder I didnt bother scrutinizing the measurements.

Also I think the t ramp is still in pre production but they according to the builders they are selling them on a per order basis. I am hoping by the time I get my spyder they will have sold enough t-ramps to do a full production run and I will look into the measurements further.

Hopefully they offer a model that is wider than the one shown in the YouTube video.........

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully they offer a model that is wider than the one shown in the YouTube video.........
    Me too , the '14 RT's are wider than the '13s right?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Haha I hope so!
    it looks like it will be a close fit but since I don't yet have my Spyder I didnt bother scrutinizing the measurements
    I will look into the measurements further.
    Me too , the '14 RT's are wider than the '13s right?
    Well - Would help if they had the specs on their website where we could all read and learn. But, I am telling you - it won't work based upon what I saw in the link you provided.

Just curious...you saw from afar? And you don't know the price? You don't know when it will actually be available? And even you suggest it will be a "close" fit?

With all the bells and whistles I saw, I suspect the cost will be prohibitive over other recommendations I saw here. Plus not a fan of being "first in line" for a product that has not been road-tested.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 04-29-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just looked, you are right it won't work

The t ramp is 58" inches wide, 68" between the fenders and the spyder 61" ? wide. Like I said I didn't pay too close attention to the dimensions because everything else I would use it for would fit andi wasnt looking too seriously at the spyder at the time.

Invalid Emails
    In the hills South of Edinburgh, Scotland
    Spyder Garage

I just sold my folding trailer this evening (it's 9pm here). I sold it as it's only 4' wide - great for the Can-Am Outlander, useless for the Spyder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD