Thread: New record??

Spyder Garage

Default New record??

Ok so may be not a new short record but a long one. Only 4 hours for my first oil change. I used to change oil on jet engines and it was easier than this. But now that I know what I am doing the next one should only take an hour. It was some much fun to get outside and dirty can't wait till the next one.

Spyder Garage

The process does seem a little daunting for non-mechanics like me. Have not done one yet.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I did my first one two weeks ago. It's not hard but time consuming the first time. Check, double check that you are messing with the right stuff. Check, double check the torque, etc. Still.....saves some serious dough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Default A Little Daunting...At First

Performed my 10,000 mile check myself. My Dealer was more than willing to provide all the information I needed. Your right, it DOES save some serious coin. And you get the satisfaction of knowing you completed it all on your own. (Something I am very fond of) If you are a novice at this sort of thing, there are plenty of videos on this site and YouTube, as well. Most (if not all) of the instructional videos will walk you through almost anything Spyder.
    "Ride Safe, Ride Long, and Ride Often...Be Free on Three"
    ValCruzSpyder
    2012 RTS-SE5 Pure Magnesium