Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT-S Check Engine

Has anyone ever had pay out of pocket to replace the throttle body on their Spyder? I have a 2010 RT-S starting to have issues with mine giving me the check engine light for code P1614 and just trying to figure out how much I'm about to be in debt for lol

Spyder Garage

Default I have

Yes,my Pyder had codes indicating TPS errors. Only fix is a new TB. With labor mine came out to about $1100.00. But this is also after ~48K miles.And no, BRP did not offer to assist aside from getting the part to the dealer as soon as possible. Break out the plastic...

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry...
    If your dealer is sympathetic; they might try to work with you on th labor charges... but thats a big "IF".
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I took it yesterday for diagnosis. They confirmed that it is the throttle body. He didn't charge me for the diagnosis stating that he is going to contact BRP and hope that they will cover it. As far as the possibility, he said "it depends on who he talks to". I'm thinking positive since he chose not to charge me for the one hour of diagnosis... *Fingers Crossed*

Spyder Garage

I should find out tomorrow afternoon if BRP is going to help me out replacing the throttle body or not. Everyone say a word of prayer for me please!