Spyder Garage

Exclamation Beware of NY state route 220 between Oxford and McDonough

First nice warm day of the year. I decided to take State route 220 home and play in the corners. Came around a corner hard on the throttle, the sun shining through the trees and life is good..................or so I thought. The mixture of shade and sun across the road obscured the fact that there were 12 inch high waves running here and there. No big deal I slowed down and cruised for the rest of my ride on that road. When I got home I noticed what looked like oil around my rear shock. Not much, but enough to show a problem. When I push down on the back of the roadster it sprays a little of the fluid out of the shock. But this is not the worst of it. I called three separate spyder dealers and, not only did none of them have it in stock, I had to explain to each of them that my 2012 RS-S was in fact a Can Am Spyder. One of the shops even thought it was a Kawasaki. Are you kidding me???!!! I guess I will be ordering a shock and fixing this myself.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

Hibernation must have dried out the seals or they were going anyway. Glad you made it safely along 220. Check online for shocks ebay, anazon etc. They have good deals. Be safe..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Parts seem to be a bit of a problem. Dealer had to order rear tire and headlight lamps the last time I did work on the

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Chad, get an Elka. Sure helped mine, especially riding 2 up.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Elka is the only way to go!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black