Spyder Garage

Default Spider repair update

Now the dealer has had my Spyder over 4 weeks now. Called the service department yesterday but no one answered. After on hold for ten minutes, I hung up as I was doing some shopping.

Today I called them back and asked for the service department. Put on hold. After several minutes the female service writer picked up. I asked her if Humpty Dumpty was put back together yet? She said she would check and put me on hold. After several more minutes the phone was ringing. Huh? Then there was nothing. I looked at my phone to see I had been disconnected. So, I called back. I told the guy who answered the phone, what happened. He put me on hold for the service department....again. A couple of minutes later the ringing started again. I let ring about 20 times and then I hung up.

So, in the truck I go to the dealer. I asked to see the owner or manager. The guy I was talking to indicated that he was in charge. I told him what happened. He got on the phone and called the two service people up stairs to the showroom. She apologized for not calling me back because she forgot. Really? They said that all the parts were in to fix my Spyder but are not sure if it wil be covered under warranty? It's only the third time I've had it in there for a clutch repair in eight months. The first time BRP covered the repair including a new battery and radiator. Still trying to figure out how the radiator works with the clutch? The alarm didn't work and the trailer module died the day after I picked it up. There was oil leaking too.

I just hope they can do it right this time with no clutch chattering and no oil leaking of oil out of the bottom?

I'm leaving for SpyderFest next Monday!

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

They kinda got you but you should go elsewhere if possible. They really don't seem to care much about your problem. If they messed up your radiator it should go on their record not yours. The radiator has nothing to do with the clutch..strange place sorry your having to deal with them...good luck hope your on the road soon...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer

​Would you mind giving the dealer name so we can avoid them?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I smell bad?????????????????????
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

There was no charge for the radiator or battery. It was included under the warranty repair which was over $1500.

Spyder Garage

Service writer girl called to say that my Spyder "shifts like a dream".
    The tech wants to drive it home to make SURE it's going to be really OK.
    Maybe a bad choice, but I said yes. She said it be only 50 miles total.
    Be ready in the morning for me to pick up.

I asked her if he messes it up do I get a new 2014 RT?
    Last edited by Cavman; 04-10-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck I hope they got it right for you this time.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Dealer from hell!

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    ​Would you mind giving the dealer name so we can avoid them?
    I hope he does too! No person deserves that sort of service for any product or manufacturer.

l

Spyder Garage

You would think so Bob?

Spyder Garage

Here is hoping they get the issues solved to your satisfaction. Unbelievable customer service. "I forgot...." O Yeah!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Service writer girl called to say that my Spyder "shifts like a dream".
    The tech wants to drive it home to make SURE it's going to be really OK.
    Maybe a bad choice, but I said yes. She said it be only 50 miles total.
    Be ready in the morning for me to pick up.

I asked her if he messes it up do I get a new 2014 RT?
    I'm glad to hear that is ready for you to ride.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Picked up the Spyder today. Ouch! That was expensive!! Seems that BEST does NOT cover any clutch repairs. I'd like to see a copy of a BEST policy. I bought my Spyder pre-owned.

Found out tonight that the alarm LED is dimly glowing and it's not supposed to be doing that. The alarm will activate and the LED blinks like it should. Since it was getting dark, I will have to look into the LED problem tomorrow. I'll also have to see if the Tech did any other creative re-wiring like he did eight months ago on the original repair?

I'm guessing I will need to replace the batteries in the GloRiders at some point. I may wait for SpyderFest to do it.

Spyder Garage

Picked up the Spyder today. Ouch! That was expensive!! Seems that BEST does NOT cover any clutch repairs. I'd like to see a copy of a BEST policy. I bought my Spyder pre-owned.

Found out tonight that the alarm LED is dimly glowing and it's not supposed to be doing that. The alarm will activate and the LED blinks like it should. Since it was getting dark, I will have to look into the LED problem tomorrow. I'll also have to see if the Tech did any other creative re-wiring like he did eight months ago on the original repair?

I'm guessing I will need to replace the batteries in the GloRiders at some point. I may wait for SpyderFest to do it.
    Sorry to hear that. My extended warranty does not cover the clutch. Ride safe & shoot straight.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Typically wear items are not covered by warranties. Clutches fall into that category.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Now the dealer has had my Spyder over 4 weeks now. Called the service department yesterday but no one answered. After on hold for ten minutes, I hung up as I was doing some shopping.

Today I called them back and asked for the service department. Put on hold. After several minutes the female service writer picked up. I asked her if Humpty Dumpty was put back together yet? She said she would check and put me on hold. After several more minutes the phone was ringing. Huh? Then there was nothing. I looked at my phone to see I had been disconnected. So, I called back. I told the guy who answered the phone, what happened. He put me on hold for the service department....again. A couple of minutes later the ringing started again. I let ring about 20 times and then I hung up.

So, in the truck I go to the dealer. I asked to see the owner or manager. The guy I was talking to indicated that he was in charge. I told him what happened. He got on the phone and called the two service people up stairs to the showroom. She apologized for not calling me back because she forgot. Really? They said that all the parts were in to fix my Spyder but are not sure if it wil be covered under warranty? It's only the third time I've had it in there for a clutch repair in eight months. The first time BRP covered the repair including a new battery and radiator. Still trying to figure out how the radiator works with the clutch? The alarm didn't work and the trailer module died the day after I picked it up. There was oil leaking too.

I just hope they can do it right this time with no clutch chattering and no oil leaking of oil out of the bottom?

I'm leaving for SpyderFest next Monday!
    Cavman, I think you need to go East to get GOOD service, you know what I mean, Conyers my friend Conyers, since you live in Mayretta, you probally bought there, go east my friend, Midnightbreeze50

Spyder Garage

Midnight,
    I purchased my Spyder pre-owned from a dealer in NC that was selling it on consignment.
    I will be seeking another dealer if I need some other type of service.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't know that this will help....but....the 2013 ST would clattered on take off and reverse.....BRP tried everything.....replacing clutch and said that was the nature of the beast....but when I needed a rear tire....my husband went to turn the wheel bearings and they would not turn.....he shaved a small amount off pipe that fits in axle...no more clattering....it was causing the clutch to work too hard

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I don't know that this will help....but....the 2013 ST would clattered on take off and reverse.....BRP tried everything.....replacing clutch and said that was the nature of the beast....but when I needed a rear tire....my husband went to turn the wheel bearings and they would not turn.....he shaved a small amount off pipe that fits in axle...no more clattering....it was causing the clutch to work too hard
    Thanks for the tip, I'll put that on my maintenance work sheet. Your husband is really great, he should write BRP and give them the fix. We are still working on the air scoops to cool area behind the engine and get the gas in the tank cool down to safe levels. The one guy in the group is working on heat shield for above the catalytic converter and exhaust pipes under the gas tank. The best we have done so far is removing the foam from the inside panels and replace it with Thermo-Tec Heat and Sound Suppressor and installed it on the bottom of the gas tank. I also used header tape on the front header pipe to right above the drive belt and rear header taped that to where goes past the master brake cylinder about 8 inches.

Mike

Spyder Garage

If I recall correctly, BMP was the big delay here, per previous posts. They wanted the parts so they could review what was happening. That took 2 or 3 weeks. That is certainly unacceptable, but hard to blame on the dealer. I've had 43,000 miles of outstanding service. The head Spyder technician dude is a winner and the dealership might not be quite perfect, but darn few of us are.

Spyder Garage

Here I am at SpyderFest. After the wedding was over, I stopped at Steak 'N Shake tp pick up some dinner. I start the Spyder and what do I see? A yellow light pop up with a code for the transmission. I guess some people can't seem to fix anything right?
    turned it off and walked away with the key. Started it back up and there was no more of a problem.....yet? I haven't even put ten mile on the bike for this to happen since I picked it up several weeks ago.

Spyder Garage

It happened again Saturday night when leaving that farewell event at the hotel and again this morning at home.

I sent an email to the dealer a while ago letting them know about the warning light coming on. This after three tries for fixing the clutch system.

I'm thinking for taking the Spyder to Kevin at Cowtown to see what he can make of my problem? I talked to him three weeks ago when I was on my way to Front Sight in NV.

Spyder Garage

Now that I have had my Spyder home for a few days, I have some new discoveries. After I picked up the Spyder in September, my Gorilla alarm didn't work anymore. So, at my expense, I replaced it with another one.
    After the last repair, I noticed that the alarm indicator light glows weakly. It's not supposed to do that when it's not armed. It would blink when I armed it. But the key fob unit would only work when I was next to the bike. Now it's not working at all. I can't get the alarm to arm. Another killed alarm by the dealer?

Driving around the last couple of days, I noticed that the radio does not increase in volume as it use to do when under way. I guess they mucked that up too?

I got on the dealer's website in their contact section and sent them a note about the transmission light warning going off several times. They acknowledged the note but I'm still waiting for a reply.

I will pull the Tupperware off to try and see what is going on with the alarm? Also to see if the tech 're-wired' anything again?

Spyder Garage

On my way to SpyderFest I stopped in at Cowtown and met and talked to Kevin their Guru Tech. He said if it was a catastrophic failure of the clutch system, they would have to change out the transmission cooler (radiator) because of debris. That explained it better for me and makes sense.

It's been a week since I got an acknowledgement of my contact from Freedom Power Sports in Kennesaw and I have heard not one word from them?
    I have had the transmission light come on six times so far. I checked the oil level yesterday and it was fine.

Looks like I will have to purchase a third alarm system? The guys on SpyderMates were talking about another brand that does more than the Gorilla units I bought. I will check into them.