Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    First fill-up with my 1330/6-speed RT: 35.3 mpg
    Seriously Bob? You do not own a ST why keep bragging about the 1330 it is getting old we know what it gets but most of us can't afford the upgrade. Quit bragging and making us that should have waited feel bad.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truckracer View Post
    Along these lines, How much fuel are you able to get in the tank? Our fuel mileage after the ECM reflash is averaging 32 mpg. When the low fuel light comes on it holds right at 5 gallons.
    On my last ride I got 32 mpg average. I used the gps for tracking the miles and had the fuel gauge set at 170 miles with a 20 mile warning. I pulled up to the pump right as the GPS meter was down to zero and I put 5.3 gallons in. 170 miles/5.3gallons = 32mpg I honestly thought I was completely out of gas when I was 5 miles away. Evidently I could have gone another 20 or so miles? Is 6 gallons the magic number to usable fuel????
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    On my last ride I got 32 mpg average. I used the gps for tracking the miles and had the fuel gauge set at 170 miles with a 20 mile warning. I pulled up to the pump right as the GPS meter was down to zero and I put 5.3 gallons in. 170 miles/5.3gallons = 32mpg I honestly thought I was completely out of gas when I was 5 miles away. Evidently I could have gone another 20 or so miles? Is 6 gallons the magic number to usable fuel????
    Yes the other .6 is head room for the evap system.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default STL 2013 vs STL 2014

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Dont know what changed, but I went from consistant mid 20,s to 30+. I am not doing anything different and now the last 4 tanks have been 30 to 32. I am certainly not going to complain about that.
    Thinking of purchasing (soon) a 2013 vs 2014 STL - any thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    Thinking of purchasing (soon) a 2013 vs 2014 STL - any thoughts?
    They are pretty much the same bike but the 2014 has side panels with an additional air induction scoop to assist in reducing the heat buildup inside the bodywork & engine compartment. The 13's have a $4,000 discount on them right now
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    They are pretty much the same bike but the 2014 has side panels with an additional air induction scoop to assist in reducing the heat buildup inside the bodywork & engine compartment. The 13's have a $4,000 discount on them right now
    Is it expensive to get new side panels to relieve the "heat" everyone talks about for $4k savings?
    Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    Is it expensive to get new side panels to relieve the "heat" everyone talks about for $4k savings?
    Thank you
    If you search around for some of the online retailers you can get them for $700(ish). Make sure that your 13 is a color that's still available in 14 tho

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's that thread about the side panels:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ew-Side-panels

There's a lot of reading in there...
    But the savings on the 2013 will MORE than pay for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default fuel milage

I have a 13 ST 3100 miles. 34.5 mpg average
    2016 F3L , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My mileage seemed to really improve

after the 1000 mile mark.