Thread: Anti Sway Bar

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anti Sway Bar

Thanks to everybody that suggested that I install the BOJARONanti sway bar. WOW what a difference it made. I had to go to the dealer inBensalem yesterday, that would be north of Philly. Its about a 40 minute ride up RT 95 and it wasvery windy. The Bike ran straight as an arrow. I had a friend help me installit and saved the $278.00. I was told that the whole front end had to come off.That was the reason that the labor would be so high. Guess I’ll be looking fora new shop. 2013 STS.

Spyder Garage

Default No way..!!

They install easy enough. You can pull the whole front end but don't have to. They do make a great difference and as you get used to it it gets better. Don't be surprised if you wake up the nanny going into the corners..enjoy your ryde..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So; what's next on the Farkle-List?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RADIO

I understand that all of the wiring needed is under the handle bars. If I pop for the RADIO, is that something I can do myself or dose it have to go to the shop. They want 1000.00 installed.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have an RT and don't use the radio that much since getting bluetooth for the helmets. We stream music from our phones to the headsets. Headsets are also available with FM radio built in. Talk to Motorcycle Dave for great prices. Just a suggestion of course.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth

I have a Helmet Bluetooth, guess I'll have to learn how to use it. She who commands is starting to get a little annoyed about the bucks I'm spending. Just popped for the comfort seat with backrest for her.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default OMG

Received it this afternoon( Baja Ron anti sway bar) , installed it this evening, (easy install on 2010 RS), wow.
    Totally different, stability and handling noticeable immediately.
    I guess everybody's posts were right..
    I must add that the instructions were great and easy to follow....
    Last edited by PLZDVM; 04-11-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Spyder Garage

I've been told the shop manual states that the Frunk needs to come off for a Sway Bar install. Absolutely NOT TRUE!

Other than the 2008-2012 RS (which is very easy to pull the Frunk but still not necessary), I HIGHLY recommend that you NOT pull the Frunk! Not only is it a waste of time, energy and money if you're paying for the job. But you risk damaging all that pretty Tupperware. And for what? For absolutely nothing. There is zero advantage and quite a bit of disadvantage to pulling the Frunk on anything but the 08-12 RS models.

Most dealerships (that know what they are doing) will charge 1 to 1.5 hours labor for the job.

Doing your research here on Spyderlovers can save you a TON of money, get you the mod you wanted the 1st time, and make your entire Spyder experience a much better one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...