Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rugame2c View Post
    So it looks like I did have the pins in wrong which is why I blew a fuse??
    Yep, accidentally connecting power to ground will do it every time! That's why every circuit needs to be protected by a fuse!

I think you've got it made now!
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you may have got it if they still don't work I can pull off the panels and take pics of the connectors and location but there pretty much plug and play once the connector is assembled

I did the BRP HIDS on my 13 that took a little bit of figuring but still wasn't hard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Yep, accidentally connecting power to ground will do it every time! That's why every circuit needs to be protected by a fuse!

I think you've got it made now!
    YEESSS!!!!! They work!!!!

Thanks for all of your help!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Sounds like you may have got it if they still don't work I can pull off the panels and take pics of the connectors and location but there pretty much plug and play once the connector is assembled

I did the BRP HIDS on my 13 that took a little bit of figuring but still wasn't hard
    Yes,.. Finally!! At least now I know more about the bike and taking it apart. I will most likely upgrade to HIDs soon. For now, are there any upgraded replacement bulbs that will give you better output than stock ones? I also installed the tricled light rings and difference of the two is very noticeable.

Spyder Garage

Default Fog lights won't work

There are better bulbs you can get , just watch going higher wattage could damage the wiring due to the higher amp draw.

If you wanna do HIDS depending on what you decide I would just go for those . Sylvania silver star bulbs are almost $50 a set the aftermarket HID kits don't cost much more then that. I installed the BRP hid kit and thats the way to go if you wanna swing the extra cost. I got mine from a dealer that was on clearance since BRP say they only fit 2012

I can tell you that they do work on 2013 by simply cutting and soldiering the 2 small jumper headlight harness. If you can soldier the wiring is a piece of cake.

Install is little involved since you replacing both the headlight assemblies and not just adding bulbs and ballasts.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rugame2c View Post
    YEESSS!!!!! They work!!!!

Thanks for all of your help!!

Glad I could help. I'd hate to think all the time I spent poring over the wiring diagram would have been wasted!! Thanks for getting back with all the pics and such. That really helped me get it figured out!
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    There are better bulbs you can get , just watch going higher wattage could damage the wiring due to the higher amp draw.

If you wanna do HIDS depending on what you decide I would just go for those . Sylvania silver star bulbs are almost $50 a set the aftermarket HID kits don't cost much more then that. I installed the BRP hid kit and thats the way to go if you wanna swing the extra cost. I got mine from a dealer that was on clearance since BRP say they only fit 2012

I can tell you that they do work on 2013 by simply cutting and soldiering the 2 small jumper headlight harness. If you can soldier the wiring is a piece of cake.

Install is little involved since you replacing both the headlight assemblies and not just adding bulbs and ballasts.
    Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post

Glad I could help. I'd hate to think all the time I spent poring over the wiring diagram would have been wasted!! Thanks for getting back with all the pics and such. That really helped me get it figured out!
    Just submitting a pic of all of my hard work!!

Spyder Garage

Looks good
    Like the hallo LEDs

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links