Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

You don't owe this dealership one copper cent of support from now on. I doubt the owner will care in one way or another what you say. His people will tell him you are lying and he will take their word for it. Why do I say this? Because if the owner cared about his customers this would not have happened to you or any other of his customers. Cut and run to one that others can tell is worth your time and money to do the job right. Too many of them blame BRP for all of their stupidity and greed. Had this dealer had all his cards in the deck, before you would have had to go there, from your phone calls he would have had an answer from BRP as to what was or was not covered.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder47 View Post
    Welcome! Great bikes, service is horrendous in way too many places! Got another one you can try? Have 2 here in Phoenix' northwest valley and they both stink
    RideNow (2 Can AM Spyder dealerships in Tucson) both bad to terrible. Tucson Can AM Spyder folks have to go to Sierra Cycles, Sierra, AZ 250 mile round trip for service.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave92253 View Post
    I forgot. They only charged me $500 for the service
    500 for an oil change? Or 500 for oil change and CB install?

Spyder Garage

The day I picked the new Spyder up at the dealership and had to go back over everything after I got it off the trailer at home, was the day I decided they was never going to touch it again except for major recalls or warranty repairs. If they do that, it will be spelled out in writing exactly what they will do before they start. I can do better work while reading the repair manual.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Dave probably wouldn’t remember, Carbonation......that post is 6 years old

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Even tho the post is old, it seems to be an ongoing problem. Either dealers don't know, don't care, or all the above. I am still waiting for a call from the dealer in Wilmington Ohio about a software upgrade to my 2018. Been a few months and I got it done at another place in about two hours. As us newbees become more familiar with our new technology, those of us who can or want to, will do more and more of our own maintenance. I went thru the same dealer BS when I had wings for years and years. Would NEVER take it to a dealer unless it was something I just could not do, a warranty issue, or recall. These guys are putting themselves out of biz with their cavalier and arrogant attitudes too. Rant over.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had your Location status not said Calif, I'd havce assumed you were dealing with the dealership where I bought my RTL. Just insert different items going missing, not on job sheets etc etc etc.

It is just plain incompetence nothing more nothing less. Dont let them off the hook, squeeze them for something in return for the stuff up and inconvenience
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Dave probably wouldn’t remember, Carbonation......that post is 6 years old

Pete
    Yep, and dealers haven't changed much in all that time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    3000 mile service is +/- $300 based on location on RT these days. I was quoted $2500 for CB install two years ago - I said, no thank you to that price (it included the CB unit).
    9000 mile service is +/- $300 as well.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was in the service center next to my RT which was still up in the air and had just finished receiving it's 3k mile service. The service manager and the service tech were both there with me and I asked if I could have a battery tended lead installed in the frunk. The service manager said yea, that will be $100's. The service tech turned and walked away and I told the manager that at price you'll likely never see me again. The 3k service was ok at only $300. I went to the salesman I bought the spyder from and he said he'd have battery tender lead installed for me next time I was in for no cost at all. When I went back in at 7K miles for a new rear tire, the parts department, sales and closing department and service department were all staffed with new faces. Only the BRP service tech was a familiar face, everyone else had been replaced. Several months later I happened across one of the service department employees who'd previously worked at the dealership. I asked him why he no longer worked there? He told me, minimum wages, little or no benefits and no ability for advancement. My wife worked at an auto dealership as a bookkeeper for many years. I asked her about employee turnover. She said sadly most of the younger workers were flakes. The mechanics were all union and were well paid and received good benefits. The sales staff and parts people came and went all the time but the good ones hung around because they made money for the dealership and were paid well for it. This is just a small insight as to why some dealerships have problems. It all comes from the top down.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I was in the service center next to my RT which was still up in the air and had just finished receiving it's 3k mile service. The service manager and the service tech were both there with me and I asked if I could have a battery tended lead installed in the frunk. The service manager said yea, that will be $100's. The service tech turned and walked away and I told the manager that at price you'll likely never see me again. The 3k service was ok at only $300. I went to the salesman I bought the spyder from and he said he'd have battery tender lead installed for me next time I was in for no cost at all. When I went back in at 7K miles for a new rear tire, the parts department, sales and closing department and service department were all staffed with new faces. Only the BRP service tech was a familiar face, everyone else had been replaced. Several months later I happened across one of the service department employees who'd previously worked at the dealership. I asked him why he no longer worked there? He told me, minimum wages, little or no benefits and no ability for advancement. My wife worked at an auto dealership as a bookkeeper for many years. I asked her about employee turnover. She said sadly most of the younger workers were flakes. The mechanics were all union and were well paid and received good benefits. The sales staff and parts people came and went all the time but the good ones hung around because they made money for the dealership and were paid well for it. This is just a small insight as to why some dealerships have problems. It all comes from the top down.
    This is pretty much the way automotive dealerships work. Not my place to question it, since obviously it works for the business owner.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

For those in IL. I used Docksie Marine in Wilmington IL as far as I am concerned excellant, Now they deal in ll things BRP snowmobiles jet skis and boats you have t hope you dont get them during one of the changeover seasons as thye get swamped but thye let you know that. the owner and saleman are great FYI
    2013 RT Limited
    Lamonster FBB with larger gripper pegs
    Value Accessories dah mount
    Custom Dynamics High Mount brake light
    BRP passenger arm rests

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are some posters here who have successfully worked through a number of bad (difficult) dealership experiences. But keep in mind, there are many more difficult customers than there are difficult dealers. Dropping off a case or two of soft drinks at the service department, or springing for a 1/2 dozen sandwiches or so when the lunch wagon roll in, can and will help some of those dealership difficulties fade away.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a thought, a reward for good work. No kidding, it is an incentive. However, we have one in Lakeland I do not think anything would work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    There are some posters here who have successfully worked through a number of bad (difficult) dealership experiences. But keep in mind, there are many more difficult customers than there are difficult dealers. Dropping off a case or two of soft drinks at the service department, or springing for a 1/2 dozen sandwiches or so when the lunch wagon roll in, can and will help some of those dealership difficulties fade away.
    Couldn’t agree more, 2dogs. It’s a very small outlay in the whole scheme of things.....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I don't agree. You should not need to bribe the dealership to perform work which is their obligation to begin with.

Slow work, sloppy work, work that is sub-standard will be hard for the dealership to overcome and eventually it will affect their business.

They are in the service business. If people get poor service, they should not need to bribe the workers with treats.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I don't agree. You should not need to bribe the dealership to perform work which is their obligation to begin with.

Slow work, sloppy work, work that is sub-standard will be hard for the dealership to overcome and eventually it will affect their business.

They are in the service business. If people get poor service, they should not need to bribe the workers with treats.
    Bribe? Seriously? If I thought I had to bribe my dealer to stop them doing sloppy work, I would be going to a new dealer. We must have a different outlook on life, GWolf. I have never had slow, sloppy or sub standard work from my dealer, so your point is moot. What it does mean is that they will go that little bit further for me. If I need something minor done, they will do it automatically. If there are 3 bikes ready for collection at the one time, my name will be called out first. It is called mutual respect.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Just keep it civil. So far, no problem.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Just keep it civil. So far, no problem.
    I’m confused, ARtraveller. If you are referring to the two posts directly above, what is even close to being uncivil to solicit your reply ?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post

I don't recall getting poor service. On a couple of occasions I had to return to have something adjusted over again or defective part replaced but it's always been done without great issue. My worst experience was with BRP's refusal to do warrantee work on my compressor system and the smart a$$ kid assistant service manager wouldn't go to bat for me with BRP. My nominal offerings to the service workers has always been returned in kind. It's like tipping a waitress because the cleanup or go-for guys don't get tips.