Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default April 12 or 13 Ride?

The Weather Channel says mid-60's and sun for NEXT weekend in their 10-day forecast. Should we officially welcome Spring with a ride on Saturday or Sunday? Given the marginal variability of temps, perhaps somewhere south for lunch, etc.? Nashville, anyone? Let's discuss it..........

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I'm ready to roll!!

I'm game if mother nature cooperates. Saturday is best for me as Sunday is Palm Sunday & I have some things to do at church.

Spyder Garage

Sunday works for me
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

Default C'mon Indiana riders, let's go ride!

See posts in Indiana forum

Spyder Garage

The twelfth would be best for me, Sundays I run the sound for my church.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Saturday...or Sunday Afternoon?

So.....given the few responses we have...and the split opinion...

This looks like our choices so far...(BTW, this doesn't have to be a long distance marathon...or a race to get anywhere special...just something to kick start the year.)

1) Late Saturday morning...ride south...lunch? -or- 2) Early Sunday afternoon...also ride south...stop for a snack? We could keep the ride to 3-4 hours with the 'rest' stop...

This is just to shake the bugs out of the webs...?

Spyder Garage

Saturday works for me also!

Spyder Garage

Default Okay...Let's do something...even if it's wrong. :-)

How about we meet later in the morning on Saturday (to let the temps catch up a bit) say 10:00 or, at the latest, 11:00...ride somewhere for lunch...then, ride back from wherever we went to lunch.

Again, going south isn't an absolute but it might make more sense (bowing to the vagaries of the sun and the temps)...

So, does anyone have a restaurant destination preference? I always like 'full menu' places where you can get any type of meal (breakfast, lunch, etc....even some of the chains are okay, like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel.)

Since I'm throwing out my preferences, I also like to minimize the use of Interstates whenever possible.

So...how about some 'for sure I'll be there' feedback and ideas for the stop.

BTW, since Missouri has the "Mo-Gang," I think we must surely be the "IN-Crowd"...always wanted to be a member of that group. :-)

Spyder Garage

I agree on all your preferences! I'm in. I'll look for some place to dine.

Spyder Garage

Default IN - Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    How about we meet later in the morning on Saturday (to let the temps catch up a bit) say 10:00 or, at the latest, 11:00...ride somewhere for lunch...then, ride back from wherever we went to lunch.

Again, going south isn't an absolute but it might make more sense (bowing to the vagaries of the sun and the temps)...

So, does anyone have a restaurant destination preference? I always like 'full menu' places where you can get any type of meal (breakfast, lunch, etc....even some of the chains are okay, like Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel.)

Since I'm throwing out my preferences, I also like to minimize the use of Interstates whenever possible.

So...how about some 'for sure I'll be there' feedback and ideas for the stop.

BTW, since Missouri has the "Mo-Gang," I think we must surely be the "IN-Crowd"...always wanted to be a member of that group. :-)
    I like that... way to go Slagiatt!!!

Spyder Garage

There's a really good BBQ place in Trafalgar, from there, we could go past Cordray-Sweetwater, then Nashville, then backroads to Morgantown, Martinsville or where ever.

john

Spyder Garage

Where are we going to meet?

Spyder Garage

Default Food and Meet-up Site

Indyron--You mentioned that you were looking for a place to eat also...If the BBQ place that John mentioned has something else on their menu besides BBQ (can you comment on the menu John?) that would be fine with me (I don't eat BBQ but usually these places have other options)...but our choices are still open since you (Ron) said you were looking into a place to eat.

As far as meeting up, It appears we have only 3 riders from north Indy so far...Indyron, funon3 and myself. If that's the case, and we're heading south, we could meet at my house (since both of you know where it is) and go from there to meet up with Retread who, I assume, lives south...is that correct John?

Perhaps we'll get this together...

Spyder Garage

Default I'm playing it by ear.

Looks like Saturday will be the nicer of the two days. I'll know better later in the week.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    Indyron--You mentioned that you were looking for a place to eat also...If the BBQ place that John mentioned has something else on their menu besides BBQ (can you comment on the menu John?) that would be fine with me (I don't eat BBQ but usually these places have other options)...but our choices are still open since you (Ron) said you were looking into a place to eat.

As far as meeting up, It appears we have only 3 riders from north Indy so far...Indyron, funon3 and myself. If that's the case, and we're heading south, we could meet at my house (since both of you know where it is) and go from there to meet up with Retread who, I assume, lives south...is that correct John?

Perhaps we'll get this together...
    I'm good with the restaurant. Time to meet? And address? I only ride by GPS!

Spyder Garage

The Pig's Tail looks reasonable

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Regrets

I'm not going to make it. The triplets and their sister are here and I will be taking them back to Michigan this weekend. Also the RT is apart in the garage waiting on a part. So I regretfully have to pass on this one.

Yes John lives south in Bargersville. He know that area down there very well and will lead you on a great ride. As far as his choice of restaurants well, ..............................
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

The Pig's Tail in Trafalgar is the BBQ i was talking about, their menu is pretty much brisket, pork, and chicken, with mac & cheese and some other sides. I go there for the brisket. I know they serve breakfast, but no details.
    There is a good place on the southwest corner of 135 and Whiteland Road, Flapjack's, and if we wait till N'ville, there are a lot of places, also a Mexican place in Morgantown.
    I'm in Bargersville, but I know the way to Dick's house, and remember a place near there called B.U.B, that was above average. With enough warning, I'm adaptable.

john

Spyder Garage

Default My Vote + Meeting Site/Time

Retread - Thanks for the latest post and info.

Just to get the conversation moving toward a decision, here's my thoughts.

I've never been to Flapjack's but I just went online and looked at their menu--looks great with lots of different choices and has my vote (sorry to not be a BBQ fan, but I certainly could eat at the Pig's Tail if that is the consensus of the group).

Since Retread is in Bargarsville, it probably doesn't make much sense for him to have to drive all the way up here just to turn around and return south...so...Those of us who live North could meet...say, at the intersection of 71st street and 465...the Bob Evans parking lot is easy to find and see. We could leave from there and meet retread at Flapjacks.

If we left Bob Evans at 10:30, we should arrive at Flapjacks well before 11:30. Then, we could discuss the route over lunch. (The Nashville/Morgantown/Martinsville suggestion sounds good to me.)

If we leave Flapjacks by 1:00, I'm guessing we could probably do a good trip over the "backroads" and be back in Indy around 4:00...unless I'm being overly optimistic on time here...but we can discuss the actual route over lunch.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan?

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm in

Spyder Garage

Works for me, I'll try to get to Flapjack's around 11 and get a table, give me an idea of how many.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Retread needs a count for the lunch table...

Okay...chime in if you're going...this is for the lunch count.

Also, chime in if you're going to meet at 71st/465 Bob Evans (so we will wait for you)...-or-... let us know if you'll meet us at Flapjacks, in which case you'll be on your own (obviously). :-)

If you're going to meet at Bob Evans, please be early enough to allow us to leave at 10:30 so we don't keep the Flapjacks contingent waiting.

BTW...Flapjacks appears to be on US 135 just south of W Whiteland Rd (which is W 500 North).
    The address they are showing On Google Maps is: 2991 Fulmer Drive...Retread...Is that a Bargersville address? Do I have the correct location that you are thinking of?

So...I assume we're on for Saturday...all we need now is a count...please "check in" and I'll see those of you who can make it on Saturday...looking forward to it.

PS: If you need to contact me: 317-752-3643

Slagiatt (Richard)

Spyder Garage

I'm in see you at Bob Evans at 10:30

Spyder Garage

Flapjack's is in a strip mall at the corner of Whiteland Road and SR 135, not sure if it's B'ville or Whiteland. I'll be there.

john

Spyder Garage

Smile Sat. looks like a great day for a ride & eat!

Count me in Richard. I can ride over to your house and we can head to Bob Evans from there. What time should I be at your house?

Tom