Thread: SpyderFest

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderFest

SpyderFest is coming up fast !!!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

I am ready to pack and go now because I just seen the forecast for the rest of the week, dare I say that nasty word = SNOW. Ok I will not say it again this spring.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    SpyderFest is coming up fast !!!!

Tommy J.
    I know. I can't wait. I had the Spyder out this past Sunday and got 150 miles in. 168 days between rides is an AWFUL long time to wait.

A little over a month ago I didn't know what a FARKLE was. Now I've got a few on order (SpyderPops BumpSkids, Custom Dynamics LED HMT Brake Light). I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to Spyderfest with full expectations of pulling it back home full of FARKLE treasures.

Will the Minnesota SpyderLovers be caravanning down as a group? Or are we all on our own schedules? I intend to make the estimated 600 mile, 9 hr ride down on Tuesday the 29th. It kinda looks foolish now that I see it in print.

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedDBA View Post
    I know. I can't wait. I had the Spyder out this past Sunday and got 150 miles in. 168 days between rides is an AWFUL long time to wait.

A little over a month ago I didn't know what a FARKLE was. Now I've got a few on order (SpyderPops BumpSkids, Custom Dynamics LED HMT Brake Light). I'm bringing my RT622 trailer to Spyderfest with full expectations of pulling it back home full of FARKLE treasures.

Will the Minnesota SpyderLovers be caravanning down as a group? Or are we all on our own schedules? I intend to make the estimated 600 mile, 9 hr ride down on Tuesday the 29th. It kinda looks foolish now that I see it in print.

600 miles in 9 hours?? Whew, that is ambitious, especially pulling a trailer. Good luck and be safe.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    600 miles in 9 hours?? Whew, that is ambitious, especially pulling a trailer. Good luck and be safe.

Cruzr Joe
    Well... That's the bing maps estimate. Which assumes nonstop.

I image I'll need to stop for gas, nutritional breaks, gas, use of facilities, gas, etc.
    Then there's the unexpected road construction (if any). Not sure about this time of year.
    With my luck, I'll most likely be hitting Kansas City near afternoon rush-hour. I may have to use the "recalculating" feature of my GPS.

It'll be a pilgrimage. That's for sure.

pil·grim·age [ pílgrimij ]

1.religious journey: a journey to a holy place, undertaken for religious reasons
    2.trip to special place: a journey to a place with special significance

For me, both definitions apply.
    Last edited by BeardedDBA; 04-02-2014 at 05:17 AM. Reason: formatting

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedDBA View Post

There a few different groups heading down to Spyderfest.....and I'm sure after posting this they will all be chiming in with their schedules. Saddly Butch and I can't leave until after work on the 29th so we'll be stopping somewhere in Iowa for the night and riding in to Springfield mid-day on the 30th.
    If you can, try to make it up for our first ride of the season out of Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN. I bet ya Spyderfest will be the hot topic of the day! and you'll get to meet a whole bunch of great Minnesota Spyderlovers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest

KATHY and I will be going to be leaving on the 20th heading to N.C. then leaving for Spyderfest on the 28th from there