Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaSpyderRyder View Post
    Just got back from my dealer and while the key tag is on the list for the service bulletin my VIN is not so they have to call BRP and find out if they are going to cover mine, mine is getting so bad that I'm afraid to take the key out of the ignition because i'm not sure if I'll be able to get it in the next time. Also having an issue with the Left hand switch housing were you can not us the left button when trying to do something with the settings like setting the time on the clock.

Bob

Well my dealer called today and said BRP is covering mine under the service bulletin, I'm glade BRP is covering.

Bob

Spyder Garage

It goes to the dealer on Thursday. Do you get a new trailer cylinder as well or are we SOL?
    Last edited by stevedfive; 04-13-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    It goes to the dealer on Thursday. Do you get a new trailer cylinder as well or are we SOL?
    You get a whole new kit which includes the ignition, tumbler for the rear luggage and extra tumbler for the trailer as well!

Spyder Garage

Thank you.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 04-15-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Artful dodger

Quote Originally Posted by dtkennney View Post
    Mine is not on the list. Looks like I dodged this one. On my way to Nevada on Monday.
    We dodged this one too. Either never got or threw away the plastic tab - never knew it was important But my dealer contacted BRP for further info and got this reply:

"Keep in mind that the failure of the key switch is due to the key staying stuck or not turning. Without the key code, you can insert/remove the key numerous times and try to turn it on/Off. If there is an instance where it doesn't turn or you are unable to remove it, replace the ignition switch. If you do this several times and in no instance does it stay stuck or not turn, don't replace it.
    The key code is stamped into the ignition switch but its removal is necessary to see it.

BRP found a way to tell the key code by looking at the key, this may be a bit more challenging but a solution.

If you are able to insert, turn, and remove your key multiple times without an issue then you should be good to go! Sounds like the few units that have experienced this failure had the failure happen fairly quickly."

Sooo........we're good to go

Bob & Spydee
    2014 RT-S SE6, Timeless Black

Spyder Garage

Service bulletin completed and out on the road in less than two hours.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    Service bulletin completed and out on the road in less than two hours.
    Any software updates done? Or just the key switch.

Spyder Garage

Just the key switch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Were you noticing any difficulties with the switches?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

No, the bike has been amazing so far.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They sure are!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black