Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Service Bulletin

My dealer's service manager phoned this morning wanting to know what number is stamped on that little black vinyl tab that came with my keys. He said BRP yesterday issued a bulletin because some ignition switches are, or may become, inoperable which would require replacement of everything that's key operated. My number isn't on the list so no problem for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine's got "1998" stamped on it... Can you find out if that's a good number to have?
    And, can we get a link to this bulletin online?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mine's got "1998" stamped on it... Can you find out if that's a good number to have?
    And, can we get a link to this bulletin online?
    Oh, you're screwed !

Roflmao.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Oh, you're screwed !

Roflmao.
    You seem rather happy, at another person's discomfort with unsettling news...

Why?

Spyder Garage

Why?

Its called a joke, I'm sure your bike will be fine. You did put your Gremlin Bell on right?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

jokes; I get...
    Your unusual sense of humor... not so much!
    But I am hanging two Gremlin Bells off the back of "Bon Temps"; just in case.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Its called a joke, I'm sure your bike will be fine. You did put your Gremlin Bell on right?
    I wouldn,t Be Soo Sure? You never know what problems are going to pop Up Until you "Ride It?"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did a little bit of digging online for it... I coulnd't find anything!

Spyder Garage

Why?
    Seriously Bob? It is a 2013 owner thing misery loves company. Wish I could ride cross country but I will ride no farther from a good dealer than my warranty towing coverage covers. Yes I and others are paranoid and just waiting for the next foot to drop. I am sure it was meant as but it appears the 2014 is having it's own teething pains and that is all on BRP. I am sure many of them will be just fine but as already shown some will not be. JMHO
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

We just got back from a 360 Mile Ryde today, all is well and we had a blast

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Seriously Bob? It is a 2013 owner thing misery loves company. Wish I could ride cross country but I will ride no farther from a good dealer than my warranty towing coverage covers. Yes I and others are paranoid and just waiting for the next foot to drop. I am sure it was meant as but it appears the 2014 is having it's own teething pains and that is all on BRP. I am sure many of them will be just fine but as already shown some will not be. JMHO
    I refuse to be tethered by potential maintenance problems . . . I'll ride when and where I want and if my Spyder breaks, well . . . I'll deal with it when it happens. I have several multi-day trips on the drawing board for this year, and a trip from West Virginia to Tucson, AZ and back, next year . . . Life is too short to worry about things that might never happen.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I refuse to be tethered by potential maintenance problems . . . I'll ride when and where I want and if my Spyder breaks, well . . . I'll deal with it when it happens. . . . Life is too short to worry about things that might never happen.
    Amen, brother! I learned long ago that carrying a credit card and some cash will get you home somehow, or get you back on the road. The unknown is part of the adventure...like trying to drive a Model A across the continent back in the 30's (or riding a Triumph to Michigan's UP in the 60's). You just find a way to deal with it, and go with the flow.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Amen, brother! I learned long ago that carrying a credit card and some cash will get you home somehow, or get you back on the road. The unknown is part of the adventure...like trying to drive a Model A across the continent back in the 30's (or riding a Triumph to Michigan's UP in the 60's). You just find a way to deal with it, and go with the flow.
    There was a model "A" for sale at a local car show last week for $2500. It looked pretty original too a little long in the tooth but it ran.
    Last edited by Magdave; 03-29-2014 at 07:08 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

There was a model "A for sale at a local car show last week for $2500. It looked pretty original too a little long in the tooth but it ran.
    I learned to drive in a Model A...I love them.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I'm thinking I need to write a list of who not to joke w/ around here, must be a generation gap thing.

lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightening View Post
    +1
    Either the link or a reference number for the bulletin
    I have 1208 on mine and would like to know also.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

But I am hanging two Gremlin Bells off the back of "Bon Temps"; just in case.
    You didn't buy them yourself, did you? I've been told that the only way gremlin bells have the power to protect you is they have to be given to you as a gift. If you buy them for yourself then they are nothing more than decorations!! Nobody ever gave me one for my Goldwing. I guess they knew I didn't it, at least not for breakdowns. I may have to go ask for one for my Spyder!
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I got an email from my dealer advising that my VIN was listed on the bulletin. However, they needed the key tag number to see what action is needed, if any. I emailed them the key tag number and will hear back from them on Monday.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    You didn't buy them yourself, did you? I've been told that the only way gremlin bells have the power to protect you is they have to be given to you as a gift. If you buy them for yourself then they are nothing more than decorations!! Nobody ever gave me one for my Goldwing. I guess they knew I didn't it, at least not for breakdowns. I may have to go ask for one for my Spyder!
    I bought a few to give out but I have never received one........maybe we can gift each other.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Default Buttons

I think you are being taken to literally. But then, I think of Flamingobabe.......

Lesson one dating back to Cub Scout days.....Be prepared.....

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    You didn't buy them yourself, did you? I've been told that the only way gremlin bells have the power to protect you is they have to be given to you as a gift. I may have to go ask for one for my Spyder!
    They were both gifts...
    One from "Sonny-Boy", and th other from a Tri-Glide owner that I've known for my entire adult life.

PM me your mailing address... You don't need to ask for a Bell; I'd be honored, if you'd allow me to send you one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    You certainly must be joking.

PK
    Im not unfortunately.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I refuse to be tethered by potential maintenance problems . . . I'll ride when and where I want and if my Spyder breaks, well . . . I'll deal with it when it happens. I have several multi-day trips on the drawing board for this year, and a trip from West Virginia to Tucson, AZ and back, next year . . . Life is too short to worry about things that might never happen.
    I couldn't agree more!
    Life's short, Get out & Ride!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I agree with Scotty & Hayfield.
    You never what you are going to encounter on a trip and that's part of the attraction.

Otherwise why bother?
    As long you get home somehow in one piece.

I'll have to dust off my collection of old Apple bumperstickers.
    The journey is the reward.
    Saturday, 22 March, I was 130 miles from home when I got a code and limp home mode, then it stalled. I was with a pretty large group pf folks on the way to a brunch in Richmond VA. BRP towed me to a dealer in Fredericksburg VA, where my Spyder still sits, and I was over 100 miles from home. Through the day, many of the folks on the ride came by the dealer's to see if I was OK, and two stuck with me. By the way . . . when the dealer contacted BRP to order the split hose, BRP told them to check out some other stuff, and, according to the dealer, they are replacing: "a sensor, new hoses, a purge valve, actually a whole bunch of little things . . . " Once it was determined that my Spyder was staying there to wait for parts, these two folks offered to get me back to Warrenton, VA, an hour closer to home, and my daughter met me there. The young lady let me ride her brand new 2013 RT (she got it in October) and she rode 1+ with the guy who lived in Warrenton . . . and going to Warrenton was 25 minutes out of her way to get home. My thanks to Ron and Shana, and all the other folks who offered moral support through the day . . . I continue to be amazed how great our Spyder family is! The day was an adventure!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I have 1912 on mine. Will be contacting dealer.

2014 White RTS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles